Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I dunno, I don't think this Andrew Scheer character is going to last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

You can come back from a ban much faster than a probe so it's not the worst thing to happen.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Herstory Begins Now posted:

He was meant to be ban + probed but the admin removed the probe, too, when they removed the ban

well heck

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

flakeloaf posted:

By all means give them a rough ride over the made-up pluralization, though

It's a fake word but it sounds better as a team name and keeps the "Esks" shorthand going, so I don't hate it (I do, however, hate the team, a trash franchise for idiots, go stamps)

The John Deere logo is fuckin awful, though. I assume it was a contractually-obligated design as part of the new name, and they'll just keep using the EE logo everywhere they can.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Correct. It is by far a better product than the NFL and actually pays its players (a pittance), making it also better than college ball.

I hope it bounces back somehow with whatever their weird partnership ends up being, it would be a true shame to lose it.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I’m a pasty rear end white guy and I can’t imagine answering in any sort of affirmative to that question from a cop. What a smug, privileged rear end in a top hat.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

RBC posted:

I just booked my second dose for july 10 and gonna be done with it. That's early enough, I don't have the energy or time to be doing a vaccine scavenger hunt.

Yeah mine's the 8th and I've tried a couple of times to re-check the AHS website but I think they're loving with people now to avoid musical chairs.

I've previously burned through queues of 40-60,000 people in less than two hours (first dose scheduling/rescheduling/second dose initial), but yesterday the website had a queue of 6000 at 9pm and I was only into the low 4100s when I went to bed at midnight.

Either they've drastically increased the timeout limit for the 2nd dose scheduling on the website or they're artificially gating things.

But how will I attend Stampede without my second dose and adequate time to recuperate, Kenney?!?!?!?!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Stanley's 18% is like, 1,500 people. A determined healthcare professional running around hogtying farmers and jabbing them could increase the percentage points of the area by a significant amount in one day.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I got my second Pfizer dose yesterday, had about an hour of getting way too hot and wondering if I was gonna be one of those 103 degree fever havers, but then I cooled off and went to bed and this morning I just have a sore arm and my brain feels like it's running at about 50%.

I'll take it.

And yeah, Ontario is 2 weeks behind the Open 'Er Up Alberta train. Try harder Doug Ford (plz don't).

e: The Nashville North tent will require proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter, loving lol the cowboy chuds are going to rage.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 9, 2021

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I really wish we lived in a world where we could have a global, centralized, easy-to-verify vaccine tracking system without it being used to hurt the people it's supposed to protect.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I think I'm 100% past my 2nd Pfizer dose (thursday) so I'm ready to start feeling tired and lovely on my own merit again.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I've done online market research for a decade and I just started a new gig that focuses on phone surveys and the idea that someone would stay on their phone to answer a 25 minute questionnaire for little to no reward has blown my mind.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Isn’t that like a brand new neighborhood? Looks like it’s right on the edge of another phase of garbage homes

That was my first thought from the photos, prime location right next to a glistening mud pit.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm glad Kenney won't implement a vaccine passport so my future freedom to travel relies on access to this loving broke rear end website that often redirects through telushealth.com when clicking internal links and has required 4 layers of identity validation that have each broken in their own unique way over the course of three weeks.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Political market research is also picking up in expectation of an election. It's happening.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/cbc-podca...i-collaborators

quote:

Another controversy for the Memorial to the Victims of Communism in Ottawa as some donations were made to it in honour of fascists and Nazi collaborators.

This is my shocked face.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Another Bill posted:

Stay Safe Calgary goons :ohdear:

No! :mad:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

terrorist ambulance posted:

even if you do test positive, you can go to still go to work if you want (need) to.

https://twitter.com/xghostnotesx/status/1419389389864529924

I remember being a broke-rear end student and fuckin Ralph Bucks paid for my share of rent for a month when things were getting real desperate. There's no conservative "outreach" like that now (shallow as it was), it's just constant gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you towards almost every single person in the province with absolutely zero shame. And if they'd shown the barest thread of human decency, instead of constantly choosing the worst option to the point that even their sociopath supporters wound up asking what the gently caress, they'd easily cruise to 60% of the votes in every provincial election from now until the province roasts under constant 40C summers.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Calgary also has an absurdly high pet insurance rate, for some reason. You should get pet insurance, everyone with a pet. It's very cheap and covers huge amounts of things in the event your best friend gets hurt or becomes sick.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Arcsquad12 posted:

I do wonder if the fourth wave we're walking into will get much traction as an attack on Trudeau given how well the vaccination campaign has been going until the recent slowdown.

Anyone trying to leverage it against him (conservative premieres) are the ones directly responsible for it so I don't think it'll work too well with the general public.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

pokeyman posted:

What board games?

This is the real question that'll spark the thread on fire (instead of the wrong urban outdoor cat defenders)

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Fidelitious posted:

they can't stop you from accessing your own health-care information and giving it to whoever you want.

