Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Only thing keeping ICUs in Alberta from total failure here is the daily discharge rate(deaths) is equal to the daily admitting rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Faffel posted:

So I guess BC has just gone full on "we aren't doing anything and it's up to the public to figure this out" now. I'm beginning to think this continent is fundamentally hosed and nothing can bring it back from the brink. Trying for minimal disruptions while informing businesses to prepare for a third of their workforce to get sick at any given time. Surely this will stop the medical system and other essential infrastructure from collapsing. I've been reasonably chill during this pandemic but for some reason this poo poo is making me apoplectic now.

Main issue in BC is staffing levels. Last shift I worked with the floor(medical unit) fully staffed was Dec. 25th when everyone makes 2.5 times rate/pay. Even Jan. 1st with everyone making double we where short 2.

Island health where I work, we have 40 COVID patients, and a whopping 12 in ICU areas, all unvaxxed or 1 dose. That's nothing. What the news isn't telling you is the staff/PT ratio is dog poo poo, instead of 4-5 patients, you get 8-10. Last shift my wife did in emergency,(Jan 2nd), she had 6 nurses to work with for 90~ patients in that department. Finally BC and probably other places, the number one emergency presented is not COVID, it's mental health, and drug overdoses. But people can't catch a mental health breakdown from a restaurant or gym that so it's not in the media. Many people work thankless jobs here, but the security working within hospitals. God drat do they have it rough.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

First I thought the issue was all truckers had to be vaxxed to just do their job, like delivering meat from Alberta to BC. That is not the case at all, just mad one needs to be vaxxed coming into Canada from US. Yet you need a vaccine to enter America any per that counties laws.

The convoy now has to do with getting some of that sweet $$$$ GoFundMe dollars. I expect next week when all the donations are refunded, well get more bigbrain conspiracy theories of government controlling this GoFundMe money.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Xaranthius posted:

Apparently it's not just airlines dealing with cancellations and delays.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-ferries-cancelled-sailings-june-30-1.6506772

Oh you'll just take the Tsawwassen ferry instead?

Queen of Alberni breaks down about 5 times a year, it's old as gently caress. I khow few people that work for BC ferries and I can tell you that the issues are not underpaid staff. Maybe finding staff on short notice is a problem but the nice lady as the cashier charging me to much for my spicy chicken burger is not underpaid.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Mr. Apollo posted:

I've had people send me Chat GPT queries in lieu of filling out legally required paperwork and providing back up documentation.

For example, imagine a lawyer saying in court "I asked Chat GPT if my client is guilty and it said no" instead of providing an actual legal defense.

When they're told that Chat GPT output won't be accepted as proof by the various regulatory bodies, they usually get upset and say something like "But it's AI, it can't be wrong. It knows everything".

:(

This is the modern day version of quoting Wikipedia as your source for an essay.