Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I don’t know why anyone expects Khan to do anything about it but it was super loving lame and racist out of the blue and they already kind of disrespect Shida a lot. The new women’s belt looks great though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Shard posted:

How do they disrespect Shida alot?
TV time, storylines, she’s a top 10 in the world womens wrestler and nearly none of her feuds have had stories.

I like Britt better and want her to win but it’s lame Shida has been a belt warmer on TV even though the ringwork is top tier

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Kunabomber posted:

the entire rear end women's championship tournament was a storyline that was booked by shida herself

They didn’t tell that story on TV well, I dont watch the youtube shows or read Meltzer or reddit

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I really hope it wasn't Rosa egging him on but she can keep her spot in NWA forever if it was.

She was literally reacting in the same shocked awkward way anyone on live TV would, this condemnation poo poo for people who do normal human poo poo is getting insane here

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

MJeff posted:

This from the guy who just compared racism to being a little underbooked.

I didn’t do that at all. I just said the company doesn’t give Shida the respect she deserves in my opinion. Even to tonight was a set up for Britt. It’s sad to me she deserves more. Like main events and storylines.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Penguin Patrol posted:

shida def deserves more respect. why didn't you watch the tournament she booked?

I did. Would have been awesome to have it all on TV!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The cool thing about AEW is that he could have used that segment to do almost anything, and it seemed designed for him to improv and they could call it in the ring, he just didn’t. He didn’t respond to any of the giant’s comments he just orbited his designated area looking lost. QT I guess then attempted to cut a promo, it was as amusing as a warm breeze. Cody should be world champion and I wish he was less humble.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The main thing is Jade is amazing and being alive at the same time to see the next all time great get their start is so awesome. When she gets that title it’s going to be the most prestigious in the world, she’s the most legit female athlete in modern history of pro wrestling

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I make very, very good Beyond meat tacos so vegan tacos and cheering on Cody for me tonight.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I'm dumb what does this mean

It means when will the match happen like opening match, second match, second to last etc

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

the escape goat posted:

saw in the Kenny v OC v PAC promo video that it's a three way dance rather than triple threat? was it a slip of the tongue from The Broom Man or are they going with that format because holy poo poo if so

What's the difference real question

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
If that's the case the pop when Kenny is eliminated first is going to be one of if not the biggest of all time.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Can we ban JR slander

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
my favorite moment of the night was still the dogs getting a monster pop, that dog is a star

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
the funniest part of the bar fight in stadium stampede was the patrons sitting there stiff as hell like cyberpunk npcs I was cackling at the unnaturalness of it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Cody should have never done the “can’t challenge for the world title” stip because it’s done nothing for people’s perception about him like he intended

He can do no right by those people anyway.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Notes from Tony Khan's post Double or Nothing press conference.

-Tony is asked about the promo he did on Nick Khan. He says he talked to NJPW about it and they thought it was a good idea so he did it. He says they're working with NJPW and will be doing more in the future.

-He's asked if he has contact with anyone in WWE. He says mostly back channel stuff like getting the Jericho on Austin's podcast worked out.

-He sort of rambles a while about going back on the road, it's weirdly nonsensical he sounds pretty tired which is understandable after that kind of weekend. He talks about how he wish Brodie could have been here to see the crowds back. Same man.

-He's asked about Orange Cassidy's tremendous rise. He talks about how his plan was to very slowly reveal how good of a wrestler Cassidy is, he talks about how he built to Orange vs. Pac since 2019 and no one realized where he was going with it because that was the match that was going get over how good Cassidy's ring work is the best (He was right). He knew the "He's gonna try" chant would happen and was happy it did. He talks about how hard it is to develop character without the crowd reactions.

-He talks about Mark Henry. Tony says they're good friends and Mark Henry came to him with ideas he really liked. He talks about his value as a mentor.

-He is asked about the growth of Hangman and Britt, he puts Britt over a lot and talks about how a year ago Hangman was doing commentary drunk and mentions all of his accolades, also Hangman's wife is pregnant.

-He says he has a big announcement soon about one of their current top stars being a commentator on Rampage

-Asked about Sting, Tony says he had high expectations for Sting and he's exceeded them, he didn't expect him to wrestle but he's very pleased by how that's worked out.

-Asked about further crossover with Impact, especially the women. He says he's open to more cross over. He puts over Private Party's work there and says he has big plans for them.

-He's asked about the commentator recently fired. He says there was no excuse for what was said, he apologized to the other commentators and thinks he made the right decision.

-He says Rampage will have a different presentation, it will be both taped and live but it will be live to start. Says the Friday the 13th show will be big.

-He says he apologized to Rosa as well and feels it was wrong that she was put in that uncomfortable position. He talks about how great a wrestler she is, he then goes on to talk about how a lot of the Dark and Elevation talent are getting great reactions on PPVs and Dynamite and how he's happy with that. He says he's not interested in making cuts and wants to grow his company, talks about how these shows are a great pipeline for getting new talent.

-He talks about how he has been trying to put angles and great matches on Elevation, and he's excited for the upcoming episodes with a hot crowd and how they will be received.

-He says a snake was not hurt

-Asked about the greatest of all time, Jade Cargill. He says she's one of the greatest atheletes and he's investing a lot in her.

-Lio Rush is on a handshake deal with both AEW and NJPW.

-He talks about Jungle Boy being a key wrestler going forward. Lots about the long term booking he sticks to, and how he's had plans for Jungle Boy for over a year. It definitely seems to me that post pandemic Khan is going to really try to live these plans out rapidly.

-He says Pentagon told him they'll be releasing more UFO footage soon that will prove we are not alone in the galaxy, that we should have ciro miedo and submit to our new overlords.

-He says they'll still do cinematic matches sometimes.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Orange Carlisle posted:

Thanks for the notes EMF, that summary saved me like 40 minutes or however long that video was

No problem I’m already listening and i’m trying to zone out less so typing along with it helps me focus

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
For Sale: Wrestling Company, never over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
if WWE signed John Silver they'd change his gimmick to Björnswoggle the Hitler Elf