Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

TheMightyBoops posted:

Jokes on you losers JFK Jr is going all the way to the tippy top.

I can’t wait for the American False Dmitry, assassinated for being insufficiently JFK Jr-esque

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Xaris posted:

See I'm not convinced it's actually effective, other than just a bunch of dipshit DC elite or brooklynites high-fiving each other like advertising marketing engineer types; or rather like "digital advertising" in general. its "effective" because they don't do anything else, and also they get paid a lot of money to say it's effective

if it was actual effective, they would have won

Like who the gently caress is excited for emails at 3am going "[s k u l l . gif] hi, ASL? how are u? we're LOSING BADLy send HLP SOS". i know one thing that isn't effective about getting money out of my wallet, and that is being extreme sad loser cringe energy

if you dig around the fec records enough you'll see a lot of people who just give dozens of small donations all to the same campaign (mostly TURNMP) many multiple times a day so it does work on some people

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

neutral milf hotel posted:

this lady is going to be a GOP representative one day

https://twitter.com/thetnholler/status/1398430692376289281

ummm that could literally be any kind of star

like a sheriff star or just a normal star

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's gonna be MTG and it's clear as day to me IMO unless republican leadership get sick of her and try to shiv her (and that might not even work either)

she's Trump++ and isn't even a white man either. She has zero shame and isn't she leading everyone in campaign donations by like some ridiculously huge amount?

we joked about it with trump but if MTG wins 2024 we really are all gonna die

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

if you dig around the fec records enough you'll see a lot of people who just give dozens of small donations all to the same campaign (mostly TURNMP) many multiple times a day so it does work on some people

This is a party whose members *even after they were told they were being swindled* said they would still donate to that fake wall gofundme

People will empty their coffers and suffer economic detriment just to own the libs, it gives them a sense of agency in their lives

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Half the people she wants to sell the stars to are going to be screaming anti-Semitic slurs at her way before they get close enough to read them.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Cotton / MTG ticket and cotton has a coronary on day 2

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The Rock will win the nomination and presidency

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
someone please explain to me the jfk Jr thing

bc I don't get it

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

Cotton is like Cruz, will be a perpetual bridesmaid

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

given all these emails have links containing tracking data it would be trivial to do A/B testing and see which type of email tone get the most clicks/donations

stop editing new stuff into your post!!! high donations do not necessarily by itself lead to "winning"

okay fair enough if i guess the metric here is effective at fleecing npr boomers out of money. given boomers are the only ones with money, it makes sense.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!

bc I don't get it

The United States has a mental health crisis

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

at some point, he'll realize he has much more money to make in Hollywood instead

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Yossarian-22 posted:

The Rock seems a little ethnic for a GOP nomination. Even though he's a republican I think he has a better shot running as a Dem.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

bc I don't get it

I'll explain it another time, it's far too convulated and stupid to try to put into words easily. Michael S Judge on Death is Just Around the Corner podcast has talked about, as has Trueanon with their recent JFK episodes

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

bc I don't get it

Q believes he's still alive

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

grieving for Gandalf posted:

at some point, he'll realize he has much more money to make in Hollywood instead

He'll be set for life on playing the role of president in movies though.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 387 days!

Substandard posted:

The Rock seems a little ethnic for a GOP nomination. Even though he's a republican I think he has a better shot running as a Dem.

They won't, but dems will have to trumpify their party one day with a celeb candidate

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

cotton’s got a big-time weirdo loser nerd vibe to actually win the primary.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Rock is insufficiently pure despite his other qualifications, same as Arnie now

If he was gonna run as anything it would be as a Dem, same as Kasich and Haley

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

dads friend steve posted:

definitely feels like cotton and hawley are both gonna think they're entitled to the mantle of trump's heir, and then die with their hands round each other's throats trying to claim the crown while someone else runs away with it

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

tenderjerk posted:

They won't, but dems will have to trumpify their party one day with a celeb candidate

the seth rogen presidency is coming

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Soup du Jour posted:

the seth rogen presidency is coming

hell yes. seth rogan/zack snyder ticket

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Please do not make me decide who is the dumbest between Cotton and Hawley, ancient sages of infinite wisdom are still entirely perplexed by the question

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

LegoMan posted:

he's still alive

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

I would like to see the following candidates:

Herman Cain's ghost
The lady who did the Trump lip-syncing and got a Netflix show
Guy with the cancel culture horse
Meghan McCain representing her dad

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

boebert and mtg both came to prominence at around the same time and I thought that of the two, boebert had the better shot of being the next GOP star

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

What is Michelle Bachmann up to lately

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Apraxin posted:

definitely feels like cotton and hawley are both gonna think they're entitled to the mantle of trump's heir, and then die with their hands round each other's throats trying to claim the crown while someone else runs away with it

They are both going to lose to whoever the most racist boat salesman in Florida is, because they are ivy league nerds and can't really relate to the modern party.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

agreed, like Cruz he knows what the base wants him to say but most people can viscerally sense how much he sucks

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ben Carson should not run again so that posters remain insanely likely to confuse him and Cain

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

What is Michelle Bachmann up to lately

outtrumped by trump and faded into the background

i think she tried to show up once during the donald years and then flopped

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

Ben Carson should not run again so that posters remain insanely likely to confuse him and Cain

Do you think their are some gop officials who think he’s a ghost, but don’t want to mention it because everyone else is acting normal?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Oh my god Meghan McCain running is so loving stupid, enough so that I would not be shocked if she attempted it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would vote for Meghan McCain

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cotton / MTG and Cotton is strangled in his sleep on day 2 by a mysterious woman.

radical meme has issued a correction as of 02:28 on May 29, 2021

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

I would vote for Meghan McCain

me two

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Good soup! posted:

Oh my god Meghan McCain running is so loving stupid, enough so that I would not be shocked if she attempted it

McCain/Cheney :swoon:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

boebert and mtg both came to prominence at around the same time and I thought that of the two, boebert had the better shot of being the next GOP star

Boebert seems like she'll turn out to be a Sarah Palin type, who can embrace the aesthetic and get a following, but can't really tap into the hardcore insanity that the base loves

Also stop saying GOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m glad Buddykins got some money before .. the departure

anyway i don’t think there is even going to be a primary . who would run against trump ??