Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Shida herself will be fine, but god drat there's always something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t know why anyone expects Khan to do anything about it but it was super loving lame and racist out of the blue and they already kind of disrespect Shida a lot. The new women’s belt looks great though

How do they disrespect Shida alot?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t know why anyone expects Khan to do anything about it but it was super loving lame and racist out of the blue and they already kind of disrespect Shida a lot. The new women’s belt looks great though

I expect public facing employees of companies who say racist poo poo to get publicly reprimanded or fired. Pretty low bar but I think even wrestling companies can clear it.

Anyway I doubt the guy who did the actual accent has a job on Sunday.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
That dude should be fired for being racist, but also most of the viewers (including me) did not hear that commentary live and I’m happy that Shida got a chance to shine and I’m not going to let it cast a negative pall over her segment and the upcoming exciting PPV weekend!!

And wrestle goons, I encourage you to do the same!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shard posted:

because emf reads too much wreddit

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

TV time, storylines, she’s a top 10 in the world womens wrestler and nearly none of her feuds have had stories.

I like Britt better and want her to win but it’s lame Shida has been a belt warmer on TV even though the ringwork is top tier

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Roasted Donut posted:

i don't speak spanish and don't listen to the broadcast in spanish and never would have even heard of it without a ton of people on here immediately looking for blood about it, so the average aew viewer likely has no clue about any of this. in the long run the ppv is going to get all the discussion this weekend. are you loving nuts?

I'm already seeing it over social media and the anti-AEW brigade is going to make sure to spread this around. Bix has been rapid-fire tweeting about it too so there's going to be eyes on it.

You know how the internet works. This poo poo is going to spread and be a black mark over the weekend.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

If he does get fired, I also doubt they make a public statement about it and call even more attention to it, he just won’t be on DoN and Sapp will report that he was canned sometime next week.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Eat My Fuc posted:

TV time, storylines, she’s a top 10 in the world womens wrestler and nearly none of her feuds have had stories.

I like Britt better and want her to win but it’s lame Shida has been a belt warmer on TV even though the ringwork is top tier

the entire rear end women's championship tournament was a storyline that was booked by shida herself

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

Not really booking her for most of her tenure as women's champ and then phoning in the builds to her PPV matches wasn't great. Luckily the matches were because Shida's really good, but that could be taken as a lack of respect.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Roasted Donut posted:

are you loving nuts?

this is a weird thing to add to a post i mostly agree with. they typically handle things pretty quick and i don't think the blowback is gonna be that big. but it might be!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Show was weird tonight but I liked when Dante Martin did three moves and got the crowd on his side against a Very Over Miro.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Show was weird tonight but I liked when Dante Martin did three moves and got the crowd on his side against a Very Over Miro.

he picked a good three moves to do it with

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Vandar posted:

I'm already seeing it over social media and the anti-AEW brigade is going to make sure to spread this around. Bix has been rapid-fire tweeting about it too so there's going to be eyes on it.

You know how the internet works. This poo poo is going to spread and be a black mark over the weekend.

Oh boy, people on twitter that don't like aew REALLY won't like this

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really hope it wasn't Rosa egging him on but she can keep her spot in NWA forever if it was.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Seems like when they told Willie "you do Shida" it was meant, in context, "you translate Shida" and he did the poo poo he did which is at least a little reassuring about the other people on the team.

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1398501589321715714?s=20

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

the entire rear end women's championship tournament was a storyline that was booked by shida herself

They didn’t tell that story on TV well, I dont watch the youtube shows or read Meltzer or reddit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

They didn’t tell that story on TV well, I dont watch the youtube shows or read Meltzer or reddit

are you sure you just weren't paying attention people seem to forget or not notice a lot of things that happen on dynamite

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Who's idea was it to send Paul Wight out there who apparently has no idea how to operate a scale?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kunabomber posted:

Her feud with the Champion vs Champion feud with Thunder Rosa was good, as was the one with Nyla Rose. And the feud with Abadon was great.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

I really hope it wasn't Rosa egging him on but she can keep her spot in NWA forever if it was.

