Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
This is the c-spam thread for baseball chat based on the success of euphronius' nba thread.

Pull up a chair, let us know your team and talk about some dudes slinging balls at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I like the dodgers. My grandpa took me to a dodgers game when i was like 5 and its one of my formative memories, so I don't care that liking the dodgers is akin to liking the evil empire

the dodgers have people like blake treinen, who is an absolutely terrible human being.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
move the mound back and/or lower it three true outcomes sucks my taint pitchers are too powerful gently caress the yankees

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
the red sox ownership are cowards and pieces of poo poo for trading mookie betts, a generational talent, to get under the salary cap and it left an insanely bad taste in my mouth

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Posey just hit a three run dinger off of Treinen and that's the game.

The dodgers have lost, but Blake Treinen has been humiliated, so not all is lost.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

in all fairness verdugo won the sox game tonight and he's been great but he's no mookie betts

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

in all fairness verdugo won the sox game tonight and he's been great but he's no mookie betts

Verdugo is also a terrible person as i recall (some big sex abuse scandal or something when he was in AAA)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:negative:

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Urias is also a not good person but I'll be damned if he's not gonna throw a no hitter this season, dudes locked the gently caress in.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I like him. he's good in the clutch. great glove too.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Also lol treinen...reminds me of the feeling I used to get whenever they called Baez's number.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The weirdest dodger thing of this year has been Kenley showing up and dealing 97 mph fastballs out of nowhere

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is all you need to know about beisbol

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1398108204626853895?s=20

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

cba stuff is probably going to end up being pretty interesting at some point, i hope the players get a shitload of money

Zisky
May 6, 2003

This belongs on the first page since it singlehandedly might get more goons to watch baseball.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1397975925971632128?s=19

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

cba stuff is probably going to end up being pretty interesting at some point, i hope the players get a shitload of money

I think the owners are clearly in burn it down mode. idk if there's going to be a 2022 season at all.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

Baseball desperately needs new leadership. What's happening to the minor leagues in unconscionable.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
baseball is a dying sport

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Zisky posted:

Baseball desperately needs new leadership. What's happening to the minor leagues in unconscionable.

lost my hometown rookie team :/

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
hold on let me watch the game

*one day later*

well that was good

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

The Sox moved their farm team from Providence, RI to Worcester, MA and that's significantly closer to me, I really need to get to a game at some point especially since I've got the Full Jab. They've built a new park and everything and I love MiLB

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Shohei owns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Devoting my first post to emptyquoting this

Zisky posted:

This belongs on the first page since it singlehandedly might get more goons to watch baseball.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

The Sox moved their farm team from Providence, RI to Worcester, MA and that's significantly closer to me, I really need to get to a game at some point especially since I've got the Full Jab. They've built a miniature Fenway and I love MiLB

MiLB is a better product, tbh. The majors game right now is so 3 outcome and there's still lots of small ball and errors and whatnot in the minors.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

once in a generation talent.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

As much as I wanted him on the dodgers he's built for the AL and it's fun to watch. Too bad he has to be on such a trash team.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

If you like baseball, I highly recommend this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHmnWc2sysc

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I'm an AL guy the DH is a straight up improvement, but then again I watched prime David Ortiz every night for years so I'm very biased.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Miscellaneous thoughts:
Shohei rules
lolPirates
lolOrioles
We are absolutely getting a lockout next year, enjoy this while you have it

My Nats thoughts are just we suck right now But I got to go to a championship parade And it was after Bryce left, so whatever good happens from here is just a bonus to the ride

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

If you like baseball, I highly recommend this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHmnWc2sysc

(technically football but) Jon Bois is cool as gently caress

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I hate watching baseball but I like looking at stats because I'm a dumb nerd who likes having convos with my dad about how much better Buster Posey is this year

Zisky
May 6, 2003

One swing from pinch hitter Austin Barnes ties it up in the bottom of the 9th with two outs.

Smdh at people that don't like baseball.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Any baseball player born after 1993 can't hit. All they know is strikeout, home run, eat steroid, and lie

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

loving everyone on my fantasy team seems to have either forgotten how to hit the baseball or stupidly injured themselves or caught covid or all three

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Baseball is good as hell, I used to work for a stats analytics company (AMA!) but I have almost completely checked out due to a combination of the powers that be trying to wreck the game with dumb poo poo like free baserunners in extra innings, messing with the ball to the point where there's a no-hitter every week now, loving around with COVID last season, and the Tigers being absolutely godawful again

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if they're going to do something stupid like free baserunners after the 9th inning why not at least make it fun like if it's tied after 9 innings the game is decided by a home run contest

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zisky posted:

as a cubs fan, this is simultaneously the funniest and dumbest play I've ever watched

El Mago owns

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

refs are baseball cops and have been doing a particularly bad job this year and at points it feels like it's on purpose

Zisky
May 6, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

refs are baseball cops and have been doing a particularly bad job this year and at points it feels like it's on purpose

The strike zone is beyond the plate this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zisky posted:

The strike zone is beyond the plate this season.

or sometimes a postage stamp

And gently caress joe west