Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
Maybe that's the expected death rate per school year at boarding schools - better check for mass graves on the grounds of Upper Canada College and St George's too.

(No way there haven't been lots of hazing deaths, whatever they might get called on the record.)

Not to trivialize the residential school - there's been precious little when it comes to consequences for everyone involved.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Tippecanoe posted:

Lmao you suck in every possible way dude

Nah, I just rushed the delivery of "surely the elite schools have this problem of deliberately starving people to death because you don't give a poo poo" too / got tangled up in that hazing aside.

If I didn't already have an unhealthy fan club, pretty meh.

(Look, I'll keep doing it because it's not 100% baseless: Coroner records going back centuries at Oxford contained a massive quantity of "___, a scholar, died of misadventure")

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Crow Buddy posted:

DnD not being moderated anymore or did they rehire that guy again?

As an experiment, I spent a bit after one of my probations reporting all the replies to me that actually violate the rules and more or less got told if I can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. I can, so whatever, but I think it's rather suspect to let people who post exclusively "gently caress you man" noise go to town - sets a really bad example that seems to be emulated.

You guys are welcome to try reporting some of their posts though!

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
I picked up a Moderna shot the other day since an immediate appointment showed up five minutes from home... Expected usual complete non-event, actually got some pins and needles and numbness in both hands and feet within ten minutes. Blew that off as "I'm sitting in a slightly cold room on a crappy chair" but it didn't go away after walking out and hitting a couple stores and actually got far stronger over the next few hours - the rest of my day ended up a complete write-off.

Google found a) that this is considered a serious adverse affect and supposedly super rare so I put a token effort that afternoon into trying to report mine via nurse line that was steering me towards urgent care/hospital which I resisted on the basis of wasted time so instead an online walk-in doctor. Short version: report didn't happen; and b) people saying that this state lasts for weeks/months in them however I'm pretty confident people for whom it goes away don't spend much time talking about it online... Anyway, it was gone by the time I woke up the next morning.

Not thrilled about it having happened at all since it means the body hit the nervous system in response to immunization for reasons that aren't really understood and makes me a bit leery of second shot (esp. since those reports of "Covid+one" resulting in higher antibody response than "no Covid"+two exist), but hey, I feel fine and otherwise just had the more usual injection site soreness for a couple days so whatever and probably (?) nothing ever comes of it.