Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think I was duped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

beggar posted:

OGOGO 219
RHODES 218

New stip just added, first one to 270 wins

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I really never need a "sorry if you were offended" apology ever again. Just apologize and say you were wrong, stuffing that onto the end makes it sound like bullshit.

Regardless, fire this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_-OTq0aic

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think I was duped!

my man

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It always strikes me as weird that Cody Rhodes is very much a higher-up in the company, he's a key creative voice, yet his segments feel so unlike the rest of the show. They have way more of a retro rasslin' vibe with the family drama and the heartfelt speeches about AMERICA and so on.

Like there are times when it's entertaining but it's like this weird little corner of AEW.

And yeah Dasha laughing may have been a "I don't know how I should handle this" kinda response. Glad it could be clarified that Rosa ain't having it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
he can stay after apologizing on TV and then taking a beast bomb through a table outside the ring

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oh gently caress, I forgot all about this idiot. Too many lovely people doing lovely things to keep track of!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Penguin Patrol posted:

New stip just added, first one to 270 wins

Feast or fired presented by Old Country Buffet

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh Snapple! posted:

it's my general understanding that this isnt anything remotely new to japanese wrestlers even it's is also obviously hosed up

Wanna hear where Naito got his eye taunt from?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

This one has turned into so many soundbites on local radio, it's great.

"I dont know if I'll ever wear this headset again!" is top tier poo poo, lmao

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He wasn't even on commentary

I read gud.

NVM.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I JUST STARTED AND HOLY poo poo IT'S A FULL HOUSE THE POPS ARE BACK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he can stay after he sits and watches an "el asso wipeo" mad tv skit 100 times in a row

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Rarity posted:

I JUST STARTED AND HOLY poo poo IT'S A FULL HOUSE THE POPS ARE BACK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A lot of fun poo poo in this show! Avoid the spoilers and enjoy!!!!!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MJeff posted:

Oh god I hadn't even thought about that. That makes total sense and is also infuriating.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

It always strikes me as weird that Cody Rhodes is very much a higher-up in the company, he's a key creative voice, yet his segments feel so unlike the rest of the show. They have way more of a retro rasslin' vibe with the family drama and the heartfelt speeches about AMERICA and so on.

Like there are times when it's entertaining but it's like this weird little corner of AEW.

It's because it is. Cody wants to use his TV time to play to a specific part of his own nostalgia for wrestling and what his dad did. His segments are very much a completely different flavor from the rest of the show, because he has this deep personal connection to retro rassling that I don't know if anyone on earth can match. He's burning all of his TV minutes on it while the rest of the show is about the innovativeness of the talent, stewarded by the higher ups into the format.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

It feels so different.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MJeff posted:

i mean that's exactly what i was thinking of lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what happened on commentary?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

one of the spanish commentators made racism noises after shida's segment

thats not me trying to be flippant about it i genuinely don't know how to describe it other than "racism noises"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Seams posted:

We found out JR isn't waxxed and/or vaxxed and/or a hot boi

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So how loving pissed is Tony Khan right now? This was supposed to be their huge 'fans are back and our big ppv is in two days' show and suddenly a racist commentator is going to be dominating discussion about the company this weekend.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Hell yes.

Super Shida vs Mecha Miiba (a Mii of Reba)

Super Shida vs. Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. (Doctor of Mecha Destruction)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

We found out JR isn't waxxed and/or vaxxed and/or a hot boi

It was clearly that JR was unsure on number 3, because he was deffo excited to find out.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

smarxist posted:

they should put the new cody figure as a free pack in with Britt's figure and he's like crammed in behind her in the case lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vandar posted:

So how loving pissed is Tony Khan right now? This was supposed to be their huge 'fans are back and our big ppv is in two days' show and suddenly a racist commentator is going to be dominating discussion about the company this weekend.

I feel super bad for Shida. She's wanted to cut a promo in English and when she does, some racist rear end in a top hat makes fun of her. And she's probably scheduled to drop the title. I hope she doesn't let that poo poo get to her.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Teddybear posted:

The weigh in was an absolute clunker and I’m not sure what the point was but a lot of the rest of the show was fun!

The point was that everything Cody does is POWERFULLY lame. Like, I get that the idea is to give the match a "big fight feel", but one of the two men actually is an Olympic boxer and the other is perpetually stuck in the 70's midcard.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Vandar posted:

i don't speak spanish and don't listen to the broadcast in spanish and never would have even heard of it without a ton of people on here immediately looking for blood about it, so the average aew viewer likely has no clue about any of this. in the long run the ppv is going to get all the discussion this weekend. are you loving nuts?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I feel super bad for Shida. She's wanted to cut a promo in English and when she does, some racist rear end in a top hat makes fun of her. And she's probably scheduled to drop the title. I hope she doesn't let that poo poo get to her.

Seriously it's so bad. She talked about one of her goals is to speak english in front of a crowd. And she loving killed it. Racists pricks always tainting poo poo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah. I'm sure TK is pissed, and Shida will be peeved at the dude when she hears about it tomorrow. But I really doubt this'll gain much traction outside us OnlineTM wrestling fans.

For Shida it'll be like Rosa apologizing for being in the table that mocked her out of the 4 or so announce tables that have to scramble to find a spot to sit on since they're not JR and Toney.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Roasted Donut posted:

i don't speak spanish and don't listen to the broadcast in spanish and never would have even heard of it without a ton of people on here immediately looking for blood about it, so the average aew viewer likely has no clue about any of this. in the long run the ppv is going to get all the discussion this weekend. are you loving nuts?

While most don't watch the show in Spanish, most AEW fans watch twitter and other social media and this will make news and it could very easily blow up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I personally think that Cody and Jericho both play to different but equally obvious stages of wrestling era nostalgia in a very over indulgent way. For me Cody's stuff at least harkens back to his dad and a deeper wrestling nostalgia I can appreciate, while Jericho's just kind of doing the poo poo I hated when it was being done 10 or 15 years ago. So I end up being more tolerable and event enjoying Cody stuff while I tend to tolerate or ignore Jericho's stuff. But I also see why others go the opposite way.

Although the Ogogo feud just kind of sucks.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Shard posted:

While most don't watch the show in Spanish, most AEW fans watch twitter and other social media and this will make news and it could very easily blow up.

i dont think most fans are glued to the twitter for it, honestly.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MotU posted:

i dont think most fans are glued to the twitter for it, honestly.

I honestly don't know. Just feels like these days everyone is online always so I just assume all fans under a certain age are - no matter the media.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Roasted Donut posted:

I think if no one gets fired it will cast a serious goddamn shadow on the weekend, at least for me. If it doesn't, well....they could always just ape the WWE playbook and ignore it! That probably won't backfire or anything. :shepface:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I hope the dude gets fired for being a racist piece of poo poo too, but I think it is probably counterproductive for a fan reaction to Shida's very well done promo segment to be "What a pity it was tainted by someone else, poor Shida."

Shida rocks and will continue to rock, haters and losers vacate

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
The dude should be called out and face repercussion for being racist though, that's not just wrestling fans looking for blood.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don’t know why anyone expects Khan to do anything about it but it was super loving lame and racist out of the blue and they already kind of disrespect Shida a lot. The new women’s belt looks great though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean, I doubt it's gonna ruin Shida's weekend where she has a huge match in front of a huge crowd that some nobody was racist on a hot mic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Crossing posting from the WWE thread; it's been a racist kind of night!

https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/status/1398500543539122184?s=20