Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Oh Don Piano posted:

MORE LIKE JOHN DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But his name is not Johnathan Richard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

lmao at all the teenagers

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Waffle! posted:

I like the part when John Wick shoots the guy.
Good news! It's been done already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MrnAJsxL8c

Late on this but Yes, now this is entertainment. Thank you

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Let's see, it's too unrealistic, so we have to make the guns less accurate, prone to jamming, less head shots, less lethality, more randomness and slow paced standoffs.
Also John would likely die multiple times in one movie alone, so we'll need more of just a 'general good guy' team, but they'd need funding for all their guns, so that'd probably have to be, like I dunno, let's call them The Police, like the band, that'd be fun.
Ok, so now we have life like shoot outs that don't go anywhere between criminals and the police.
Now what, OH, they shouldn't fight over gold dubloons at a hotel, that's ridiculous as well said the goons, that's too far out there. What do people like? I dunno, drugs? Actual money? I guess? But no one really has like, huge sacks of cash, so I guess it'd probably be drugs. That makes sense. Ok.
Also you probably wouldn't really get into THAT many gun fights, people would get mad.

So we need slower paced, more realistic, less deadly and far less frequent shoot outs between the police and the bad guys over some drugs that don't really resolve anything. Check. Anything else?
Intermissions so that you and the characters can all go take a poo poo, let's say 3, each movie, 10-12 minutes long to make sure everyone wraps it up. Also the bad guys never win or come close to it really once they engage like this in real life so we have to make that clear from the get go. Ok?

Alright, so, we start each movie off with a crawl explicitly stating that crime never pays and that the police will disrupt major criminal activities. And then we get slow, plodding, only-semi-dangerous, very infrequent gun fights that everyone knows the ending to between 10-20 minutes of dead air.

What can I say gentlemen, these goons can REALLY make a movie!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

GolfHole posted:

Chad Stahelski i'm calling you out for being the worst director of all time. uwe boll is a better director than you. your characters are trash. there is more life in the carebears than there are in any of your pretend people. you have bad sensibilities and preferences. you are barqs root beer personified.

im honestly amazed people like these piece of poo poo john wick / nobody movies so much

the action is lovely and nowhere close to realistic
the denoument is always underwhelming and exclusively propelled by macguffin plot elements
the climax is predictable and asinine
the characters are unbelievable and boring baring revenge fantasy violence

i think they are some of the worst films i have ever seen, in my life, and zardoz is legitimately leaps better
yet they're rated 90%+ by viewers like you

long story short: whats a matter for you?????????????????????

It's just because keanu reeves is getting me sprung. He has sad eyes and a gun. No comment on odenkrik.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

always laughing when i see thinly veiled subjective takes from people with bad taste passed off as something to be taken seriously as gospel

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Waterbed Wendy posted:

It's just because keanu reeves is getting me sprung. He has sad eyes and a gun. No comment on odenkrik.
Just for fun if you ever see social media putting him up on a pedestal as one of the great actors of our time, just spam clips from Much Ado About Nothing or Dracula.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

This is you, op. Except instead of packages it's John Wick movies.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Just for fun if you ever see social media putting him up on a pedestal as one of the great actors of our time, just spam clips from Much Ado About Nothing or Dracula.

Oh my god Much Ado About Nothing was so bad! Holy poo poo

Best Keanu movie all time is The matrix followed very closely by that spongebob movie from last year.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Oh my god Much Ado About Nothing was so bad! Holy poo poo

Best Keanu movie all time is The matrix followed very closely by that spongebob movie from last year.

the best keanu movie was point break. Actually

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

john wick? more like bad blade

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

GolfHole posted:

john wick? more like bad blade

op what are the best action movies in your opinion

so i know what to avoid :twisted:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

the best keanu movie was point break. Actually

Let me break your point here and say no matrix defined a genre and was one of the most influential pieces of media to come out of the 90s. Point Break is a dad movie for Sundays when it's too rainy to bbq.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Let me break your point here and say no matrix defined a genre and was one of the most influential pieces of media to come out of the 90s. Point Break is a dad movie for Sundays when it's too rainy to bbq.

well guess what wendy!!! its loving raining outside right now

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I know you want to put on point break rn, dad, but you gotta listen to me. Put on the SpongeBob movie instead, it's got more drama and gravitas.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
jose probed the op so lets try and guess what the top 5 action movies are according to A Dipshit:

1) rubber
2) the tree of life
3) cloud atlas

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

We're not watching SpongeBob I SAID.
We can either put on Point Break or you can leave golf on but we're not putting on that loving sponge and his weird rear end lover, Starfish or whatever the hell.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

We're not watching SpongeBob I SAID.
We can either put on Point Break or you can leave golf on but we're not putting on that loving sponge and his weird rear end lover, Starfish or whatever the hell.

Aardvark! posted:

jose probed the op so lets try and guess what the top 5 action movies are according to A Dipshit:

1) rubber
2) the tree of life
3) cloud atlas

4) cool world
5) crash

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
-a bunch of samurai poo poo from the 60s

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
-bloodsport except fast-forwarded TO the boring parts

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
-die hard 2 but NOT die hard 1 or 3

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

-bloodsport except fast-forwarded TO the boring parts

lol

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Die Hard 4
Die Hard 5
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Matrix Revolutions
Mission Impossible 2
The Bourne Legacy
Terminator Genisys
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Transformers 2: Revenge of the WGA

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

sure okay posted:

Die Hard 4
Die Hard 5
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Matrix Revolutions
Mission Impossible 2
The Bourne Legacy
Terminator Genisys
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Transformers 2: Revenge of the WGA

man the OP is a real piece of poo poo

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Godzilla (1998)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
op: Let's watch The Transporter!
me: sick, I love jason statham
op: Who?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Action movie no one talks about:

Princess mononoke

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Animatrix

I don't need another 4 to fill out the list. Thank you.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I bet the op considers Scott Pilgrim an action movie

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Waterbed Wendy posted:

4) cool world

Maaaan, Cool World was such a weird, hosed up movie.

sure okay posted:

Terminator Genisys

Couple years ago, the TV was just on, and I walked in on this playing, and I legit thought it was a MADE-FOR-TV movie, like for the Sci-Fi channel or some poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Aardvark! posted:

man the OP is a real piece of poo poo

i didn't read past the op but i read enopugh to know to punish them

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Aardvark! posted:

1) rubber
2) the tree of life
3) cloud atlas

That movie Powder cause it got that honkey runnin' in a field.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Literally A Person posted:

That movie Powder cause it got that honkey runnin' in a field.

is that the movie where the mom gets hit in the head by a fly ball and dies instantly? because that scene has stuck with me for years but i have no idea what it's from and I've decided it's probably that movie

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Aardvark! posted:

is that the movie where the mom gets hit in the head by a fly ball and dies instantly? because that scene has stuck with me for years but i have no idea what it's from and I've decided it's probably that movie

That sounds right.......................................

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

Powder? More like Pow Her (the mom)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think that's Field of Dreams, which is also an excellent action flick. Keven Costner adrift in a cornfield, with only the ghosts of old men to keep him company until he can finally tell his dad that he's gay. So beautiful.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Powder? More like Pow Her (the mom)

Legitimate, notorized lol.

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

I loving hate Common so much. That guy is movie poison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU