Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

if you've fallen off of watching wrestling but think why not try again or for whatever reason the funny poo poo here has made you interested, there's a show called "aew dynamite" and a pay per view that you can illegally stream called "aew double or nothing".

they take place tonight really late, and sunday at like 7pm eastern.

it's my favorite promotion at the moment, and tonight's show is probably going to be exciting with lots of stuff building to the PPV on sunday. it's on after basketball on TNT, you can also illegally stream it if you want.

if i had to describe it to people who havent watched it before, it's like a legit mix of the fun poo poo of the 90s that takes itself seriously enough to get invested in, but it's able to laugh at itself too. Plus a lot of really athletic crazy poo poo in the matches.

a big reason I like it more than anything else today is that the matches provide an actual variety in style, pace, intensity, etc. a big complaint of wwe is that every match is basically the exact same format, over & over, nothing different except maybe a giant fat guy will crash through the guard rail. on an episode of aew dynamite (normally on wednesday) you'll probably see a match that's like your average wwe raw match, but also a match with a lot of flips and kicks, and then even some southern poo poo if you like that. "there's something for everyone".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I like when the wrestling mans do crazy flip stuff and smash into each other real hard, and AEW provides a lot of that, I highly recommend

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

yea ok posted:

if you've fallen off of watching wrestling but think why not try again or for whatever reason the funny poo poo here has made you interested, there's a show called "aew dynamite" and a pay per view that you can illegally stream called "aew double or nothing".

they take place tonight really late, and sunday at like 7pm eastern.

it's my favorite promotion at the moment, and tonight's show is probably going to be exciting with lots of stuff building to the PPV on sunday. it's on after basketball on TNT, you can also illegally stream it if you want.

if i had to describe it to people who havent watched it before, it's like a legit mix of the fun poo poo of the 90s that takes itself seriously enough to get invested in, but it's able to laugh at itself too. Plus a lot of really athletic crazy poo poo in the matches.

a big reason I like it more than anything else today is that the matches provide an actual variety in style, pace, intensity, etc. a big complaint of wwe is that every match is basically the exact same format, over & over, nothing different except maybe a giant fat guy will crash through the guard rail. on an episode of aew dynamite (normally on wednesday) you'll probably see a match that's like your average wwe raw match, but also a match with a lot of flips and kicks, and then even some southern poo poo if you like that. "there's something for everyone".

Cool, I will watch illegally tonight, I haven’t watched much aew but I like what I saw

strong bird
May 12, 2009

i havent wanted wwe for over a year now and only watch aew and its epic op :cheersdoge: :cheers:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

double or nothing is this weekend I think? I don’t remember Saturday maybe?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Oh you don't want to watch AEW? No problem.

https://twitter.com/RealJakeHager/status/1398298939196067846

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hook

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Skeezy posted:

double or nothing is this weekend I think? I don’t remember Saturday maybe?

Sunday

they usually do PPVs on Saturday, but since Monday is a holiday in the US, this one is Sunday instead

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Oh and I forgot AEW was on tonight too lol perfect day

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
the ppv is called double or nothing because the cody match is a fight for americas independence for the second time

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

StarkRavingMad posted:

I like when the wrestling mans do crazy flip stuff and smash into each other real hard, and AEW provides a lot of that, I highly recommend

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Can’t wait till full crowds come back. The last show I went to was bash at the beach.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Skeezy posted:

Can’t wait till full crowds come back. The last show I went to was bash at the beach.

good news. this sunday at aew double or nothing, they are running at full capacity. a bunch of the wrestlers already been talking about how sick it's going to be to hear an actual crowd again. i can't imagine how loud it'll be

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

yea ok posted:

good news. this sunday at aew double or nothing, they are running at full capacity. a bunch of the wrestlers already been talking about how sick it's going to be to hear an actual crowd again. i can't imagine how loud it'll be

It’s gonna be insane. Can’t wait to watch this (illegally)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

wow rude you could just tell them to watch DDT instead and be polite

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

aew is the good poo poo. it reminds me of when wrestling was good. i mean it is good now. with them. it was different company that was good back then. whatever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm sleepy but going to try to stay up for the illegal watch party starting in seven hours and ending in 55 hours

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I'm watching legally but I promise to commit at least 1 or 2 crimes during the course of the show

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

They putting the belt on Hook Sunday?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

herculon posted:

They putting the belt on Hook Sunday?

Hook is too cool for belts

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i can’t watch live tonight (hockey) this time of the year is just Too Much Good TV

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

AEW is fun and I like to watch it. I like the big meaty men and the smaller bouncy men. I also like the women.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will be at another wrestling show in person watching an old friend of mine wrestle jazz but ill be imagining aew wrestlers in all the other matches

just another friday

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looking forward to your post of jazz in that other thread

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
it's jazz all the way down

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

why do people listen to Cody about tattoos

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Ya good?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only crime I will commit is a food crime when I eat my microwave burger

strong bird
May 12, 2009

i love to hear the battle cry

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

aew slaps, it’s gotten me back into wrestling again

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i can’t wait to watch aew dynamite tonight

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I’m watching the PPV approx 40% legally on Sunday.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hook needs a segment every week called Hooks looks where he updates everyone on what he’s wearing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hook

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

hope my favorite wrestler darby allin is on tonight

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

WWE's Nick Khan: The wrestling business shouldn't cater to the company with 10 people in it. No relevance lol 15 people viewing.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1398434531024281605

gently caress off.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tje battle is on

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

fuckin TEN O CLOCK jfc im trying to get newbies interested in AEW and the cool new forum here

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It’s so weird and cool to see a real crowd