Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
On a side note, my daughter is crushed that Shida lost :(

Britt may be a draw for smarks, but Shida is a draw for the kids, folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Britt Baker a real poo poo taker for kids.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

Remember when Archer posted a similar picture and then was back on TV the next week with the same extremely long mohawk braids?

You mean three days ago? I don't think he's been on TV since then.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Nipponophile posted:

You mean three days ago? I don't think he's been on TV since then.

This is at least the second time he’s done it

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Who from the men's division will Ryo Mizunami induct into her group of friends? Danny Limelight?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Who from the men's division will Ryo Mizunami induct into her group of friends? Danny Limelight?

https://twitter.com/mizunami0324/status/1397725396951396354

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

Remember when Archer posted a similar picture and then was back on TV the next week with the same extremely long mohawk braids?

Archer got new extensions after that photo.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

karmicknight posted:

As a long hair had-er who got a haircut for the first time in two years two weeks after getting vaxxed. That's a decent chunk of hair and will probably look rad.

lol same. i said "wow you could make another me with all that hair" and the poor girl acted like it was the funniest thing she had heard all week.

shida gonna look loving badass

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

My Lovely Horse posted:

Picturing Tay in a Chrono Trigger Ayla outfit
JB can dye his hair red and spike it up. Luchasaurus is kinda already Frog.

Marko is Spekkio.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

it's wild to me how bloated and terrible the whole nWo thing became, such that nobody had the palate for the stuff of dreams when WWE did the invasion angle and now the idea of even doing one seems terrible at first blush.

really a product of its time and demographics

I've recently been watching some of 1996 WCW, the period where the whole thing started, and some things stand out that haven't really been the same elsewhere.

The nWo/Outsiders were against everyone, faces and heels alike, they didn't care. There's a key episode of Nitro where some big matches have been announced and they specifically take out the participants, like Arn Anderson and Rey Mysterio Jr. (this is the famous "Rey gets thrown into a wall like a lawn dart" segment.) Arn in particular getting hurt is very dramatic, like, the Horsemen are heels but you just don't do this. So this leads to faces and heels looking out for each other during matches just to make sure the nWo don't show up and ruin things. The commentators aren't safe (there's a point where Bobby just refuses to go on because this is too dangerous), there's a real sense that they're attacking the whole thing. Other heel factions before and since have just been heel factions. These guys were just anti-WCW and everyone in it. Obviously that got diluted over time but for a little while they felt like something else.

Like it's hard to manufacture that feeling of danger- not just with a new team being dominant but them actually threatening to tear the whole show down. (And in particular I don't think WWE has ever had the stomach for this because Vince loves the status quo too much.)

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

Like it's hard to manufacture that feeling of danger- not just with a new team being dominant but them actually threatening to tear the whole show down. (And in particular I don't think WWE has ever had the stomach for this because Vince loves the status quo too much.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVtqoqzgNw&t=734s

Please don't mention any subsequent Nexus content

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwell Lord posted:

I've recently been watching some of 1996 WCW, the period where the whole thing started, and some things stand out that haven't really been the same elsewhere.

The nWo/Outsiders were against everyone, faces and heels alike, they didn't care. There's a key episode of Nitro where some big matches have been announced and they specifically take out the participants, like Arn Anderson and Rey Mysterio Jr. (this is the famous "Rey gets thrown into a wall like a lawn dart" segment.) Arn in particular getting hurt is very dramatic, like, the Horsemen are heels but you just don't do this. So this leads to faces and heels looking out for each other during matches just to make sure the nWo don't show up and ruin things. The commentators aren't safe (there's a point where Bobby just refuses to go on because this is too dangerous), there's a real sense that they're attacking the whole thing. Other heel factions before and since have just been heel factions. These guys were just anti-WCW and everyone in it. Obviously that got diluted over time but for a little while they felt like something else.

yeah I think loving with production and behind the scenes poo poo was part of the secret sauce, and having an icon like Hogan (for whatever he was worth at that point) jump that hard into a new persona. the last vestiges of kayfabe at that point were the crosspromotional dead zones the WWE had spent a couple decades forging, so cashing all that in in one go was monumental, but wow what a fizzle, like a partially detonated nuke in every way

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
It's also amazing how quickly the cracks started to show with the NWO. Like how they did all that tense invasion poo poo and then suddenly Roddy Piper shows up with a bunch of extras and John Tenta In Jeans and then ditches them immediately, beats Hogan clean for absolutely no reason, starts feuding with both the NWO and WCW at the same time, then vanishes again.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just remembered there's a loving BULL ROPE MATCH tonight and my hype levels intensified tenfold

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

I just remembered there's a loving BULL ROPE MATCH tonight and my hype levels intensified tenfold

