Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Shard posted:

While most don't watch the show in Spanish, most AEW fans watch twitter and other social media and this will make news and it could very easily blow up.

i dont think most fans are glued to the twitter for it, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Shinjobi posted:

Cody Rhodes was Apollo and Rocky in the same match

lol extremely apt

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i missed the sting match and regret it

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Sting looked so loving good I couldn't believe it!

yeah thats why i regret it

favorite match of the evening is still deeb vs riho. perfectly wrestled, told the story in the ring in the time it was given, nothing felt wasted or overstayed its welcome in it. finish was logical but also super cool

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

Omega > Page > PAC > OC > MJF > Eddie

yeah thats a solid line of progression

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

beggar posted:

I'm afraid to google search dick togo spot after the one time I google searched big show locker room dick when someone mentioned paul wight was one

dont get dick togo it gets cold if you dont dine in

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

This part is absolutely right. It really started up after the Lights Out match, it's loving weird the way they push Britt. Like, to a point, yea ok is right, you should just let people react how they want to react, but the big push AEW made out of that match was how awesome Britt Baker was and how much rear end she kicked, except, she lost.

And they pretty much completely stopped acknowledging Thunder Rosa's existence on TV after that match, which, she won. It's like they put Rosa over and then after the match, decided to just pretend that Britt had won. And the way they did this 100% undercut Shida as a babyface champion.

It's weird, man.

[angrily slams the table, hard] gently caress! MJeff is extremely correct!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Alaois posted:

honestly you just seem mad that people like britt baker

really seems like theyre mad that they could have put a ton behind shida too instead of going all in (heh, lil gamblin reference there for you) on the Division of Britt

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Le Saboteur posted:

Yeah I loved the show except like one person mentioned the Britt story problems and the other big elephant in the room for AEW: The Cody Problem.

How long is Cody going to keep going over young talent in matches where he absolutely shouldn't be? Ogogo should have been made to look strong and unique tonight instead he was booked to look like any other guy Cody could beat. And these problems are so consistent with him I'm convinced Stings run will end with the company when Cody beats him at their biggest PPV of the year.

They really need to figure that poo poo out.

agree on the looking like every other guy part. its cool to see that ogogo can do other stuff than punch but he shouldnt. every move should be a set up for a punch. rip cord punches, pop up punches, diving punches, shooting star punch etc etc etc

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MJeff posted:

Luckily, that second one is his finisher, so he's gonna be doing that a lot.

no i know but he shoudl have more punches and not like a generic frog splash. teach him how to do cesaro's psycho crusher

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Shard posted:

Like maybe I could see what yall were saying...if Britt wasn't super over, has shown growth from the beginning of AEW to now, didn't feel like the natural next champion and hadn't been in some of the best matches in AEW.

its almost like you are just about understanding the conversation people are having regarding britt's booking and why it ended up being her as the sole option. except that last part, because shes been in some of the worst and then a spectacle match and the 2nd best women's match tonight

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

StarkRavingMad posted:

thread didn't get a chance to go to poo poo this week since Dynamite wasn't on a Wednesday, so people really had to dig deep to find a reason to doom n' gloom after a great PPV to get that weekly quota in

nothing doom and gloom about it, aew put out a very good ppv and will keep putitng out great shows. calling any criticism doom and gloom or things of that nature is pretty toxic though. things can be good and still have points people dont agree with and trying to wholly categorize people that dont immediately fall into line is kinda harmful because it just pushes people away

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

karmicknight posted:

Specifically, the first live crowd after a pandemic on memorial day weekend, prefaced by a package quoting loving Patton, FDR and Truman and some sort of veteran charity deal organized by one of their own in-house veterans.

it would have been fitting, on memorial day, to have to make a memorial for Cody, as he lay broken in the ring, like the death of superman

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

karmicknight posted:

They should have quoted Curtis LeMay, Douglas MacArthur and Woodrow Wilson, then.

ogogo shoudl have quoted john wilkes booth

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
[slamming the table again, louder this time] Damnit! Why is MJeff so extremely correct tonight???

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

yeah, it would be! that's why it's good to explain what you mean instead of going on about how really weird it is

its weird and lovely that that is the first accusation you jump to

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
ogogo should have punched the flag in half

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
spears is good as a sidekick or something

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Rarity posted:

Beating Cody doesn't matter if everyone's doing it. MJF and Darby are where they are because they pulled it off and that wouldn't have happened if Shawn Spears had done it then floated in the midcard for 2 years

cody is so boisterous that it doesn't matter who beats him because he can instantly make everyone forget that

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Man the biggest most massive get out of that list is Heidi and I hope they already have a deal in place. In addition to a stellar veteran who owns owns owns you also get Liv Morgan after an indefinite amount of time for free

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
poor brit baker, thought of timing a serving tray spot and died

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Alaois posted:

have you posted even a single time in any aew thread before britt baker won the title and melted your brain apparently

gotta gatekeep the thread, you must have 200 posts before a criticism is allowed. until then it is wrongthink

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Alaois posted:

its not gatekeeping its an actual question because i've never seen them before when it seem like they've been having these issues with the women's divison this whole time i figured i would remember them from when that was the constant thread discourse from like a year ago

where were you on the thread of July 30th, 2020

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Also it doesn't matter if you remember them or not. This is a discussion thread. People aren't disallowed to have opinions on things just because they didn't voice the opinion at some point in the past to your particular satisfaction. This was the culmination of the entire women's division during the pandemic shows; if they had an issue with how it ended up being handle at the end then now is a perfectly valid time to voice them. Just because they didn't post before this doesn't mean it ain't held by them.

Is that sufficient, Officer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

flatluigi posted:

i'm probably forgetting a lot but:

- kylie rae was presumably going to be the early face center of the division before she left
- awesome kong/britt were going to be the early heel center but kong couldn't go as much as she expected and they cut it short real quick
- joshi were going to be a large part of the division before the pandemic, as well as a few other people who lived out of the country and wouldn't stay in florida
- you know, the pandemic in general keeping people home for health reasons (like big swole)
- there had been several injuries with people who were just starting getting focused on, including statlander (who JUST returned) and anna jay (who is still out)

it's only been in the last several months that the division's really finally getting on its feet without being derailed (barring rosa's "you can't wrestle in aew" storyline in her home promotion), and in those months they've built a good chunk of talent they should finally be able to use regularly -- they just really need to get the time together to put it on dynamite

if anything i think the problem right now is that they have so many ongoing storylines that they're already trying to fit into dynamite that it's hard to go "hey let's try to fit another two or three into the same two hours," but hopefully the PPV can be a nice capstone to what they were doing and the first post-PPV dynamite this friday can kick off some new poo poo

Yeah all of this tracks in what kneecapped the division right off the bat and how they couldn't get a break at all. It makes sense for them to 'all in' it on their most over wrestler in the division, but some people still dislike how it was done