Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
DoN is going to kick rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

SonicRulez posted:

Sting doing the mask spot will never fail to make me laugh.

it's a beautiful spot every single time and i will always hoot and holler for it

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Vandar posted:

So how loving pissed is Tony Khan right now? This was supposed to be their huge 'fans are back and our big ppv is in two days' show and suddenly a racist commentator is going to be dominating discussion about the company this weekend.

i don't speak spanish and don't listen to the broadcast in spanish and never would have even heard of it without a ton of people on here immediately looking for blood about it, so the average aew viewer likely has no clue about any of this. in the long run the ppv is going to get all the discussion this weekend. are you loving nuts?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Vandar posted:

I'm already seeing it over social media and the anti-AEW brigade is going to make sure to spread this around. Bix has been rapid-fire tweeting about it too so there's going to be eyes on it.

You know how the internet works. This poo poo is going to spread and be a black mark over the weekend.

Oh boy, people on twitter that don't like aew REALLY won't like this

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

magiccarpet posted:

The OSW boys did a review of Revolution and its a good watch to kill time before tonight. I haven't really been a fan of theirs since they pivoted to movie and video game reviews but only one of them had seen the product before so its interesting to hear them figure it all out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POCnmos3MGk

I have to get around to watching this soon, I've been looking forward to it since they announced. OSW is funny as hell but I really wish they would stick to wrestling stuff more, the movie and video game reviews typically aren't nearly as entertaining

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Rarity posted:

Catching up with the hot takes

Rosa: People are saying that she's been ignored or erased or whatever but she's the #2 ranked woman in the division so she's clearly still valued as important by the company. I think what people are mad about here is less 'AEW's neglecting Rosa' and more 'AEW still struggles to have more than one women's storyline'. That's the reason she's not been on Dynamite much, not because they don't want to push her. Also MJeff Rosa's post-Lights Out promo did make Dynamite, it was part of the match highlights package the very next week

Shida: I get that they were scrambling for time all night and still only just brought it in by midnight but the cameras really should have shown us the THANK YOU SHIDA moment. That's the only real valid complaint I think is there, apart from that Britt was mega over and always going to get cheered so what could they do? The whole point of AEW is they don't do the 'you cheer who we tell you to cheer' thing

Cody: Cody rarely ever gets beat because when you beat Cody it loving makes you. Ogogo didn't need to beat Cody here, all he needed to do is exactly what he did which is come out and show that he's got real wrestling skills and a ton of potential. He lost and everyone's still talking about him. It doesn't ruin his character or kill his push in the womb or anything like that, he's clearly going to be a force and all he needs to do is rack up a few Dynamite wins and he'll be fine.

Agree with all of this. Good god almighty folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
That PPV was loving excellent. I loved everything on it, I think it's genuinely the show I've enjoyed the most since ECW One Night Stand in 2005.

Deeb/Riho was a good match to start the night off. Page/Cage was loving awesome. I'm in awe of the stuff Cage is capable of and when he eventually goes on a face run and lays waste to all the other hosses it's going to be some special stuff.

I was extremely entertained by the tag title match. This would have been match of the night for me on just about any other show. Hearing Eddie Kingston get huge chants was heart warming as hell.

The battle royal was fun enough, especially the end. I really want to see a full Jungle Boy/Christian match because it seems like they could blow the doors off. The only big problem is the director still has no loving idea what they're doing when it comes to battle royals, they miss so many drat spots and eliminations just needlessly buzzing around to different cuts.

I loved Cody and Ogogo. Cody going over was the obvious and correct choice, but they left a lot out there to show that Ogogo will be a star with some more seasoning. For being his first 'real' match I was really impressed with him. Cody is the drat best. Thinking of the Nightmare Family vs. Factory feud in general, I could see Comorato bringing back a big win over Dustin. They're on a collision course after the battle royal.

Miro/Archer was cool. Hoss offs are the best.

Britt winning was excellent. She has 'it' way more than any other woman on the roster. I'm just surprised this didn't happen sooner, but waiting until the crowds were back was the right move. Really excited to see where this goes and who her first feud will be.

I was shocked by how drat good Sting looked in the ring. The man is a legend and a legit special attraction and putting Darby with him was gold. Scorpio Sky still doesn't do much for me but I'm really growing on Ethan Page. He can cut a drat good promo and has one of the best finishers in the business. Eager to see more with him.

The three way for the title was one of the best I've ever seen for a world title. Each guy came out of that looking phenomenal.

Stadium Stampede was epic. These are the most fun matches there are. Everyone had great moments to shine. Can't say enough good things about it. May Inner Circle reign forever