Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Duck Rodgers posted:

Who cares about milk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hey come on don't spoil the finale

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Alctel posted:

I think it's been mentioned before but the BC Health Gateway is loving excellent

Literally all your past doctor visits, prescriptions, vaccinations (and soon apparently) test results all in one place.

I live in Ontario and I feel attacked by this post

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/TheBeaverton/status/1399089553718272002

:vince:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

During the Oka crisis, I lived close enough to Kanhawake that the Surete de Quebec came to our door to warn is that the Mohawks had mortars and sniper rifles aimed at our neighborhood. We should keep our blinds closed and be aware of the danger.

My boomer dad politely sent them on their way, then closed the door, turned to me and told me not to believe any of that. That was the day I learned not to trust the police. #notAllBoomers

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

quote:

The study found those who had an initial dose of AstraZeneca vaccine and got a second shot of Pfizer had an increase in IgG antibodies — which are commonly found in the bloodstream and play a key role in creating memory cells that fight the virus — that were 30 to 40 times higher than in a control group who only received one AstraZeneca dose.

Mix and match baby, I'm loving in.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

DariusLikewise posted:

A friend of a friend had a C-Section done in a Winnipeg hospital and was discharged in under 24 hours because she was told there wasn't enough room or staff to continue care.

Do me a favor, bring this person a cassarole or something. Recovering from regular labour is hard enough but c sections are major surgery.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Arcsquad12 posted:

Friend of mine who works for Conestoga College got an email from their manager of aboriginal services saying there's likely going to be more news coming from the Brantford and Chippewas or Thames residential school sites.

Oh yeah, if we start looking we are going to find a lot of bodies everywhere. Sending ground penetrating radar to every residential school is the only way to start getting at the truth and no politician will do it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I was always indifferent to the Argonauts but then they moved to our beautiful soccer stadium and we had to tear up the natural grass for some hybrid turf bullshit that ruins soccer players knees and now I hate them.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Syfe posted:

The local newspaper had a spin about how parents are fed up with online learning and were demanding kids be sent to school ASAP.

There's some kind of organized effort to get schools to reopen but I can't figure out who or why. Only the dumbest dickbags I know want schools to reopen at this point.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Arcsquad12 posted:

Jesus christ what the gently caress is Kenney doing!? He's literally doing a whataboutism on a question about Sir John A MacDonald by talking about all the ahit Wilfred Laurier did.

He's making sure the racist rednecks in his party/ constituency/ province think they can own liberals on this. Truth and justice are inconsequential

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I've been reflecting on the kids who were bussed from reserves to my neighborhood for schooling. When I went to school residential schools were still open( I'm old). I always used to think it was wrong to culturally indoctrinate the native kids like that, but now I'm wondering if they were the lucky ones.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I lay some pretty sick burns on the G&M comment boards. The racism there is off the charts, as well as the vaccine disinformation. I've definitely gotten in a few people's heads, people call me out by name on articles I haven't even read yet.

I have a few tips for maximizing enjoyment of newspaper comment trolling:
1) Just comment and leave, don't read people's replies it will only drag you into an argument with an idiot. Say your piece and move on.
2) Always tag the top comment or two with a smart reply explaining why it is wrong / racist. That way your idea doesn't have to get upvoted to get noticed, and you're countering the most toxic bullshit.
3) Put 'from Toronto' in your user name. I cannot stress this one enough, it drives people loving crazy to be burned/condescended to by a progressive FROM TORONTO.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/GraphicMatt/status/1400154265960599553?s=19
I'm glad it's transcribed to show how loving nuts his anecdote is

He's just so loving bad at pretending to care about people

https://twitter.com/bruce_arthur/status/1400150930088202240

:hmmyes:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://twitter.com/ryersontories/status/1401977267878772741?s=19

L m f a o

Just a sweet cherry on top to the discourse.

https://twitter.com/nickandhislens/status/1402255302708236288

COVID IS OVER
NATURE IS HEALING

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Muscle Tracer posted:

might wanna spoiler that

If posting a goatse reply to the Ryerson Conservatives Manifesto on the Something Awful forums is wrong then I don't want to be right. :colbert:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Every reply on that thread is incredible, just 100% a dunk session.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/fatimabsyed/status/1402422691286687745

Did Trudeau get booed?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

prom candy posted:

love to see that curve drop, might even gently caress around and eat on a patio next week

I'm really hoping we avoid the Surge of the Delta Variant :ohdear:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Glad to hear the media already reporting that the London killer 'wasn't a racist friends say' and 'his grandmother died last week' and 'his new truck had steering problems'

gently caress the media in the country so hard

e: Also that he was wearing a bulletproof vest, crash helmet and swastikas. Who can say what this white man's motivations were?

e: Lead story on the National Post right now

I call it.... journalism!

