Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Im serious when I ask this.

Do we know why Canadian uptake is so high compared to the rest of the world (well atleast the US)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

flakeloaf posted:

In the meantime, let's sit back and watch officials and corporations embarrass themselves with shows of performative grief over the discovery of yet more proof that Canada is a genocidal wasteland

Roll up the rim to reconcile

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

pokeyman posted:

My apologies. I do not want that in the thread title.

To clarify my joke was also made against the commodification of suffering/grief/pain rather than the TRC itself.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

PT6A posted:

Do people graduate school and say to themselves, "right, well, that's over. Time to stop learning new things!" or something?

Most do yes, why do you think we are where we are socially?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
CFL seems sad because all the players look like they are depressed to be there.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
loving read a room bumbles jesus christ that was embarassing.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Here is bumbles loving up the easiest softball.

https://twitter.com/TheBreakdownAB/status/1399865810496090114?s=20

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Not everyone is actively racist, a majority are passively racist.

Hope this helps.

(Passively racist in the sense that they continue to uphold the systemic and racial biases inherent to society, it's a low bar for sure but its still there)

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/greywan/status/1400163171764158467?s=20

Yup...

Also, Kenney couldnt stop scoring own goals yesterday

https://twitter.com/TheBreakdownAB/status/1400153172417474562?s=20

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 2, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/MBellefontaine/status/1400201180517707776?s=20

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arcsquad12 posted:

Lol Hinshaw with the half assed attempt to defend Kenney and his cronies on the balcony by saying "I wasn't there so I don't know but I've seen the photo and anyways next question."

https://twitter.com/KevinCTV/status/1400569307105464322?s=20

Please see these men 6 feet apart.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wonder what Rick Bell's angle is by pressing this question. He's usually on Kenney's side for all these updates and now he's asking about how Kenney refusing to admit fault is undermining public trust. Is he one of those nutso libertarians who only likes the ruling government when they are beating down people he doesn't like and throws them under the bus the moment he actually has to deal with face-eating leopard consequences?

Yes, that and he has a weird penchant for thinking he is speaking for the common man so he tends to push back on topics that he think they'll be pissed about.

Whether this is some internal justification to himself to not being a straight up mouth piece or actual its hard to tell.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's the weird thing in public discourse where you could have a 300 Million procurement gently caress up and no one bats an eye but if someone expenses $3,000 of OJ then its real and definable to the common voter.

Its never the big things that take people down its the small and contextual things.

Kenney defaulting to gaslighting also just throws gas on the fire.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

PT6A posted:

Cases are reasonable right now, vaccines are increasing, and a small group of people gathering outside with reasonable distancing has always been reasonably safe. It was allowed last summer, people were doing it safely without vaccines at all, and the cases only started spiking in September when school started and things cooled down.

It's time, we should be allowed to gather outdoors again. Would it be better if they were further apart? Yes. But, overall, it's a pretty safe situation compared to literally any school and the vast majority of workplaces, and compared with restaurant/bar patios, it would also be trivial to contact-trace and isolate if necessary.

What is this line of thinking?

Politicians should be the last to integrate into society, they should be seen as making the same if not a greater sacrifice than they ask of us.

Not to mention the bullshit Kenney pulled during the pandemic, the Aloha gate poo poo and him coming back and saying hed throw people out of caucus if they were caught breaking the rules again.

Just because you want to do it, doesn't mean Kenney should be left off the hook.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Well maybe I read it wrong OK...

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Ah I see its the bi monthly is it ok to do violence against racists discussion.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

UnknownMercenary posted:

I hate linking chuds here but this guys is basically the press office for Ford.

https://twitter.com/brianlilley/status/1402704399932309506

Can't wait to get spammed with bullshit Ontario Proud ads once they overturn this.

Should have went with a picture of Doug mask off imo.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Society is a finely woven mesh of different cults.

Also LOL at western standard with another scoop. This was the rumor for a while.

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 10, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/1407352087818780672?s=20

I wonder if he's also listening to these citizens on the street.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Having Stampede and poo poo expire on July 1 are purely chosen for symbolic victories with no scientific methodology or anything resembling reason behind them.

I literally hate everyone that is saying THE SCIENCE SAYS ITS SAFE.

