Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Duke Pukem posted:

There's no way that dude has a job after tonight

He better the gently caress not or I'm refunding this PPV and you can toxx me for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really hope it wasn't Rosa egging him on but she can keep her spot in NWA forever if it was.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

They didn’t tell that story on TV well, I dont watch the youtube shows or read Meltzer or reddit

EMF having a racist impression of Shida on live tv is a pretty different level of disrespect (a fireable one, hopefully) than not being pushed the way you want her to be.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You love to see it. I wonder if they can get Hugo Savinovich or someone to work remotely on short notice.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I want to believe that Fenix's commentary style mirrors his in-ring and it's so fast that all you hear is a low hum.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cody could probably win me back if he did Jericho's 1000 holds promo with a long printed list but instead of moves it's UK pedophiles.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

#PutTheBeltOnKenny

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Crapple! posted:

Thanks all. I'll be at work until 11 so I'm only going to catch the final 6 hours of the show

Hour 5 is typically where these things kick into high gear so you should be ok.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Playin the beta of Elite GM and goddamn this game loves Kris Statlander and Miro. Justifiably so, but both are running through people like Goldberg in my game.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

JR sounds like he's dying

JR and Jake are legit upsetting to listen to at this point, and they're both in talking roles.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

katatonic posted:

Legitimately one of the best times I’ve ever had watching a PPV. Aside from the Cody match, every single match was a loving banger. And even that Cody match showed that Ogogo can loving go and has a ton of potential.

They never would have because of Memorial Day but they really should've called an audible and put Ogogo over in hindsight. They could make that man in one minute if the crowd had reacted like they did to Kenny winning.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

still loling

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1399172259454013444

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even though this had less content on the field and no horse, I actually liked this version of the stampede better. It felt like the perfect bridge between the cinematic era and the return to crowds both symbolically and practically and generally felt more focused on its aim to make Sammy the hero.

The worst thing was the prop pigs, which I will never understand AEW's insistence on putting a hat on a hat, but that's pretty minor.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lanky_Nibz posted:

A LOT of young talent on display last night, it was good to see. I'm wondering what angle Team Taz is gonna take. I'm feeling like maybe a face turn for Cage?

I think a face turn is coming for him and possibly a program with Miro.

I do wonder what happens with Archer and Christian though - both seem a little directionless at this point.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Yeah I think Archer was the wrong guy to feed to Miro at this time. I think it hurt his character. He's lost every feud hes been in and can't win the big one.

Same, they need to do something with him - either ditching Jake or inserting him into another story or something like that. It feels like he should be part of the storyline with Sting somehow since he was the catalyst for Archer's face turn.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Forceholy posted:

Aside from a rematch, who the hell does Britt feud with? Do they build up Swole or Kris or something?

They can go back to Rosa, Kris like you say, Tay, and work on building Leyla, Swole, even Kilynn. It might be time to consider a turn for Nyla too. Lots of options there.

e: you could even have her do a short program with Deonna, who's the Impact champ.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 31, 2021

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Christian and Bryan as a team called The Path of Cage needs to happen. Don't care about their alignment.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Are they turning TH2? If so they might be a fun pairing with Archer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

If they're fixing to end the Pinnacle/Inner Circle feud, the IC would be a great group to feud with the Elite, because they've got the numbers to compete, plus, they're also practised in the art of the numbers game. Imagine Proud and Powerful taking the titles off the Bucks.

Agreed, I think this is the way to go and PnP absolutely need to be the next champs. I am ok with having FTR in there, maybe run a triple threat at some point, but it's long past time to strap up Santana and Ortiz.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

They are not doing anything with TH2

I only ask because they have Evans against Pentagon on Elevation. May not mean anything though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

nuketulsa posted:

Oh, my entire house died laughing for a solid 3 minutes when Jericho used a megaphone as a “weapon “ by yelling in to it vs MJF. I’m sure that’d been done many times before blah blah but it was hilarious

I don't actually think I've ever seen the megaphone used that way. Even Jimmy Hart used to just hit people with it IIRC.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Big yeehaw for number

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What did last year's DON get? Like 110-120K?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CarlCX posted:

I'm pretty sure she's literally never wrestled for the current incarnation of the NWA, which kind of makes that belt hilarious.

I don't watch it because why would I but didn't she have that "Loser Doesn't Leave Town" match?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

smikey posted:

Nah, it's Rosa that's gonna have a "loser stays" match. not kidding.

Well if only one of them is able to leave I'll pick Rosa all day but I hope Deeb wins her eventual Escape The Cage To Escape This Company match.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just looked this up and it makes me like Leyla even more. She really cranked that poo poo in and wasn't taking any nonsense from Shanna at all.

What episode of Dark is this, out of curiosity? I remember watching that match and thinking something felt off.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah that's the vibe I get too, which again makes perfect sense and is fine, I just don't know where to slot in Mox when he comes back!

Unlike WWE the AEW landscape is constantly changing so rankings and even the roster could be completely different by the time Mox returns, assuming he's taking at least a month or two. The last crop of WWE releases are able to compete around mid July so there's lots of potential opponents there like the handicap match against the Iconics we've all been hoping they can make happen.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I am legit amazed that anyone could have such strong opinions either way about that song. Not a single thing about it stands out.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Shanna had such a sympathetic story with "TNA thought I was too fat" and she blew all that goodwill spectacularly.

Didn't Reba/Rebel have that same experience with TNA or am I thinking of Taeler Hendrix?

E: please everyone stop putting this AEW brand split bile into the world

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I love her little shrug when Shanna storms off. I have a lot of favourites in AEW but Leyla is right at the top of that list.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Weeelllll, well it's Bobby Big Arms!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

AEW is a hair promotion and Tommy End and Buddy Murphy just aren't doing it for me

The Hoboken Brunettes would own actually

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

New Librarians with Tommy "The Book" End

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

smarxist posted:

I'm already 1000% sold on Joey Janela's Summer Of Fear And Loathing

Pay Harmony Korine whatever he wants to shoot a bunch of Spring Breakers-esque vignettes this summer with Joey and have Sad Marvez trying to get in on the action.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 3, 2021

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

the draw for Dark is the funny commentary and the odd banger of a match.

Elevation is Thunder-level angles and Taul Paul getting fed lines by an exhausted Excalibur.

For me the draw of Dark is going back to old ones and seeing how many of the wrestlers have done well on the main roster in the intervening months/year. It's a little like going to an indie show and seeing a guy that you know will be a star in a few years, or seeing a musical act in a small club and then seeing them in a stadium years later.

It's basically the appeal that early NXT had for me, but somewhat more organic. But also the commentary is delightful and the matches are good like you say.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

how long until Britt gives up her day job

I dunno it seems pretty important to her and she has to support both her and her deadbeat son making 15K in NXT

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Who does everyone think is gonna beat the Bucks for the titles

PnP in a just world

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

She has her own practice and practices there. She is very passionate about it. (At least in an interview it sounded like she had her own practice now, but she's definitely active, it's not just something she does for passive income.)

Didn't she say, possibly in that same interview, that she provides dental services to a number of people in the PC?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Who is the top talent they stole? Caz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

lol half that interview is about how wrestlers should either be taller or really really good

Either Rey Mysterio or the Undertaker. NO MIDDLE GROUND