Get a load of this guy who hasn’t had the MyHealth website break 5 different ways over 3 weeks while trying to verify his identity to get access to his vaccine info.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This guy absolutely reminds the prof they forgot to assign homework.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

How dare Trudeau not respect that the conservatives should be allowed to tank their popularity by killing untold numbers of Canadians with their policies and then allowed to rehab their image before the next election.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

tagesschau posted:

Me. I have a proven track record of nobody ever listening to me.

In which riding are you representing the Greens?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

pokeyman posted:

I'm ok with "I'm not voting for this lovely candidate" and am not sure that would usually be thought of as "strategic" voting. I just have no time for "a vote for not-Liberal is a vote for the Conservatives"-style bullshit.

It especially rings hollow this time around when the Libs promised to fix the system so you could vote for who you actually wanted to without worrying about splitting votes or strategy.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Imagine how wild the white supremacy would be at this point with the federal government encouraging it along with the premieres of like half of the provinces.

Libs are bad, they absolutely suck in most every way, but it is very much a lesser evil situation and they are not waging a constant culture war on women and minorities and LGBT and every other 'other' out there.

Our electoral system fuckin' sucks that people even have to think "am I wasting my vote?" for voting for who they want to instead of some perceived horseshit strategy.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

rip, a fun concert I was looking forward to this week has been canceled because Calgary is a loving wasteland of covid. Glad we opened 'er up and removed all those restrictions to help local businesses.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

mila kunis posted:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-housing-plan-1.6151154

If the Liberals are re-elected on Sept. 20, Trudeau said, he would introduce a first home savings account which would allow Canadians up to age 40 to save $40,000 toward their first home and withdraw it tax-free when it comes time to buy. Money added to the account would go in tax-free and could be withdrawn without any taxes owing on possible investment gains.

He said a Liberal government would double the first-time home buyers tax credit from $5,000 to $10,000 — an incentive that would help with the many closing costs that come with buying property.

nothing about reducing house prices, just starving the government of revenue so its easier for you to get into massive levels of debt

i love liberalism

So a tax break for all those self-made millenials featured in endless news stories with the "say it bart" meme of "actually their parents paid their down-payment."

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Really starting to hate my province full of blowhard hypocrites.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Pretty sure that's Chasing Summer, an EDM festival they hosted downtown this weekend.

We're so very hosed.

e: jesus lmao

quote:

The province says that as of Aug. 27 there are COVID-19 outbreaks at nine AHS and Covenant Health acute care facilities:

North Zone:
-Redwater Health Centre.
Edmonton Zone:
-Grey Nuns Community Hospital.
South Zone:
-Medicine Hat Regional Hospital.
-Chinook Regional Hospital.
-Cardston Health Centre.
-Crowsnest Pass Health Centre.
Calgary Zone:
-Peter Lougheed Centre.
-Foothills Medical Centre.
-Rockyview General Hospital.

Pleads fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 29, 2021

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Count Roland posted:

What has really irked me, and is what has caused me to inquire about this here, is the attitude of "gently caress those guys, make them get their vaccine this would all be over". I don't like to see groups of people being so eager to curtail the freedom of a different group. More than that though, mandatory vaccines won't end covid. It will raise the vaccination rate (and save lives) but not to 100%. Even if it did, the virus will still be circulating in the population, still infecting and maiming and killing people. I worry that unvaccinated people are becoming a scapegoat for the disease itself, even though their participation would not end the pandemic.

lol nope, gently caress 'em. They're blowing up our already-weakened healthcare, pushing back needed care for other ailments because our overworked doctors and nurses are stuck dealing with antivaxx idiots taking up ICU beds (and soon flooding ERs as their colons slough out their assholes I guess).

They're also preventing us from reaching effective herd immunity to protect the people who really cannot get the vaccine, which is extending the suffering for those groups for no reason.

Covid becoming a slightly more severe cold is like, the best case at this point, and cannot happen soon enough and would happen sooner without these entitled fuckwits.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Went to a bar after a slow pitch game only for someone to ask "so who is everyone voting for?" and one guy to say he was debating between the People's Party and Maverick party. Then I remembered where he lives and his PPC nominee is Derek Sloan.

fuckin ugh

FUCKIN UGH

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Alberta to implement additional covid measures which may include "recommending that unvaccinated people limit their social contacts".

I'm sure that will stop the thousands of people getting COVID every day.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Fuckin stupid rear end poo poo fuckin province

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

How do I, a person who won't be able to vote until the election following this one, help the NDP rend the cons asunder? I am a computer toucher by trade and not able to canvass because I work stupid hours. It's there something little I can do that would help?

how many eggs you got

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

infernal machines posted:

Any bets on what riding gets the booby prize?

Banff-Airdrie is my prediction.

e: although the Maverick party might further siphon off the crazies in Alberta to make it impossible for the PPC out here, hmm.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'll take a free house, give me a free house.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Capri Sunrise posted:

Just tuned in to see her being asked if the Greens still have a purpose - oh boy.

Did she reply, "to get me elected," or did she lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Everyone is asking where the Michaels have gone in Canada these days