Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

xbilkis posted:

I made a comment earlier tonight that I guess went out over the air that I am deeply ashamed of. If I have hurt anyone out there, I can’t tell you how much I say, from the bottom of my heart, I am so very, very sorry. I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith — as here’s an Ego's Edge by Page, it will be a pin, and so that’ll make it a win for him and Sky — I don’t know if I’m going to be putting on this headset again. I don’t know if it’s going to be for AEW. I don’t know if it’s going to be for my bosses at Turner. I want to apologize for the people who sign my paycheck. For AEW, for TNT, for the people I work with, for anybody that I’ve offended here tonight: I can’t begin to tell you how deeply sorry I am. That is not who I am. It never has been. And I’d like to think maybe I could have some people that, that could back that up. I am very, very sorry, and I beg for your forgiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

I really never need a "sorry if you were offended" apology ever again. Just apologize and say you were wrong, stuffing that onto the end makes it sound like bullshit.

Regardless, fire this dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH_-OTq0aic

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

It always strikes me as weird that Cody Rhodes is very much a higher-up in the company, he's a key creative voice, yet his segments feel so unlike the rest of the show. They have way more of a retro rasslin' vibe with the family drama and the heartfelt speeches about AMERICA and so on.

Like there are times when it's entertaining but it's like this weird little corner of AEW.

It's because it is. Cody wants to use his TV time to play to a specific part of his own nostalgia for wrestling and what his dad did. His segments are very much a completely different flavor from the rest of the show, because he has this deep personal connection to retro rassling that I don't know if anyone on earth can match. He's burning all of his TV minutes on it while the rest of the show is about the innovativeness of the talent, stewarded by the higher ups into the format.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

We found out JR isn't waxxed and/or vaxxed and/or a hot boi

It was clearly that JR was unsure on number 3, because he was deffo excited to find out.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

Later in the match, Silver slips on the platter.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Crapple! posted:

I can't check fite at the moment because I'm at work but what time does the buy-in start relative to Dynamite? Like Dynamite starts at 10am here. Is that about when they would show the buy-in?

half an hour earlier than when Dynamite starts for you.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Shawn Spears has a chair dimension

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

It's weird, man.

It's almost like Thunder Rosa has some sort of massive weight, controlled by a Rock and Roll Baron, placed around her neck that prevents her from receiving a full and strong push from AEW in any real sense.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

Hey.

CHAIR LAIR

The CHAIR DIMENSION

where Sammy Guevara has a MATRIX FIGHT

with SHAWN SPEARS

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I don't think Lio Rush will fall for that a second time, but watch me be wrong.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also I think it's partially a play, telling him that he can work without a deal is deffo something that will say good things to people burnt by the WWF recently that AEW is willing to play as fast and loose as you want to.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Cameo posted:

Sammy was in more than the first Dynamite match, he was in the first official AEW match ever because it was him and Kip on the pre-show to the first Double or Nothing

Kip and Sammy ARE the AEW Originals.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

Take Cody out of it - I don't know how anyone would expect the patriotic American to lose to the British boxer on Memorial Day weekend with their largest live crowd in a year.

Specifically, the first live crowd after a pandemic on memorial day weekend, prefaced by a package quoting loving Patton, FDR and Truman and some sort of veteran charity deal organized by one of their own in-house veterans.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MotU posted:

it would have been fitting, on memorial day, to have to make a memorial for Cody, as he lay broken in the ring, like the death of superman

They should have quoted Curtis LeMay, Douglas MacArthur and Woodrow Wilson, then.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

yeah, it would be! that's why it's good to explain what you mean instead of going on about how really weird it is

And so they did, they used words to explain why they keep harping on it feeling weird. Chill.

