Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Traditional Games be a Top Level Forum?
This poll is closed.
Yes. It would benefit the place. 222 80.73%
No. Why gently caress up a good thing? 27 9.82%
No opinion. Just being a looky loo. 26 9.45%
Total: 275 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Games always felt like a really broad category, and could use it's own heading. If that happens, I think upgrading Traditional Games to the same level as Video Games along with all the other Games sub forums makes sense.

Plus, board games and TTRPGs are getting increasingly popular, although not on the level of video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I feel like it's more of an advantage for the sub forums currently under TG. I know most people don't think that being a sub sub forum matters, but I think it makes The Game Room harder to find casually.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Nessus posted:

I suspect that TG ended up under Games due to the infathomable pill-addled will of the former regime, possibly because "it's a subtype of games, therefore,"

Nobody had a plan for any of this poo poo. I'm sure even Jeffrey now only has plans in the sense of 'what happens if I get hit by a bus' or 'hey, maybe I should have functional backups'
Honest answer on a bit of SA lore, Traditional Games was created way back in the early 2000s and was functionally identical to the current Games Room - a place for PbP role-playing games that wouldn't clog up GBS. Mafia games and CYOA threads weren't particularly popular yet.

After miniature threads, Magic the Gathering discussion, and Mafia games were moved to Trad Games in 2007, eventually the Trad Games Discussion sub subforum (!!) was created under the Trad Games/future Game Room. In 2012 somebody noticed this and also that TG had no moderator for the last decade, so they switched it around and gave TG their first moderator since 2005.

So basically, nobody planned anything, it all evolved out of the need to banish nerds from GBS and promptly forgetting about them. Considering TG was mostly self-moderated for most of its existence, I think it's cool that Tad Games has this very unique culture that you don't see elsewhere on the internet.