She was literally reacting in the same shocked awkward way anyone on live TV would, this condemnation poo poo for people who do normal human poo poo is getting insane here

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Codependent Poster posted:

Who's idea was it to send Paul Wight out there who apparently has no idea how to operate a scale?

They thought his name was Paul Weight :(

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

flashy_mcflash posted:

neither of them were egging him on, but dasha couldn't help laugh

edit: oh that was TR laughing? i had their voices completely backwards

Penguin Patrol fucked around with this message at 08:36 on May 29, 2021

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

EMF having a racist impression of Shida on live tv is a pretty different level of disrespect (a fireable one, hopefully) than not being pushed the way you want her to be.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

They should've had him fail using the scale, then have him decide the weights by picking Cody and Ogogo up. "Sorry Cody, Ogogo feels like he's one pound heavier."

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

he picked a good three moves to do it with

I know people are all in on the New Japan forbidden door once the pandemic dies down whenever that is, but Top Flight really feel like a pair of dudes that would get the most out of a tour or two with Dragon Gate. Their style would mesh up well with DG more than NJPW, in my opinion.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ogogo really missed a chance to get in some "remember what happened last time you pissed off a boxer?" zingers in.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

She was literally reacting in the same shocked awkward way anyone on live TV would, this condemnation poo poo for people who do normal human poo poo is getting insane here

This from the guy who just compared racism to being a little underbooked.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

I know people are all in on the New Japan forbidden door once the pandemic dies down whenever that is, but Top Flight really feel like a pair of dudes that would get the most out of a tour or two with Dragon Gate. Their style would mesh up well with DG more than NJPW, in my opinion.

that would whip

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dimebags Brain posted:

Ogogo really missed a chance to get in some "remember what happened last time you pissed off a boxer?" zingers in.

More than anything in that segment, having Ogogo do and say nothing was a weird choice.

Like, when they brought out Wight, my assumption was that it was so Ogogo could knock his rear end out.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tall Paul should have casually rested his foot on the scale so Cody rang in at 400 pounds

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

More than anything in that segment, having Ogogo do and say nothing was a weird choice.

Like, when they brought out Wight, my assumption was that it was so Ogogo could knock his rear end out.

He did get to do the jerk off motion twice

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

This from the guy who just compared racism to being a little underbooked.

I didn’t do that at all. I just said the company doesn’t give Shida the respect she deserves in my opinion. Even to tonight was a set up for Britt. It’s sad to me she deserves more. Like main events and storylines.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I did appreciate after several run-ins, when Britt said "Rebel's not here" that Rebel actually wasn't there.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MJeff posted:

I admire AEW's commitment to the occasional subverting of wrestling tropes, but if any match could use the shortcut heat-up tactic of "big brawl and pull-apart," it's this one.

Also if you're gonna have no physical confrontation in a ~10 minute segment, you should probably have an idea of *a* thing you're going to do, at some point, other then having QT say "what are you doing, booing the heel? You should cheer him idiots!" 4-5 times

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Eat My Fuc posted:

I didn’t do that at all. I just said the company doesn’t give Shida the respect she deserves in my opinion. Even to tonight was a set up for Britt. It’s sad to me she deserves more. Like main events and storylines.

shida def deserves more respect. why didn't you watch the tournament she booked?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i dont think its far fetched to think shida should be on tv more or the same amount as sting, inner circle, and cody

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shida should be louder, angrier and have access to a time machine.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

KungFu Grip posted:

i dont think its far fetched to think shida should be on tv more or the same amount as sting, inner circle, and cody

Shida should be on TV more often than not, at a minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

shida def deserves more respect. why didn't you watch the tournament she booked?

I did. Would have been awesome to have it all on TV!