Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Rarity posted:

Goddam that was such a loving show. Energy levels dipped in the middle but even so that was wild. These PPVs end at 5am here so normally I'm pretty fried for the last couple of matches but this time I'm still completely buzzed. Fantastic stuff

As a fellow UKer: all of the above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Maxwell Lord posted:

I sometimes complain when these shows go over three hours but well, I just can't when it's as good as this. Like it was all solid at worst.

And man, the crowd reactions help. Look at how over Page is, Kingston, OC, Jungle Boy, Moxley, Guevara, like... so many people have hype.

Yeah it feels like we've been reading tea leaves for a year trying to guess who is over with fans outside of SA and seeing good wrestlers get good reactions is reassuring and also heartwarming

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

MorningMoon posted:

eddie getting the biggest pop of his career :3:

I'm over the moon for him. I had no idea who he was when he showed up in AEW and now I'm happy whenever he's on screen. What a year he's had.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Testekill posted:

At the end of the day AEW is still a face company and they don't engage in misery booking.

Yeah there's a queue of babyfaces lined up for each belt, and we know we're just being worked into a frenzy for when they eventually win.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

beggar posted:

I'm afraid to google search dick togo spot after the one time I google searched big show locker room dick when someone mentioned paul wight was one

Just in case this is real as well as a joke that made me smile, the Dick Togo spot is dragging the ref out of the ring while they're counting.

e:fb

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I also feel like it has actually helped Darby.

Seeing Sting wrestle and seeing the start of this Darby / Page feud has me much more excited for upcoming Darby matches. I think he just makes more sense for me when he has someone to be pissed off with, and the TNT run never really had that. I didn't realise that was why I wasn't that into his title defenses until last night.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I like Wild Thing a lot but my brain has also been programmed to expect a murder when Unscripted Violence kicks in so I'm glad to hear it's staying. It's inextricably linked to some of my favourite AEW moments at this point.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

xbilkis posted:

I think nobody else on earth shares my opinion on Mox themes, which is:

1. Troggs version of Wild Thing
2. Unscripted Violence
3. Major League version of Wild Thing
4. NJPW theme

I'm pretty close, flip 1 and 2. Death Rider is super generic to me, and other than the fact that I recognise the opening guitar squeal I don't remember any of it.

I know that Unscripted Violence is also pretty generic but I can no longer hear it as just a piece of music. It immediately conjures up happy wrestling memories

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

So glad they're not doing a brand split, good lord

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Spiderdrake posted:

Having a flaw that can be worked on and improved when you're already over is a benefit to an underdog babyface working on his ascent. Improvement is a big part of AEW's charm over WWE.

This is the crux of it, really. Wrestlers in AEW tend to get better by being in AEW. The roster has plenty of people who can cut a great babyface promo, so when it starts to really matter they can work with JB and the improvement will get him even more over

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Are we back to Wednesday Dynamite next week? I'm looking forward to a Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday banquet of AEW

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

We made it to the day before Dynamite before our posting vibrations aligned with the natural frequency of the thread and tore the whole thing apart. Not bad tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

is pepsi ok posted:

Nick Comoroto just cut a hell of a promo on the pre-show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtctrDu7zJo

Dustin is going to bleed for this man :patriot: