Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I genuinely want them to interrupt Joe or Kamala giving a numbingly boring, vapid speech to just go LIVE to Trumps empty podium waiting for his arrival. They did this Shillery so many times it owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Raccooon posted:

Hasn’t ratings for news companies dropped a ton since Biden took office?

The allure of the Trump ratings probably means he could easily be allowed to have constant coverage again.

oh they absolutely would do the same wall to wall coverage again, no question. my assertion is that trump not only needs that, he can't really be his authentic political self without it, and it's an open question how long he'll be able to maintain

he is already much more puddingbrained than he was in 2015-2016, and while i wouldn't bet against him, he rather famously doesn't exercise and eats like crap. he's at the age where a serious health crisis is not so much an if but a when

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
being puddingbrained didnt stop biden from running + winning

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Azathoth posted:

oh they absolutely would do the same wall to wall coverage again, no question. my assertion is that trump not only needs that, he can't really be his authentic political self without it, and it's an open question how long he'll be able to maintain

he is already much more puddingbrained than he was in 2015-2016, and while i wouldn't bet against him, he rather famously doesn't exercise and eats like crap. he's at the age where a serious health crisis is not so much an if but a when

He is rich. He will be fine. The same is true of Biden.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I think with Trump you also need to factor in diminishing returns. Like the chuds are all for him, but he lost 2020 because everyone else was sick of his poo poo. After having lost, and things calming down and returning to normal-ish under Biden, Trump is not going to have the fervor of 2016 behind him nor the incumbency advantage of 2020. He’ll have loser stink. And he is the candidate who would most mobilize those “I just don’t want to have to think about politics anymore” voters to turn out again because the idea of having Trump back would be too much to bear.

Meanwhile with a DeSantis those voters might not care to turn out cause he seems something akin to a stable adult on the outside, or hell they might just vote for him.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i could maybe see trump losing to another empty dem like harris because he is an incredibly useful, traumatic boogeyman. it'll be the most important election all over again.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i could maybe see trump losing to another empty dem like harris because he is an incredibly useful, traumatic boogeyman. it'll be the most important election all over again.

Harris has the negative charisma of Clinton without the full force of the party apparatus shoving her down voters throats. Harris will get obliterated and the party will learn nothing from it because they will pay a bunch of people to tell them it was because she was black and a woman and not because she's an opportunist with bad political instincts

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

Harris has the negative charisma of Clinton without the full force of the party apparatus shoving her down voters throats. Harris will get obliterated and the party will learn nothing from it because they will pay a bunch of people to tell them it was because she was black and a woman and not because she's an opportunist with bad political instincts

on the other hand she doesn’t have the same baggage as Clinton so if it’s Trump people might be incensed enough to stop him. she’d lose to any other Republican tho without a doubt

I mean in reality Biden’s the only Dem right now capable of winning barring someone coming out of nowhere in the next year or two

TrixRabbi has issued a correction as of 03:11 on Jul 13, 2021

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TrixRabbi posted:

I think with Trump you also need to factor in diminishing returns. Like the chuds are all for him, but he lost 2020 because everyone else was sick of his poo poo. After having lost, and things calming down and returning to normal-ish under Biden, Trump is not going to have the fervor of 2016 behind him nor the incumbency advantage of 2020. He’ll have loser stink. And he is the candidate who would most mobilize those “I just don’t want to have to think about politics anymore” voters to turn out again because the idea of having Trump back would be too much to bear.

Meanwhile with a DeSantis those voters might not care to turn out cause he seems something akin to a stable adult on the outside, or hell they might just vote for him.

the smart republicans know that a trump vs biden rematch would absolutely be another trump loss for those reasons which is why they're being very up front about the fact that they're going to steal the 2024 election

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

they should steal it. Biden is a disaster.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

the smart republicans know that a trump vs biden rematch would absolutely be another trump loss for those reasons which is why they're being very up front about the fact that they're going to steal the 2024 election

yuupp

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TrixRabbi posted:

on the other hand she doesn’t have the same baggage as Clinton so if it’s Trump people might be incensed enough to stop him. she’d lose to any other Republican tho without a doubt

I mean in reality Biden’s the only Dem right now capable of winning barring someone coming out of nowhere in the next year or two

harris doesn't have hillary's 30 years of baggage but she's a much better target for an obama-style whisper campaign of her being a communist sharia law manchurian candidate with none of obama's ability to fight against it by looking like a guy who could be the president on a tv show

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

they’d go after Kamalas family and easily paint them as out of touch elites. They are.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

TrixRabbi posted:

she’d lose to any other Republican tho without a doubt

100%

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Shear Modulus posted:

harris doesn't have hillary's 30 years of baggage but she's a much better target for an obama-style whisper campaign of her being a communist sharia law manchurian candidate with none of obama's ability to fight against it by looking like a guy who could be the president on a tv show

it really does seem almost impossible to replicate how terrible Hilary was/is and how primed everyone was to receive that message and actively oppose her.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

In fairness, pretty sure the Dems are well aware that Kamala is useless.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

TrixRabbi posted:

in fairness, that's never stopped the Dems before

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

UFOTacoMan posted:

it really does seem almost impossible to replicate how terrible Hilary was/is and how primed everyone was to receive that message and actively oppose her.

