Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

Like if you ran against a candidate trump, what could you even do, he IS your party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

tenderjerk posted:

If biden is still alive in 2023 he will run again and the dnc will not try to stop him

they'll encourage him because it doesn't matter if they win or lose the consultants get paid

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

grieving for Gandalf posted:

this isn't the thread for that. correct your course
no, I agree. DeSantis is definitely one of those candidates that is talked about now and won't be important later, like Corey Booker or how Kamala Harris should have been

This is in fact the thread for discussion of Trump in a political context, as sanctioned by our occupying overseers. I am not aware of any mandate for strictly accurate spelling.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the funniest outcome would be trump stringing the gop along till like mid january then just saying "you know what I don't really want to do this" then dropping out

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

tenderjerk posted:

Like if you ran against a candidate trump, what could you even do, he IS your party

No one with any chance at all will run against him. Some "moderate" might try and they will be shouted down within a week.

If trump runs hes the nominee. Everyone else is petrified of him turning his angry posting powers at them.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Honestly it will be interesting to see where Trump's brain is on the mush scale, because a few years from now I'd imagine he won't improve and could be a bigger mess than Jeb!

Not saying he won't be a force, but when an often incomprehensible dude becomes completely incomprehensible, it will be amazing to watch how the GOP circles the wagons around their beautiful big baby boy

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

If biden is still alive in 2023 he will run again and the dnc will not try to stop him

Biden already said that he is planning on running in ‘24

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

the funniest outcome would be trump stringing the gop along till like mid january then just saying "you know what I don't really want to do this" then dropping out

They didn't do enough to defend him as president, it's within his rights!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

tenderjerk posted:

it's this

they'll get steamrollered if clintons anywhere near the ticket for sure

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

This is in fact the thread for discussion of Trump in a political context, as sanctioned by our occupying overseers. I am not aware of any mandate for strictly accurate spelling.

you risk your life for what you believe.... I respect that. be careful

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

they'll encourage him because it doesn't matter if they win or lose the consultants get paid
true, but he could also be dead

i love how absolutely dogshit all the dnc consultants are. i've got this set of emails from no less than three different candidates, all typed exactly the loving same

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

Wow are you saying that donaldjtrump.com/desk doesn't have the same reach as Twitter.com? I know a certain pillow monger who would disagree

let me be frank,

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Good soup! posted:

Honestly it will be interesting to see where Trump's brain is on the mush scale, because a few years from now I'd imagine he won't improve and could be a bigger mess than Jeb!

Not saying he won't be a force, but when an often incomprehensible dude becomes completely incomprehensible, it will be amazing to watch how the GOP circles the wagons around their beautiful big baby boy

His brain was already mush and he was dry humping a chair in the debate and he won

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Biden is definitely running in 2024, like we all think "old lol" but for the sort of person like him who has been among the elite since he was in his mid-20's and enjoyed the benefits of such, he's gonna live to like 105 lol. It's poor people who die young, not Senators

His relative position is up to Manchin and Sinema and, more aptly, his willingness to allow it to be left up to them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xaris posted:

i love how absolutely dogshit all the dnc consultants are. i've got this set of emails from no less than three different candidates, all typed exactly the loving same

the extremely disturbing part of this is that they write these emails in that way because it's effective

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

wow it's like you copied my own spam folder lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

LegoMan posted:

His brain was already mush and he was dry humping a chair in the debate and he won

Hence why it will be amazing to see how deep he goes into the abyss

Maybe he'll hump the moderator and blame it on his opponent and still win

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

They didn't do enough to defend him as president, it's within his rights!

