Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WAS MOST OVER
This poll is closed.
ORANGE 57 34.34%
MIRO 32 19.28%
HANGMAN 30 18.07%
INNER CIRCLE 14 8.43%
BRITT BAKER 22 13.25%
CODY 6 3.61%
DARBY 5 3.01%
Total: 166 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Penguin Patrol posted:

Here is an incomplete list of people who should have a short stint leading the Dark Order until -1 is ready to assume control:

Sting
Hangman
Maki Itoh
Danhausen
Dario Cueto
Eddie Kingston
Lulu Pencil
Nick Gage
Effy
Sue

Only shortlived because he insists on everyone taking part in a vegan diet and Johnny's not allowed his meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It's interesting looking at how certain AEW talent have evolved over the three installments of Double or Nothing.

- Kenny Omega goes from losing to Chris Jericho to leading his own team to crush Jericho's team to pretty much ruling over AEW with a variation of that team.

- Cody Rhodes proceeds to go over in a beloved match and his good will gradually depleted in the following two events.

- Sammy Guevara goes from losing the company's first match to decisively losing the main event of the second Double or Nothing to getting the big win in the main event of the third.

- Shawn Spears is simply there, going from battle royal fodder to comedy match loser to eating the pin in the Stadium Stampede. Similarly, Private Party go from battle royal to dark match losers to battle royal again.

- Orange Cassidy starts as a random entrant in the battle royal that the commentators barely get, has a somewhat more earnest showing (while still comedic) in the ladder match, then steps into the title picture.

- Pac spends two years away from the event due to various issues until being there as a title contender.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lumbermouth posted:

I think he’s going the Kurrgan route. Adam Scherr in Sherlock Holmes 3.

Braun was already in a Sherlock Holmes movie. Just not one anyone cared for.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Diephoon posted:

when Mark Henry appeared I immediately thought of this video

(loud warning @ 20 seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

Wow. We're nearing the ten year anniversary of Chocolate Drop.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

Cody Rhodes has had sex. It brings me no pleasure to report this.

It was only smoke and mirrors.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

graph posted:

best man speeches are the loving worst

JONESY.... THE JONESINATOR... [series of injokes 5 attendees will understand], but in all seriousness bro,

My best man absolutely poo poo the bed on his speech and it's all anyone remembers from the wedding (well, that and the mac and cheese bar). It was phenomenal. In the photos of him making the speech, you can see my wife furiously staring daggers into him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

blunt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVtqoqzgNw&t=734s

Please don't mention any subsequent Nexus content

I will!

Like Maxwell Lord was talking up with the nWo, there were a few cool "faction vs. everyone including heels" moments with the Nexus. Like the time Jericho was backstage, telling Barrett he was proud of what he was doing. Shortly after, Edge cut an in-ring promo about how the Nexus should have him lead the team. Then Jericho popped in to say that he'd be a better leader. Then the Nexus arrived and kicked both their asses.

Or how Sheamus would take delight in Nexus because they would kick the poo poo out of Cena and other people he hated, but the moment they looked in his direction, he'd run off looking to Cena for help.

My favorite was during NXT Season 2 when they were doing a Pros vs. Rookies vs. Nexus battle royal. The other guys couldn't bring themselves to work together and soon you had Cody Rhodes trying his hardest to buddy up to the Nexus to no avail until he was the only other one left in the ring, surrounded. He admitted defeat by lowering his head and ate a 7-on-1 beating.