they've been working that angle since the 70s

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
bidens not that old and i bet he listens to his doctors. i guess you never know about a stroke or whatever but i dont see kamala running in 2024 right now

maybe not even on the ticket

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TrixRabbi posted:

Business Gorillas posted:

in fairness, that's never stopped the Dems before

she did worse than Jeb! and instead of her becoming a national laughingstock they made her vp

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

bleeding kansas posted:

bidens not that old and i bet he listens to his doctors. i guess you never know about a stroke or whatever but i dont see kamala running in 2024 right now

maybe not even on the ticket

tbh i can't think a more fitting fate for the khive than to have kamala unceremoniously booted off the 2024 ticket because biden says she's too "loud" or something, only to fade away into obscurity

edit:

cumshitter posted:

like whats even the worst case scenario for kamala? she gets a partnership at a law firm and they pay her seven figures a year to make phone calls to people on her rolodex?

i think for her psyche, having to put up with joe biden thinking you're a maid for 4 years only to find out you're not gonna be president

Business Gorillas has issued a correction as of 04:41 on Jul 13, 2021

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
like whats even the worst case scenario for kamala? she gets a partnership at a law firm and they pay her seven figures a year to make phone calls to people on her rolodex?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

Whatever Eric Holder's doing these days, probably.

Something sociopathic, I'm sure.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

TrixRabbi posted:

Its really lolworthy that the discourse around her is basically "yes she is completely useless, but she is going to be president no matter what you think"

Its just her turn I guess

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Zeroisanumber posted:

Whatever Eric Holder's doing these days, probably.

Something sociopathic, I'm sure.

linkedin says hes a senior partner at some law firm. also hes one of those 40+ dudes whose dads are deffo dead or retired but he still keeps the Jr. in his name. which is lame, like roger stone is 67 or something now and he still goes by jr as if anyone is gonna confuse him with his corpse dad.

like i could legit put a III in my name if i wanted to but that poo poo is lame as gently caress and nobody cares and it makes it look like you were running out of things to fill out your business card

honestly i dont get the drive of these politicians. if i could serve several years in congress and then gently caress off to the private sector and earn enough to retire within 5 years id take it in a heartbeat. kamala, like, wants to be america's cool teacher who gives them fun homework or some poo poo and also gives a big 20 minute speach on the last day of class before summer that nobody pays attention to

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

she did worse than Jeb! and instead of her becoming a national laughingstock they made her vp

right. the most useless position in Washington

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TrixRabbi posted:

right. the most useless position in Washington

If the dnc wasn't run by complete morons I could see shoving her in the VP slot being deliberate

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Mustached Demon posted:

If the dnc wasn't run by complete morons I could see shoving her in the VP slot being deliberate

I am sure it was deliberate, it was the DNC's attempt to mediate between the Obama and Clinton camps because the latter was pissed that nobody wanted to consolidate behind any of their neo-Hillaries

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

She lucked into the role because it turns out The Klobb protected the cop who shot George Floyd another time when he shot and killed a black man

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Kamela is so bad that if Biden actually did limit himself to one term (lol), I can see Kamela needing to fight through contested primaries and managing to lose.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

Kamela is so bad that if Biden actually did limit himself to one term (lol), I can see Kamela needing to fight through contested primaries and managing to lose.

the dems would 100% rig it for her. she's the heir apparent and they aren't going to let the voters mess that up

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

the dems would 100% rig it for her

it would make 2016 look like a fair and balanced primary tbh

just non-stop questions of "why do you hate America and want to kick puppies????"

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

the dems would 100% rig it for her. she's the heir apparent and they aren't going to let the voters mess that up

same as it ever was lol

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

it would be funny to watch them try. if how things have gone for her so far is any indication, she's not gonna be the heir apparent. at this rate, she'll be lucky to be a serious candidate by the time Biden is done

she's hillary but somehow with even less charisma, way smaller of a cult of personality, and even worse political instincts. and she's so new to major politics, she doesn't even have a patronage network like the clintons to fall back on

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
kamala running would be the worst idea, which is why the dems are gonna do it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

oh she's definitely running, i just think she's gonna get shivved by a half dozen other establishment psychos and because she's so bad at politics, it'll sink her even with a bunch of help from obamaworld

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

the only way kamala runs is if joe dies and they're gonna do whatever they can to keep joe technically "alive" so i expect 2024 will be biden v trump again and biden would probably win it if the election was right now but who knows what will change by 2024

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

in 2020 harris was the choice of the clintons' backers while obama's guys were more split between buttigieg and deval patrick until obama himself directed the consolidation behind biden

the only big dem that i can think of that i think would feel confident enough to go up against her is buttigieg because he's even more of a psychopath then she is and has genuine support from his mckinsey/wall street/intelligence fellow travelers. by that i mean his career wouldn't be over if he fell out of favor with obama and the clintons and the other party bosses. look at what happened to the last couple presidential candidates who tried too hard to win without being a favorite of some big party faction: martin omalley and julian castro both had their careers taken out back and shot.

gavin newsom has been positioning himself to run for president for years but his big donors are the same as harris's.

maybe andrew cuomo would do it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

also lol that the 2024 republican primary is so already over that it's pointless talking about it anymore in the thread for it and the more relevant thing is the 2028 dem primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Shear Modulus posted:

also lol that the 2024 republican primary is so already over that it's pointless talking about it anymore in the thread for it and the more relevant thing is the 2028 dem primary

lmao
trump