This province is a shithole.

May Allah cleanse us all.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Reddit is a white supremacist cesspool... stop going.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Hard to provide a morally consistent rebuttal posting on a website ran that was run by a spouse abuser for ages, I just chose not to engage except for the odd google result because I don't find supporting it worth it.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is literally the site that birthed 4chan you dingus

I never said I wasn't an idiot.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arcsquad12 posted:

It works on a rotation.

Its more of a quantum thing, the worst province is whatever we are observing.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I can understand the seemingly performative aspect of it, it's a psychological defence mechanism. The tangible evidence is a higher mental bar to clear, and as soon as they realize it they want to shift blame to not be responsible.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Im also on that second shot of Moderna, so far muscle pain and fatigue... Should be an interesting day...

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/1409991814216617984?s=20

I should just really stop reading the news.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Sorry I've just come up with a radical new thought pattern called "Multiple things can be bad and criticized at the same time".

In this economy?!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I'd like to announce my new political party, the airing of grievances party.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/jkenney/status/1410345559664193537?s=20

Remember that time all those hate crimes happened to people of colour and Jason created videos for those too...

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Karmic justice for yelling on someone's driveway because they posted a lovely meme.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/erinotoole/status/1410257138757341192?s=20

What in the fresh gently caress?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Randalor posted:

So I'm not going to watch the video, because it set off my "racist fuckwit detector" (colloquially known as "my eyes when I read who made that tweet") and the second vaccine has been handing my rear end to me all day, but... what in the everloving gently caress is he going on about? I mean, other than Winnipeg's infection rate dropping like a rock (despite Pallister's best efforts), I'm not sure what Winnipeg did this time with the pandemic? We've been getting our shots. Blame people in Winkler-and-the-surrounding-area.

Or is this more "WUHAN FLU WAS A BIOWEAPON MADE BY THE COMMUNIST CHINESE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1!1!1!1!!! *something something* LIBRULS!"" bullshit?

China fear-mongering, also implying that china created the lab in Wuhan and somehow Winnipeg was involved due to the work they were doing on increasing replication viruses.

The rest is trying to tie in a bunch of other poo poo.. it's really just qanon bait.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
What's the over-under on a "stop the steal" push coming here?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Willatron posted:

Stephen Harper is living an easy life as the head of a "consulting firm" probably making stacks and staying out of the limelight, why the gently caress would he go back to politics?

Everyone else keeps loving it up.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arcsquad12 posted:

Prime Minister Derek Sloan: he's like Leslyn Lewis, but a white man!

We can't post his picture because all the social media nude filters keep flagging his chin.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Moderna's oddly kicked my rear end like twice... fatigue hits about 6 days after the shot and sticks around for about 4 or 5... starting the second wave of it after my second shot and hopefully its not as bad as the first.

Real hard doing a 2-hour presentation when you can barely keep your eyes open.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/cspotweet/status/1412884294905782277?s=20

Kenney just making himself way too easy to dunk on.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

PittTheElder posted:

The particularly galling thing to me has been the cities discarding their mask mandates so fast. Masks are such a tiny, insignificant thing, that protect a large part of the non-vaccinated population (which at this point is still most of the population). Just stick to your guns and require them indoors until the second vaccination rate comes up. :smith:

Calgary city council was frustrating as gently caress to watch.

Farkas (UCP lapdog and conservative who didn't get bullied enough kept screaming WHY DONT YOU TRUST THE SCIENCE and asking the city how many epidemiologists they had (the city had actually like 100 though a Harvard city network). Also why don't you trust the chief medical officer?!?!? (the cabinet makes the recommendations not the CMO)

We delayed lifting the mask mandate by about a week, Edmonton's was atleast close we ended up 10-4.

Wow the numbers are going down yay us, this has never happened before when schools were out and we clearly have no lessons to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

sitchensis posted:

I just want to bask in the fact that Vancouver's SkyTrain rapid transit system is just so loving popular and beloved that politicians of every stripe are publicly tripping over themselves to fund more of it.

Seriously. It's really quite wonderful to see.

Turns out people like well-funded mass transit systems. Who would have thought?

Oh the entirety of europe? Ok then.