Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

maybe andrew cuomo would do it

u can save money by pulling those "cuomosexual" shirts out of retirement and slapping a year on the bottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Shear Modulus posted:

also lol that the 2024 republican primary is so already over that it's pointless talking about it anymore in the thread for it and the more relevant thing is the 2028 dem primary

To be fair a lot could change in a couple years and while the party still worships Trump I can still see one blood eyed sociopath taking a swing at The King if they smell blood (like Cruz or DeSantis if this Cuba thing works out in his favor)

Also there is going to be a token establishment Jeb! type that will run against him that will get utterly destroyed but will give us a good few weeks of content

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

To be fair a lot could change in a couple years and while the party still worships Trump I can still see one blood eyed sociopath taking a swing at The King if they smell blood (like Cruz or DeSantis if this Cuba thing works out in his favor)

Also there is going to be a token establishment Jeb! type that will run against him that will get utterly destroyed but will give us a good few weeks of content

I hope they bring back Jeb! as the establishment man.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

bedpan posted:

Nah it's Ron DeSantis now

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

bedpan posted:

i thought the Bushes had moved on to promoting George P Bush now.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

also lol that the 2024 republican primary is so already over that it's pointless talking about it anymore in the thread for it and the more relevant thing is the 2028 dem primary

i wouldn't call it over and it's absolutely worth all the not-trumps trying to position themselves cause trump easily drop dead between now and the iowa caucus, or decide he'd rather spend 2023 and 24 grifting full time then run for president

but if he actually did declare then it's game over

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

The Nastier Nate posted:

i wouldn't call it over and it's absolutely worth all the not-trumps trying to position themselves cause trump easily drop dead between now and the iowa caucus, or decide he'd rather spend 2023 and 24 grifting full time then run for president

but if he actually did declare then it's game over

I mean look at what happened to Bobby Kennedy?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

UFOTacoMan posted:

I mean look at what happened to Bobby Kennedy?

ah the old hillary line

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hillary 2024 posted:

i thought the Bushes had moved on to promoting George P Bush now.

George P is a diehard Trumper now

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

George P is a diehard Trumper now

it's impossible to have any future in republican politics if you aren't

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

there is still the wishy-washy "sensible" republicans like dewine!

You thought kashich was boring? wait till you get a load of Mike 2024!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

there is still the wishy-washy "sensible" republicans like dewine!

You thought kashich was boring? wait till you get a load of Mike 2024!

Wow! President less-charismatic Kasich!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

he killed the Republican Party but it's happening over 10-15 years

this is not a good thing

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bleeding kansas posted:

bidens not that old and i bet he listens to his doctors. i guess you never know about a stroke or whatever but i dont see kamala running in 2024 right now

maybe not even on the ticket

Since when is 78 years "not that old", Jesus Christ.

Just because American politicians are all ancient doesn't mean 78 is suddenly young.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
he could live another 20 years

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, and at some point you end up being Feinstein, barely aware of anything.

But yeah, he's running again.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019
kamala stans out in force, but im afraid shes gonna have to wait her turn

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

the thing for Trump is he’s gotta stay hot for the next three years and it’s impossible to predict what will happen in that time. like poo poo Biden’s barely been president for six months and Trump’s already starting to have trouble filling stadiums the way he used to. the national mood is going to shift especially with Covid winding down, and who knows by 2023 they could be on to something else. Trump’s only getting more haggard by the day.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Trump wasn't able to fill stadiums before the election, either. His events were looking pretty sparse.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Right. and then he lost. I dunno, I’m just wondering at what point do people get bored with him?

and I’m not talking about his cult, there will be diehards for the next 50 years, but they’re not enough to carry an election.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TrixRabbi posted:

the thing for Trump is he’s gotta stay hot for the next three years and it’s impossible to predict what will happen in that time. like poo poo Biden’s barely been president for six months and Trump’s already starting to have trouble filling stadiums the way he used to. the national mood is going to shift especially with Covid winding down, and who knows by 2023 they could be on to something else. Trump’s only getting more haggard by the day.

Even Kamala could beat the boring rear end trump we have right now.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

TrixRabbi posted:

the thing for Trump is he’s gotta stay hot for the next three years and it’s impossible to predict what will happen in that time. like poo poo Biden’s barely been president for six months and Trump’s already starting to have trouble filling stadiums the way he used to.

Is this a bad thing for Trump or for Biden? Cause the way Republicans get into higher office is by pointing out the myriad fuckups by Democrats, both real and imagined, and getting enough people to think "huh, I voted these guys into power because they lied about giving me health insurance again, guess I'll vote for the other guys"

Give Biden a few more years to fully piss off/demoralize everyone and the race probably gets a lot tighter, whether it's against Trump's propped-up corpse or not.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

tinstaach posted:

"huh, I voted these guys into power because they lied about giving me health insurance again, guess I'll vote for the other guys"

this is the part that i don't think happens. the number of actually persuadable voters in a biden/trump rematch is going to be vanishingly small

the real question is how many voters stay home and i think trump scares more random liberalish people into voting than he persuades chuds to turn out who wouldn't otherwise

bidens dessicated corpse against someone else is more interesting, in that i think it's harder to persuade turnout against anyone other than trump

