Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Who's ready for some Elevation tonight! (no matches have been announced on twitter, i checked the hashtag and just found a person being rude to Britt Baker)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Brian Cage will leave Team Taz in a fury and join up with Jake the Snake. Archer will leave and join up with Taz.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

DARK Elevation tonight

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1399368335305887745

so much loving wrestling

Nyla and The Bunny are tagging because they made a connection over how much they hated teaming with Madi Wrenkowski

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Are they turning TH2? If so they might be a fun pairing with Archer.

They are not doing anything with TH2

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It was really hosed up of whoever to just take a picture of Shida after she collapsed rather than help her up.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

I was going to say 'because he's not ready yet. He's still dull as dishwater despite being stupidly amazing in the ring for a 22 year old'
Then I remember the god pop he got last night.

They just like the song. It's a good song!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I was so scared for Christian that they were going to put him over JB by the end of that Battle Royale, he would’ve gotten “Hogan is the Third Man” level trash thrown at him.

I was also worried, and I think that was the intent. Smart booking! (maybe)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

4 more Elevation matches: https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1399399018770448384

They all look good apart from the Acclaimed match, and I only say that because I don't know who the brothers Tate are.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm glad Mark and Lio squashed their beef

Maybe after their long and in-depth conversation they hate each other even more.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

I think the reaction to max in the BR was another huge testament to that, dark and elevation do what they are intended to do folks

There were just chants of "Var-si-ty" on Elevation.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

Yeah, The Acclaimed, Varsity Blonds, and Men of The Year are TK pairings. I think Sting and Darby too.

Chaos Project too. I think Tony Khan views the singles stars as halves of tag teams he needs to find the right partner for.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

some Dark matches have been announced (this guy posted them on twitter)
Bear Bronson v. Jungle Boy
Cezar Bononi & Ryan Nemeth v. Billy and Colten Gun
Robyn Renegade v. Kris Statlander
Diamanté v. Red Velvet
TH2 & Serpentico v. V, Stu Greyson, & Alex Reynolds

Robyn is pretty good, that trio is pretty weird.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

Did anything ever come out about exactly what happened in that Leyla/Shanna match? To my eyes it looked like Leyla locked in her finisher and Shanna didn't want to tap out to to it for some reason, then Leyla legitimately locked it in to force her to tap. It was really weird, felt like Shanna went into business for herself.

I don't think Sapp bothers to report on contentious matches on Elevation, but it definitely had a weird feeling at the end. That was her last match too so maybe you're right.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

coconono posted:

they killed that snake live on ppv

It's sad that some wrestling fans think that if you put a snake in a bag, the snake doesn't exist anymore.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8C-_eRFaBg

Men of The Year are really growing on me.

I'm glad that they found a way to keep the "Reach! for the! Sky!" bit. It's a really good bit, and would have been tragic to lose it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Here's the elevation match, imo the weird and awkward pretty much from the beginning, and there was definitely some real anger on both sides by the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AWeeFiHm0o&t=5656s

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Oasx posted:

I watched Double or Nothing, I have seen a little of AEW from episodes of Dark (though I mostly watch Colt Cabana matches), so most of these people were new to me, or I only know by mention.

I was very impressed by the event, I can't remember the last time WWE put out something even close to being this good. Orange Cassidy is definitely one of my new favourites.

Out of interest, what made you decide to give DoN a try? I presume it wasn't that match Colt had with the Man Scout a while ago.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

also my kid popped harder for that match than anything else he saw, including his favorite OC getting those near falls.

in particular, the staple spot made him go pretty wild

I hope you told him that was a misuse of the stapler, and should never be copied.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

Braun Strowman beat Goldberg at last year's Wrestlemania for the Universal Championship. Something is very wrong in WWE if that's one of the people released.

From what I understand, there isn't "something wrong" in the sense that they're heading for bankruptcy. Just the opposite, in fact, they're doing very well. But management made the decision that further growth isn't really feasible so the only way to increase profits are to cut costs to the bone.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Second most-filmed fictional character after Dracula, and they're all awful.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

HELL YES DARKS ARE GOING BACK TO 3 HOURS LONG BABY WOOOOOOO

Source for this claim?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Also a lot of TVs can play youtube now, so there's basically no difference.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They're definitely C or D shows, but they're still shows, and to ignore them entirely is folly.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I am DYING to see what the design for Rampage is, like will it have a different set, graphics etc...

I hope it will be green.
e: Dynamite's cards have a deep purple background with red highlights, Dark is gold, Elevation is black and white. Make it green or pink!

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jun 3, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Saul Goode posted:

Just wait till you hear about these guys called Omega and Page!

I'm never certain that Hangman will win, because him losing and feeling sad about it is a large thread in his story.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Being honest? PnP

Who I want? Penta+PAC

I have decided Death Triangle are the first Trios champs, and so do not expect any part of DT to win any gold before that.
As for PnP, I really want them out of Jericho's orbit but that's probably not a necessity for them to be the champs.
Anyway, I think it will be Chaos Project.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

What does freebird mean in this context

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Saturday night Dynamite... I blame real sports for all of this chaos.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

What's the point of having friends if they don't have your back?
I really liked the match where they chained Cash and Tully to Luchasaurus to ensure a clean(ish) match. Do that again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Who from the men's division will Ryo Mizunami induct into her group of friends? Danny Limelight?