Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Codependent Poster posted:

Spanish announce team should have some openings soon:

MorningMoon posted:

This is after they started talking about how to translate the upcoming segment
Willie: and Willie translates for Shida
Dasha: Willie translates for Shida!
Willie: *racist mocking noises*
Dasha: haha shut up, holy crap
Willie: *keeps going*
Dasha: I'm gonna throw a pen at you if she doesn't! (implying Rosa was gonna)
Rosa: She can speak English. What an rear end.

Adding to this, the laugh is kinda gray. Personally I wanna take it as her being shocked into a chuckle from something so out of nowhere when she thought the bit they were doing was Willie doing a woman voice. The worse way to take it as Dasha finding it funny, but at least knowing that this poo poo can't fly at work even when she thought they weren't being heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah. I'm sure TK is pissed, and Shida will be peeved at the dude when she hears about it tomorrow. But I really doubt this'll gain much traction outside us OnlineTM wrestling fans.

For Shida it'll be like Rosa apologizing for being in the table that mocked her out of the 4 or so announce tables that have to scramble to find a spot to sit on since they're not JR and Toney.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I just found out that despite being scheduled until 8:30 tomorrow, we in fact close at 7 so I should be home in time for the pre-show!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I still have respect for Jericho looking at the 100 degree weather and deciding he should book himself a PPV match where the finish is he gets to soak in a cold tub of colored water.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If I was there i'd absolutely be yelling BUS WAAANKER whenever Cody appears

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

JT Smiley posted:

Imagine not being a wrestling fan and seeing that hideous bus coming down the road in 2021. Most people would probably think it's some weird chud poo poo.

"these are probably some hosed up nationalists, but there's a dog there, so who knows"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

eddie getting the biggest pop of his career :3:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It took an injury and Luther literally dragging him kicking and screaming, but Serpentico made his PPV debut :3: From a goofy jobber that got paid to job twice in one night to a perfectly nice low-card guy who's main evented the 3 shows and showed up on PPV

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rewatching in spanish for Fenix's commentary. Fenix, at least in the hungman match, doesn't sound very confident.

Max's rap goes untranslated, but they react to him

:3:
Fenix: My brother, chulo!
Alex: ZERO! MIEDO!
Fenix loves his brother's gear. Fenix sounds much better on commentary by this point.

Alex: *evil uno hits Penta* i'm friends with Evil Uno, but hey he didn't have to do that. I don't like this. I really don't like this. *penta reverses it* Come on Penta come on Penta! Heyyyy! Bye, Evil Uno. Forgive me, Evil Uno, but i'm on Penta's side.
Everyone yells NO when JB eliminates Penta. "I never liked Jungle Boy! What a cheater! My two favorites eliminated, if Penta didn't win I wanted Uno to win" then Fenix asks where Cage came from and Dasha says he was napping lol
Fenix puts JB over when the match is over, talks about how he beat JB in the tag battle royal but took him a lot of work and that JB is the future face of AEW for sure.

was gonna skip straight to THE CHAIR DIMENSION, but i'm curious if Dasha and Fenix have anything on the USA USA USA poo poo lol. Alex apparently had to bounce? can't remember him showing up in the show proper, so idk.

Dasha: Fenix, we can never forget the sacrifices. We are grateful for the men and women- [usa happens]

Kenny tries to do the snap dragon on the top rope on Orange
Dasha: you can do it you can do it! pockets!
Alex: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fenix speechless with anger at the belts spot "i ca-i cant aaaargh"

chair dimension
Dasha: uh oh, there's a lot of chairs there
Alex: the man known as chairman of AEW

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Wonder if the Team Taz situation and Lance's loss will lead to them joining STING as previously teased. Lance, Cage and Darby sound like one hell of a trio.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

DARK Elevation tonight

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1399368335305887745

so much loving wrestling

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

explosivo posted:

When Caster was doing his "Dustin. Dustin. Dustin look at me" thing I audibly gasped because Dustin looked so pissed I was sure he was going to punch a hole through his skull for that one.

I thought it was gonna be the Eric Andre bit and Dustin would then punch a hole through his skull.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Been saying this for a minute, but I think All Out will be FTR vs Young Bucks. FTR has been kept warm in the low heat oven for months, never dropping from Top 5, a successful feud against PnP will put them up top. Meanwhile Bucks beat Jurassic Express on a big Dynamite. After FTR, I think Bucks will drop the belts on Full Gear, but idk against whom.

-Lucha Bros and Best Friends are proooobably gonna be in a feud for the first Trios Championship. It would feel very "Cody will never challenge for the AEW title. Anyway here's a new belt" if one of them gets to dethrone the bucks and the other gets a new belt.
-Dark Order? maybe now that the pinnacle vs inner circle stuff is slowing down, they can build the big DO vs Elite feud
-Proud and Powerful loving deserve it. Not sure how it'd work if they lose to FTR and then get the next major challenge?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

I feel putting the two most intensely antagonistic teams in the company in a program with each other is a bad idea. The Bucks blew the first FTR match build by trying to play heel. And even then were only half as antagonistic as they are now. If you want a second FTR reign they're going to need to take it from a face tag team (which is honestly one of the reasons I thought Wild Things were going to win last night).

