Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Shut up idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AHH F/UGH posted:

John Wick more like John Wicker Man because AAHHH THE BEES!!! hjahaha

i wish the Op would get wicker manned

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

GolfHole posted:

the thing that pisses me off is that you can compare any of them to a better movie and see how much the thing falls apart

like eastern promises has an actual plot and layering of characters
blue ruin has an equally unrealistic plot but bothers to put something identifiable in its antihero so it feels real
even a history of violence puts a sex scene in there

john wick / nobody guy gets real mad about a dog or bracelet or whatever. ohg also hes ex "super duper" secret agent with all the things they need all the time, but don't worry about that part

its never anything more
and theres never any more to it beyond shots of objects you dont think are going to enter someones body entering someone's body

the korean ones are good

im not reading any of that bro go back to cd

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ok i read it and now im actually more mad. gently caress u op.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
plz reboot the blockbuster video subforum under gbs so i can banish the op from there

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
John wick rolling up to one of those HUNDRED MAN GANGBANG film shoots and just fuckin blastin

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
id like to petition to be in John Wick as well :q:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Johnny Aztec posted:

Make a Time Traveling John Wick movie, for an excuse to dress Keanu up in alot of period costumes, and have him fight with various melee weapons, like halberds.

they'd probably waste 2/3rds of the movie in Persia. Should definitely have him fighting pirates on ships. turning a cannon around on a guy, constantly ditching single shot pistols. now that'd be a good movie. and guess what: it doesn't matter at all why he's doing it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the movie should just open with him at the hotel or w/e telling the elevator guy to take him to the chronomancy suite. he then loads up a katana and some ninja stars and walks through a door labeled "Feudal Japan". he then starts killing people for the next 2 hrs periodically leaving portals and getting different loadouts from some character actor that calls him Sir and asks him poo poo like "Will Sir have the bastard sword, or the claymore?" and John Wick takes one and does cool martial arts with it to test the balance before saying "Both"

and that's the entire movie, no plot

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Caesar Saladin posted:

itd be badass, thats what it would be

Yup

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Orange Carlisle posted:

not to get too wild but you could just not watch them and watch a movie in a genre that you actually like

im sure they love action movies but only ones from 1970s Japan or something

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I watched a movie last night that sounded from the description like it would cool movie but it was actually 20 minutes of things happening, all of the action happens off screen, and the remaining hour is the main character experiencing PTSD in various places. Perhaps the OP would prefer that instead?

"You Were Never Really Here"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it was kind of like if Taxi Driver was made again but not nearly as well. and then they advertised it like it was Oldboy or something lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Oh my god Much Ado About Nothing was so bad! Holy poo poo

Best Keanu movie all time is The matrix followed very closely by that spongebob movie from last year.

the best keanu movie was point break. Actually

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

GolfHole posted:

john wick? more like bad blade

op what are the best action movies in your opinion

so i know what to avoid :twisted:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Let me break your point here and say no matrix defined a genre and was one of the most influential pieces of media to come out of the 90s. Point Break is a dad movie for Sundays when it's too rainy to bbq.

well guess what wendy!!! its loving raining outside right now

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
jose probed the op so lets try and guess what the top 5 action movies are according to A Dipshit:

1) rubber
2) the tree of life
3) cloud atlas

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
-a bunch of samurai poo poo from the 60s

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
-bloodsport except fast-forwarded TO the boring parts

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
-die hard 2 but NOT die hard 1 or 3

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

sure okay posted:

Die Hard 4
Die Hard 5
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Matrix Revolutions
Mission Impossible 2
The Bourne Legacy
Terminator Genisys
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Transformers 2: Revenge of the WGA

man the OP is a real piece of poo poo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
op: Let's watch The Transporter!
me: sick, I love jason statham
op: Who?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Literally A Person posted:

That movie Powder cause it got that honkey runnin' in a field.

is that the movie where the mom gets hit in the head by a fly ball and dies instantly? because that scene has stuck with me for years but i have no idea what it's from and I've decided it's probably that movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

does point break exist in the john wickiverse

oh yeah it's obvious. the clues are all there. Hell, he didn't even change his first name