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

trumps gonna run and win. close, gas, and ban

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

tinstaach posted:

“huh, I voted these guys into power because they lied about giving me health insurance again, guess I'll vote for the other guys"

I mean that’s what just happened with Trump and I feel like a lot of people just wanted Not Trump. Biden never promised big poo poo his promise was that government would be boring and in the background again.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Fame Douglas posted:

Trump wasn't able to fill stadiums before the election, either. His events were looking pretty sparse.

a significant amount of chuds who would have jumped at the oppurtunity to see trump ramble on for an hour about Oprah or Rosie O Donnell weren’t stupid enough to go to a crowded stadium to see him pre-Covid vaccine

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Azathoth posted:

this is the part that i don't think happens. the number of actually persuadable voters in a biden/trump rematch is going to be vanishingly small

the real question is how many voters stay home and i think trump scares more random liberalish people into voting than he persuades chuds to turn out who wouldn't otherwise

bidens dessicated corpse against someone else is more interesting, in that i think it's harder to persuade turnout against anyone other than trump

The red states are taking their electoral fuckery to the next level though.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

StratGoatCom posted:

The red states are taking their electoral fuckery to the next level though.

since the electoral college is still a thing, please tell me how this affects the presidential election. unless ive missed something, georgia is the only one im aware of that has passed anything major, and if biden is relying on georgia to win, he's pretty well hosed overall

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

since the electoral college is still a thing, please tell me how this affects the presidential election. unless ive missed something, georgia is the only one im aware of that has passed anything major, and if biden is relying on georgia to win, he's pretty well hosed overall

Closing voting locations, moving voting locations to inconvenient places, only a single drop box for millions of voters, restricting voting by mail. There's a reason Texas Republicans were proud of closing the most polling locations in the nation.

Making voting harder in specific locations can influence the result significantly.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fame Douglas posted:

Closing voting locations, moving voting locations to inconvenient places, only a single drop box for millions of voters, restricting voting by mail. There's a reason Texas Republicans were proud of closing the most polling locations in the nation.

Making voting harder in specific locations can influence the result significantly.

Helps you win the house, too, since there's lots of blue districts in red states. The presidential outcome isn't the only one they are trying to gently caress with.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fame Douglas posted:

Yes, obviously. The point is that Texas passing voter restrictions has zero bearing on whether Biden wins, because he's not carrying Texas and it doesn't matter if he loses by one vote or a million there. All those electoral college votes go to whoever wins.

It definitely fucks with the House and possibly the Senate, but again, the only state that Biden won that I'm aware of doing big voter restrictions is Georgia. And again, if Biden needs Georgia to win, he's already lost the upper Midwest, so it doesn't have a lot of bearing on his actual chances of victory.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they'll do something in arizona too.

i think the governorships of pennsylvania and wisconsin are up for election in 2022 and if the republicans win either of those they'll do some fuckery

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Kamala vs. MTG. Narrow electoral college victory for MTG, Kamala wins popular vote.

You all know this to be true.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I guess I'm in the minority here but it's definitely gonna be Biden. Dude's golden years have all been with the most comprehensive healthcare in the world at his fingertips, 80 to that sort of person is like 50 to anybody else. Even if that weren't true, we aren't exactly in the sort of system that is going to tolerate an older person standing aside for a younger one to take power. That's not how gerontocracies work.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

they'll do something in arizona too.

i think the governorships of pennsylvania and wisconsin are up for election in 2022 and if the republicans win either of those they'll do some fuckery

If they can win either of those statewide races, I'll change my tune but I remain skeptical for the time being.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Epic High Five posted:

I guess I'm in the minority here but it's definitely gonna be Biden. Dude's golden years have all been with the most comprehensive healthcare in the world at his fingertips, 80 to that sort of person is like 50 to anybody else. Even if that weren't true, we aren't exactly in the sort of system that is going to tolerate an older person standing aside for a younger one to take power. That's not how gerontocracies work.

His brain is already melting though, and he's had vascular issues before. There's a not bad chance he'll just keel over one day.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

StratGoatCom posted:

His brain is already melting though, and he's had vascular issues before. There's a not bad chance he'll just keel over one day.

I mean even if this is true so what? He isnt gonna keel over with the healthcare he is getting. Do you think america would balk at the prospect of a gibbering ancient monarch and not just quietly accept it because every single system from the ground up is designed to facilitate exactly that?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Epic High Five posted:

I mean even if this is true so what? He isnt gonna keel over with the healthcare he is getting. Do you think america would balk at the prospect of a gibbering ancient monarch and not just quietly accept it because every single system from the ground up is designed to facilitate exactly that?

this isn't even a hypothetical because we know exactly what happened during Reagan's second term

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And it's not like Trump was capable of giving any kind of coherent speech, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Fame Douglas posted:

And it's not like Trump was capable of giving any kind of coherent speech, either.

I think a lot about the Chapo take that america is dying and our choice is between what kind of grandpa we'll be in the nursing home. Trump is the one screaming at the void making everyone's life hell, while Biden is the grandpa who just wants to nod off into entropy and doesn't want to make a mess as death grasps them