Oh yeah, FTR ain't winning, but it's really, really sus how they never dropped from Top 5. I think a rematch is inevitable, specially since Matt wasn't 100% on their last one. If FTR ever win the tag belts, it'll probably be off of Jurassic Express, and it'll lead to JB's solo run.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5rAdBUZ1Zk

Shoot Nike Ls

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

shiksa posted:

where do you take cody v the factory from here, honestly. he's beaten qt, easily, he beat the star pupil next big thing while dressed as homelander, so what if Dustin takes on comatoro its basically too late to do that match unless Aaron solow is gonna somehow take down cody.

Comoroto will have to kill Dustin in the ring.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1399501946952818690

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Seams posted:

I hope Deeb and Rosa can escape the clutches of the NWA for good one day.

Doesn't Deeb just have a few matches to fulfill with NWA? and I'll keep saying it, Rosa is getting #ALLELITE on January 1st 2022 12:01AM

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Elevated Dark information: Leyla and Rosa are over

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

remember when someone reporting on the event where that match happened said CM Punk and some other guy showed up, then went "lol just made it up, nobody's paying attention" a few minutes later?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

this might come as a surprise but JB is over with the crowd

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

the most important promo of the year

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1399515032774320132

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The match was also a good reminder that Sky is pretty loving good in-ring. Being in a tag team is deffo working better than trying for a solo run, and Ethan Page has the charisma to carry the team outside the ring, specially with the angle of "I hate and want to hurt one of the most popular people in the roster, who happens to be OK with getting murdered for dumb spots". Ultimately, I still am more excited for the Darby vs Page no DQ match that will inevitably happen, but this is deffo putting Sky and Page over for me. Men of the Year is a great song.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

man, Scorpio/Ethan could have actually fit in to something like The Pinnacle. Feels like they're missing a third man to tie things together

I think some monster hoss could fit. They talk poo poo, then stand behind Miro. Miro smiles as Ethan yeets Darby to Kentucky. OTOH

Miro: Page, you stream?
Page: oh no, I run a Vlog and
Miro: okay don't care. Sky, i hear you have a gaming podcast. What did you think about Horizon 2's new mechanics? Did you have issues on Returnal?
Sky: ...huh? oh! uh, no, I only play NBA games. I don't even have a PS5 yet.
Miro: i see

and then a crater appears where page and sky once stood

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The jacket :3:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ompG5QgtxQU
allie and silver eat some loving oreos

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

So AEW Dynamite and AEW Dark are the A brand, but AEW Rampage and AEW Dark Elevation are the B brand.
2 of hte yearly TNT events will be Dyna/Dark, 1 will be Ram/Levation, and 1 will be Dynadark VS Ramlevation.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

smarxist posted:

Sammy is BTE Dark

So the roster of Dynamite and Elevation belong in BTE, meanwhile Dark and Rampage are in BTE Dark/Sammy Vlog. Cody made the jump to the Vlog, but 5 will have to decide. Griff also has to choose between Rampage/Dark/Vlog or getting the title shot against he Bucks again. This also means BTE can draft in a Rampage/Dark member.

Also, they really, really noticed how over JB is because tonight's dark is titled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Kw3TfwP7k

Jungle Boy in the Main Event + Statlander, Dark Order, Red Velvet & More | AEW Dark, Ep 91

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

smarxist posted:

AEW could pull off a 1hr weekly show of cinematic vignettes and matches/fights

it'd... kinda be incredible actually

Bear Country become half-bear. In that Boulder is genetically turned into a full bear to recover from injury.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

BDawg posted:

In the Allie / Johnny Oreo video, she mentioned Oreos at her jobs.

How many wrestlers have jobs outside of AEW?

Hungman was a teacher up 'till Dynamite started I think. Rosa I think still does stuff with a community center for disabled children, but mostly dropped it for wrestling.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

smarxist posted:

going into the office looking like the narrator from fight club

I know his office is probably like near the factory in whatever mid state that's in, but I love the idea of him in wrestling tights telling someone how taxes are going to affect their business and having to reassure them that he just has a match an hour after their appointment is done.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

gimme the yoda

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

lamb chops and beefy thighs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ganso Bomb posted:

Per Fightful, Lio has signed with New Japan but they're fine with him continuing to work for AEW and MLW: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-lio-rush-signs-njpw

that makes Lio vs Mox more likely

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

wwelifer.mp4

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

We don't need more white guys but Aleister as Hangman's gothjock best friend who helps him finally face Kenny tho

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tommy End and Hangman hang out a while, Hangman introduces him to DO, they loving click and leads to Tommy becoming the leader. Hangman sees the relationships evolve in a healthy way and that pushes him to finish his business with the Elite.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tommy and Marty tag in a DARK and four months later are the ones to dethrone the bucks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Aren't Braun's knees held together with chewing gum and baling wire at this point?

Yes, but there's always the chance that being away from WWE for a month and getting checked by a real doctor will reveal he's actually able to perform at peak performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Hire Braun to job to Fuego.