YESSSSSS

i've been hollering about this for weeks

i think Comoroto is going over to keep this feud going but we'll see

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
dustin's gonna paint the canvas with his own blood

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

So who's gonna interrupt Britt's celebration tonight?

leyla :getin:

Scarf posted:

in all seriousness I really would like to see some of the factions incorporate the women's division

yes

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

smarxist posted:

YESSSSSS

i've been hollering about this for weeks

i think Comoroto is going over to keep this feud going but we'll see

Factory has got to get a win at some point and if it's not tonight, I don't know how they recover. Plus, going over Dustin will cement Comoroto as the monster threat that he looks like and that's to everyone's benefit. The most important thing is that the match is going to be loving amazing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What's the crowd situation for tonight's show? Are they just opening up all the seats now?

SexMetalBarbie
Jun 1, 2021

by Shine
awh for fucks sake, TNT preemption stopped dynamite from being on Wednesday June 16th, that being of importance because it's Jungle Boys birthday. imagine happy birthday chants during the world title match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

rantmo posted:

Factory has got to get a win at some point and if it's not tonight, I don't know how they recover. Plus, going over Dustin will cement Comoroto as the monster threat that he looks like and that's to everyone's benefit. The most important thing is that the match is going to be loving amazing.

It would be a decent and believable victory, and you're absolutely right that the Factory need one.

(I'm actually hoping that the endgame of the Factory story is that they turn on QT and do their own thing. That's a pretty good trio there)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/thedoncallis/status/1400883522894663686?s=21

I swear to god if Kenny challenges Jun tomorrow...

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/thedoncallis/status/1400883522894663686?s=21

I swear to god if Kenny challenges Jun tomorrow...

Why would he challenge Jun when Harashima will have the belt by then?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Why would he challenge Jun when Harashima will have the belt by then?

'Cause I don't think they'd have Harashima lose in his first defense.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This would also set up the possibility of Jun vs Eddie, which Kingston would love.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

blunt posted:

This upcoming Monday marks the 11-year anniversary of this. It's funny seeing Gallows, Deeb and Justin Roberts in there. They cut out the part where Bryan chokes out Roberts with his tie, which lead to Bryan's brief firing from WWE.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Leyla with Team Taz
Rosa with Darby/Sting (half-skullfaces unite)
Deeb with Pinnacle
Abadon with Death Triangle
Heel Shida with The Elite
Tay with Jurassic Express
Britt with HFO
Nyla with Inner Circle

idk just spitballing with some of these

HFO already has the Bunny. Also why would you not do Rosa as part of Death Rhombus with Abadon hanging out with Goth Boi and his Dad?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oh man, Death Triangle as tweener "we're just here to kick everyone's loving rear end" with Thunder Rosa strapped up in the NWA or AEW title (or both) hell yes

edit:
https://twitter.com/BraxtonSutter/status/1400936434513678336

these two :allears:

smarxist fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 4, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I hope someone tweeted this to the guy who was asking why only Cody did a Pride T-shirt

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

I hope someone tweeted this to the guy who was asking why only Cody did a Pride T-shirt

They're only doing these because that guy tweeted about it :colbert:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

blunt posted:

I will!

Like Maxwell Lord was talking up with the nWo, there were a few cool "faction vs. everyone including heels" moments with the Nexus. Like the time Jericho was backstage, telling Barrett he was proud of what he was doing. Shortly after, Edge cut an in-ring promo about how the Nexus should have him lead the team. Then Jericho popped in to say that he'd be a better leader. Then the Nexus arrived and kicked both their asses.

Or how Sheamus would take delight in Nexus because they would kick the poo poo out of Cena and other people he hated, but the moment they looked in his direction, he'd run off looking to Cena for help.

My favorite was during NXT Season 2 when they were doing a Pros vs. Rookies vs. Nexus battle royal. The other guys couldn't bring themselves to work together and soon you had Cody Rhodes trying his hardest to buddy up to the Nexus to no avail until he was the only other one left in the ring, surrounded. He admitted defeat by lowering his head and ate a 7-on-1 beating.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love Butcher and Blade so so much What a cool look

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
who is mr. barry

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

graph posted:

who is mr. barry

Barry Bloom, his (shoot) agent.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

smarxist posted:

oh man, Death Triangle as tweener "we're just here to kick everyone's loving rear end" with Thunder Rosa strapped up in the NWA or AEW title (or both) hell yes
M

They already have shirts!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
hockey once again takes priority tonight so if number is bad you can blame me, watermelon gun. i’ll take your pain

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1399765445390082049?s=20

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1400950978464124930?s=20

behold the power of a true champion

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

queen poo poo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol