Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Traditional Games be a Top Level Forum?
This poll is closed.
Yes. It would benefit the place. 222 80.73%
No. Why gently caress up a good thing? 27 9.82%
No opinion. Just being a looky loo. 26 9.45%
Total: 275 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This has come up before and not been something super important so it's been on the back burner for a while. I don't particularly think being top forum vs sub makes a big difference in the long run, but some people do, and it's your forum so lets figure it out.

When this idea was being tossed around a few years ago, there was an idea to make a Games heading so all the Games subforums could have room to breathe. If I remember right, Retro Games was born out of that initial discussion a few years ago. I don't think we are at THAT point of reorganization yet, but we can take it one step at a time.

So here I am with a poll:

Should Trad Games be a top level forum? Why?
Is it good where it is? Why?

If it moves, The Game Room moves with it and stays Trad Games sub forum.

Any questions you have about moving things or how anything would work? I dunno, just vote, ask poo poo, and discuss it here! If it's popular, I'll fight with the radium AI you have to contend with every time you touch anything on the backend of this site and get it done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tibalt posted:

Games always felt like a really broad category, and could use it's own heading. If that happens, I think upgrading Traditional Games to the same level as Video Games along with all the other Games sub forums makes sense.

Plus, board games and TTRPGs are getting increasingly popular, although not on the level of video games.

Yeah, everything under Games right now is almost big enough to be it's own top level, and it's own heading on the Main list.

At some point, all that Main listing is going to need something, but that's probably a larger community project/poll. It's basically a clusterfuck of whatever at this point. But again, I'm the kinda guy who doesn't put a lot of weight on where a forum is. Maybe that's a bad way of thinking.

But for now, if this is wanted enough, it will just be a Trad Games (and by extension The Game Room) move.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Plutonis posted:

Also we have a 82% lead on yes, 8% on no and 10% on whatever so might as well just formalize it and close the poll.

Yeah, seems fine, but I'm going to let it run for more than a few hours. It's a long weekend, it can stay as is for a while.

I mean, I dont think there will be 80% turn around here. Pretty easy decision, but gently caress it, let it ride for a bit.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Plutonis posted:

wheres the mods, the poll is over!

If you try to do back end stuff on weekends or holidays the ghost of radium he left in the code deletes the database and that's frowned upon I guess?

I'll have it done by mid-week, baring any emergency bullshit I'll let you know about.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
It's done.

I put it right below Ask/Tell, but thanks to how it works, it may take some time to move up the list. (Seriously you cant just slot it where you want it, you have to play the 'click one at a time' game)

If someone can make a Forum Tag to match the others I'd appreciate it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Lemon-Lime posted:

Do you have any idea what font was used to make the others?

Not a clue.

Tag requirements are that it looks the same as the others or a little bird sends me angry messages and fixes it anyway.

So...Copy what the other ones look like but changing the one square to a dice would probably be fine.

It has to be .gif format...but not animated.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Testing what this looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I added the default one that fits with the rest for now to cover the blank spot.