Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Traditional Games be a Top Level Forum?
This poll is closed.
Yes. It would benefit the place. 222 80.73%
No. Why gently caress up a good thing? 27 9.82%
No opinion. Just being a looky loo. 26 9.45%
Total: 275 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
What is actually accomplished by making TG a top-level forum right this instant?

TG isn't new or hidden away as a sub-subforum with low traffic, and I don't think SA has oodles of new people rushing to play boardgames or RPGs who are incapable of noticing this clearly-labelled subforum that's been there for years.

This isn't a vote for/against, it just doesn't seem like there's really any point to polling people about the move - if you want to do a forums reorg to make Games a category then just do that and make TG a top-level forum at the same time, otherwise it just feels like a change that doesn't matter either way.

e; vv

Tibalt posted:

I feel like it's more of an advantage for the sub forums currently under TG. I know most people don't think that being a sub sub forum matters, but I think it makes The Game Room harder to find casually.

Yeah, that's a fair point. It would be especially good if there can be separate subforums for active roleplaying/mafia/CYOA games.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

If it gets enough traffic it even opens up the opportunity to have subforums for RPGs, board games, card games (of which a Poker forum already exists and could be subordinated to TG pretty much immediately if that makes sense to the folks involved) and so on.

Splitting TG into different subforums for different types of traditional games would suck because many TG posters are into multiple types of traditional games.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Athanatos posted:

If someone can make a Forum Tag to match the others I'd appreciate it.

Do you have any idea what font was used to make the others? Seems easiest to just reuse the first frame of with "TG" as the text, which I can slap together as long as I know the font.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The three-dice one is a bit plain, I think the one with the meeple works better.