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 9, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

1) Glad that's getting some press attention, its been floating around social media for a few days.

2) Straight people def. go to Hanlans Point, not sure what that person is on about.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/CANADALAND/status/1402721610872852480

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Canadians support Israel because they are a settler nation who treat the settled as less than people, just like us.

e: To acknowledge that there's something fundamentally wrong in Israel requires Canadians to admit the same thing about our country, and a lot of Canadians won't ever do that.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Never have so many fought over so little

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Wistful of Dollars posted:

So enough digging and I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 1000 around the country.

If memory serves, the number estimated out of the Truth and Reconciliation hearings was between 4,000-6,000.

e: This report says 3,200 http://www.trc.ca/assets/pdf/Volume_4_Missing_Children_English_Web.pdf

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 13, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I don't mean to be an rear end in a top hat (well I kinda do) but why the gently caress is everyone taking SAL's comment about going into acting at face value? It's obviously a throwaway line.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Noblesse Obliged posted:

She’s right about Trudeau though

Hey! He supports the Israeli Defense Force, they're the only feminist army in the middle east!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/bad_epi/status/1405698067765018627

Great thread tying together white supremacists, Derek Sloan, Chris Sky, Antivax doctors and half a dozen other bad actors.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The vaccine equivalent of leaving a restaurant because they only have Pepsi, no Coke.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

EngineerJoe posted:

That didn't last long:

edit: there's more, someone really must have given him the business.

https://twitter.com/CityNews/status/1406942374098571270

The spread bad information on twitter -> TV talking head pipeline continues unabated

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

quote:

Speaking with Alex Pierson for an interview for AM640 in late May and in a document sent out via his university email address, Dr. Byram Bridle, a viral immunologist with the Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph, said recent scientific studies point to potential harms caused by COVID-19 vaccines and that the federal government should stop giving shots to children before more studies can be done.

[...]

Bridle’s document adds that the seasonal flu is more likely to cause severe illness in youth.

So he's a veterinarian who cast doubt on COVID vaccines on a right wing talk station, then compared COVID to the flu? I'm not an expert either but I'm going to go ahead and disregard this guy.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

bunnyofdoom posted:

I actually am starting to feel hopeful

I saw a map this week that everywhere neighborhood in Toronto is experiencing 1 case or less per day averaged over the last 2 weeks except the NE and NW areas, which is downright incredible.

e: of course, I can't find it now so if anyone has this map where most of Toronto is yellow except the dark blue corners please share it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Health Services posted:

Data is from Toronto Open Data, accessed June 21. There's a small number of cases that aren't linked to geographic data as well.

Thank you, lots of reason for hope if we can get a city of ~3m to this state and we're still just starting to roll out the second doses.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

ChickenWing posted:

Second shot todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay holy gently caress I am amped

Got my 2nd shot at UofT at 10:30 this morning. Feels loving great.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

PT6A posted:

Why don't we just prosecute them? Literally nothing of value will be lost if every bastard responsible ends up in prison.

Because nobody wants to piss off Catholics and lose their votes. That's the answer in a nutshell.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

In Ontario we have an emailed receipt from the government that I've heard is the equivalent.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/MackLamoureux/status/1409534306939248648

BBQAnon Adam Skelly raised $300,000 on gofundme to fight the lockdown in court, but failed to hire lawyers who know how to file paperwork :laugh:

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Duck Rodgers posted:

Any idea what the timeline is for the 5 to 12 group? Would be good to get them vaccinated before school starts

We're waiting on the data from trials, which should be in by late summer, and then Health Canada has to review and approve it.

It has to do with how the studies are done. I'm not an expert but as I understand a certain number of children in the placebo group have to catch COVID before the data can be considered complete. If enough of those kids tested positive this week, then the data would be complete much sooner.

Before schools starts is optimistic, but I think the 6-12 cohort getting shots by Canadian thanksgiving is realistic. The good news is we won't be waiting on vaccines, at that point we should have freezers full ready to go immediately.

e: to reiterate I am not an expert.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 29, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I think this is some good nuance, but I also think it's loving unacceptable to have a sitting Senator stanning for China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Beelzebufo posted:

I feel like there's an awful lot of people who need to go.

:hmmyes: 105 at least.

e:

Willatron posted:

Then it's just as valid for China to call out Canada out on it's lovely practices. In the end it's just an imperialist state calling out a colonial one and vice versa, using human rights issues as political fodder in one upping each other. It's completely meaningless and doesn't help either the Uighurs or Indigenous peoples of North America.

Except in this case it's a sitting legislator calling out his own colonial state on behalf of a foreign imperialist one.

I'm the most adamant anti-nationalist I've ever met and even I think this stinks.