Also:

MotU posted:

its weird and lovely that that is the first accusation you jump to

Yeah. It is.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

i'm glad we're getting to the bottom of why this whole britt baker experiment didn't work, such a weird build, maybe the fans will get behind the next one

MJeff has called it weird, because it worked, but struck them as being, well, weird (not bad or any truly negative adjective).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Anthony Ogogo getting the Bret Hart treatment is fine, I guess. It's not like AEW's actual Goldberg, Jade Cargill, needs the spot.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Aye Doc posted:

orange cassidy should have won

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

inthesto posted:

Shawn Spears is the heel, because he was studying Tarantino movies

[11:36 PM] karmicknight: When did Shawn Spears become Mr Blonde?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I initially thought the number for DoN was down from last year because Dave can't be bothered to write like a normal human being

I think it was supposed to make you think that and be a bait and switch.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Angelico really does feel like the one AEW guy I'd call wasted right now. I personally think he's the best technical wrestler they have. I want to watch him doing a bunch of matches with his long boi submissions.

This all checks out.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, that's fair too. Hopefully a lot of the lingering complaints about the women's division and why xyz wrestler isn't getting time gets resolved with Rampage.

People are still going to end up on the outside of the amount of time we want them to have (because we all have conflicting desires for who should get more time at the expense of others and TV time is very finite)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Give Jordan7hm's son the book Coward Tony

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CarlCX posted:

I'm pretty sure she's literally never wrestled for the current incarnation of the NWA, which kind of makes that belt hilarious.

Yep.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't watch it because why would I but didn't she have that "Loser Doesn't Leave Town" match?

The Loser Is Not Allowed to Take Outside Bookings/Number One Contendership Match was Thunder Rosa vs. Kamille.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Artelier posted:

....wait, why would anyone book a Loser Stays match? Doesn't that mean that winners would wrestle elsewhere and only losers wrestle at the company?

What it ACTUALLY is is Thunder Rosa is betting her outside bookings against Kamille's number one contendership, because she lost a match to Kamille for the number one contendership and I think the gimmick is the NWA is acting like her AEW dates (and her Mission Pro dates) are causing her to not focus on the NWA which is why she lost.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

VideoWitch posted:

So a regular match at another promotion is equivalent in worth to a title shot in NWA, got it

Yes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think so and I sure hope not.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

I'm invested in every storyline, even what comes next for pinnacle and IC

everything feels like it's moving along swiftly, like did anyone else catch the Knox thing in BTE?! that's going to be real isn't it?!

BTE is always canon.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Literally a Dilbert collection title

gently caress, that is exactly what it is.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That's J-PW Commentator Chris Brookes showing up on Dynamite only to immediately call That's J-PW would own for me, personally.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

big show phone exploding today

Mark Henry just signed a contract as a scout with AEW.

Dude works fast.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
There is a quote of his floating around that if he ever leaves the WWF he's done.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Somewhere in Jacksonville, Kenny Omega just sat bolt upright and locked eyes with Cody Rhodes.

"Why did we blow off the loving Jon Moxley eyepatch angle SO SOON."

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Also Kong can't really offer much unless she wants to coach. I wish her well but they kept her for a LONG time after she realized she couldn't take bumps.

Everyone involved seemed desperate to let Kong have the One Last Run she wanted as part of the opening moves of AEW's women's division, which is how the Nightmare Collective became such a bungled mess as they pivoted and pivoted until nothing meant anything and it looked like it was supposed to get Brandi over rather than be an Awesome Kong vehicle.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Hirsch vs Conti would be fascinating because the logical way to lay it out is pseudo-shoot style.

UWF RULES
UWF RULES

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, there were a bunch of toxxes.

Help me out in knowing which one's failed and what the forfeit is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3969636

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MotU posted:

gotta gatekeep the thread, you must have 200 posts before a criticism is allowed. until then it is wrongthink

Yeah, it's an incredibly lovely post.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Huntman posted:

i hope to one day have a similar discourse over Hangman Adam Page

Adam Page is too perfect for people to have complaints about his coronation.

Big Yeehaw.
Cowboy poo poo.
:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

For real. I love TEW but 2020 is pretty much unplayable due to the amount of micromanagement it requires.

lmao.