Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t know why anyone expects Khan to do anything about it but it was super loving lame and racist out of the blue and they already kind of disrespect Shida a lot. The new women’s belt looks great though

I expect public facing employees of companies who say racist poo poo to get publicly reprimanded or fired. Pretty low bar but I think even wrestling companies can clear it.

Anyway I doubt the guy who did the actual accent has a job on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Reflecting on it, I'm ok that FTR and Santana / Ortiz didn't go in the ring, because it put more of a spotlight on Sammy, and also because now their in-ring work can be part of a full match. Same for Hagar v Wardlow (though I'd also be ok if they just don't have that match).

Last night was so so good. I think I'm going to rewatch the last three matches with my kid and fiance tonight. Fiance bowed out after Shida/Britt because it was getting too late, and my son's bedtime is 8:30 so he only got to see Page/Cage. My son is a big OC mark and he's going to go wild for those near falls.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Archer can now leave Jake (who is a loser) and join Sting (who is a winner).

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Penguin Patrol posted:

here's jericho's post show speech. timestamped to start after the singalong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpqV4SAVlEA&t=149s

this crowd was loving it. very cool

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

shiksa posted:

yea i mean just speaking personally if cody were a heel i wouldn't care. i'd be totally happy. hell even if he played a bit on the show like he does on sammys vlog. i LOVED to hate him in new japan. its just grating seeing him be "the super awesome guy who everyone loves" character and im just over here like "i cannot loving stand this dude" lol

Cody on Sammy’s vlog is incredible. Like QT maybe it’s just a character that doesn’t translate well to the Dynamite format.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My son is watching the three way.

“I think orange Cassidy is going to win. Everyone at AEW knows that he is way too popular not to win.”

Oh man this is gonna be good.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Halfway through the match. Who do you think is winning right now? Probably not orange Cassidy. But I know he will win, because of his popularity. That’s all you need is popularity.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
also my kid popped harder for that match than anything else he saw, including his favorite OC getting those near falls.

in particular, the staple spot made him go pretty wild

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Elevation seems to matter a bit more but... I just don’t like Big Show and Tony on commentary.

I wish they would add a woman (Veda, but I’m sure there are others) to their commentary teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

As far as I've heard she just owns her practice and doesn't need to work there to pay her bills so it's mostly passive money for her

Didn’t she just graduate like right before AEW started? It certainly sounded to me like she was working for an existing established practice, not that she owned her own.