People gave me those 500 million out of the kindness of the love for trump. I never- I never said it was a campaign donation.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

the extremely disturbing part of this is that they write these emails in that way because it's effective

See I'm not convinced it's actually effective, other than just a bunch of dipshit DC elite or brooklynites high-fiving each other like advertising marketing engineer types; or rather like "digital advertising" in general. its "effective" because they don't do anything else, and also they get paid a lot of money to say it's effective

if it was actual effective, they would have won

Like who the gently caress is excited for emails at 3am going "[s k u l l . gif] hi, ASL? how are u? we're LOSING BADLy send HLP SOS". i know one thing that isn't effective about getting money out of my wallet, and that is being extreme sad loser cringe energy

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
a biden-trump rematch in 2024 would be wild

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xaris posted:

See I'm not convinced it's actually effective, other than just a bunch of dipshit DC elite or brooklynites high-fiving each other like advertising marketing engineer types; or rather like "digital advertising" in general.

given all these emails have links containing tracking data it would be trivial to do A/B testing and see which type of email tone get the most clicks/donations

even if they couldn't do something that basic, if the depressing hysterical meltdown bylines weren't effective they'd see donations drop off as that's the only type of email they ever send

Xaris posted:

Like who the gently caress is excited for emails at 3am going "[s k u l l . gif] hi, ASL? how are u? we're LOSING BADLy send HLP SOS". i know one thing that isn't effective about getting money out of my wallet, and that is being extreme sad loser cringe energy

I completely agree and it's why I instantly unsubscribe and send nasty messages as an unsubscribe reason every time I get one of these emails, it's like nails on a board to me

Xaris posted:

if it was actual effective, they would have won

stop editing new stuff into your post!!! high donations do not necessarily by itself lead to "winning"

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Red Baron posted:

how is geatz still afloat

it’s like how wile e coyote doesn’t start falling until he looks down

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
is this the new trump thread?

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Sir Tonk posted:

let me be frank,

Is it time for hot dog news?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!

Sir Tonk posted:

Yeah and we say 'trump' in this house

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

absolutely not, we are discussing general politics as it relates to the GOP and thus the US generally, for which at the moment there are only two seriously announced figures to discuss outside of the obvious incumbents to be expected on the other side

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
this lady is going to be a GOP representative one day

https://twitter.com/thetnholler/status/1398430692376289281

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You are also free to discuss third party candidates but I will think less of you for being dumb enough to be an electoralist and still cast your lot with hopeless losers

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

absolutely not, we are discussing general politics as it relates to the GOP and thus the US generally, for which at the moment there are only two seriously announced figures to discuss outside of the obvious incumbents to be expected on the other side

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The dead man we bought our house from seven years ago still gets ~10 direct mail hits a week. He gave exactly $200 in FEC searchable donations this century but will live forever on some ghouls list.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

You are also free to discuss third party candidates but I will think less of you for being dumb enough to be an electoralist and still cast your lot with hopeless losers

don’t blame me, I voted for howie!

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

Jokes on you losers JFK Jr is going all the way to the tippy top.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

The dead man we bought our house from seven years ago still gets ~10 direct mail hits a week. He gave exactly $200 in FEC searchable donations this century but will live forever on some ghouls list.

I one time gave to a split that Bernie asked me to donate to and now I will never know peace again

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Good soup! posted:

Hence why it will be amazing to see how deep he goes into the abyss

Maybe he'll hump the moderator and blame it on his opponent and still win

Trump running is really the networks dream at this point. They will make so much money coverage what he says that I'm kind of appalled at myself for not just being certain at this point that he will run.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!

TheMightyBoops posted:

Is jfk jr still that hobo that's like a foot shorter than he should be or did they get a new jfk jr

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

TheMightyBoops posted:

How old is JFK senior now? Maybe he'll come out of hiding. *Edit* I guess he would be 104, so hopefully he's been mainlining adrenochrome.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it's gonna be MTG and it's clear as day to me IMO unless republican leadership get sick of her and try to shiv her (and that might not even work either)

she's Trump++ and isn't even a white man either. She has zero shame and isn't she leading everyone in campaign donations by like some ridiculously huge amount?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

tenderjerk posted:

Is jfk jr still that hobo that's like a foot shorter than he should be or did they get a new jfk jr

I’m thinking of Vincent Fusca.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it will be Trump op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Actually now that I consider it, have any of the perennial losers like Jeb! or Romney or Huntsman said they'd even consider it? I assumed not since the "uhhh we are reasonable conservatives folks" all still vote hiw the lunatics order them to