Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Great idea for marketing the old horse head Pistons throwbacks

"There's No I n Teal" "Detrot Pstons" "Establshed 1949"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
From Cavs beat reporter Terry Pluto, possibly trying to depress free agent market, possibly true

Two NBA people I respect suggest the Cavs trade Sexton. One likes him a lot, one is lukewarm. But their point is the team should only sign Allen (a restricted free agent) to a $100 million deal. Because of the Love contract, the Cavs can’t pay Allen and Sexton tons of cash without crushing the salary cap.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

Yeah Richardson seems to be like crowder where he needs a real system to thrive

Richardson was great in Miami, fantastic even, philadelphia played him in an entirely different role and he sucked. I wish I watched enough mavs games to say what they did with him to decide wether he was misued or just a Fluke guy when he cant get the sweet Miami EPO

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Pasting from nv since nobody's interested in the lowly Cavs

Cavs Free Agency Targets

Any potential free agency list should start with Indiana’s T.J. McConnell and Los Angeles pest Alex Caruso. Both are Cavs targets. Both fit really well. Some prefer Caruso. He’s younger, bigger, stronger and can guard multiple spots. Others like McConnell more. Even though he doesn’t shoot many 3s, he’s more polished, capable of filling in as starter, puts pressure on the rim and was the league’s total steals leader.

The Cavs might also be looking for another center. Isaiah Hartenstein, who arrived in the JaVale McGee deal with Denver, has a player option. Sources expect him to exercise that and become a free agent. Hartenstein, who made the minimum this past season, likes it in Cleveland. But he boosted his value over the final few months and opting in would make him underpaid at $1.7 million. Hartenstein’s preference, according to sources, is to renegotiate a more lucrative long-term deal, staying with the Cavs as Allen’s backup.

-- Chris Fedor of Cleveland Plain Dealer
Other Cavs stuff via Kibner
Josh Hart wants to leave New Orleans, he could join his friend Lurry Nance in Cleveland.

This is going to be a very underwhelming summer for straight free agency. I think something crazy will happen because it always seems to be when no deals are straightforwardly possible. Hartenstein has a future.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jun 13, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Mavericks really need to start hitting on draft picks if they ever want a chance of contending with Luka, so getting rid of Donny nelson is smart

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
According to NBA insider Marc J. Spears, the 31-year-old point guard will most likely be moved by the Thunder. He thinks that the Los Angeles Lakers should try to get him. Spears also revealed that Kyle Kuzma appears to be leaving the 2020 NBA champions.

ESPNinsider easily beaten to the punch by SARicksider, Rick

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Collin, your hair is in the way of your natural shooting motion.

May be getting traded an ending up as a sixth man will help him realize that

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Athanatos posted:

If you dig X's and O's talk, the Pacers best reporter dropped an article where she talks about how Carlisle's playbook can help the Pacers not be rear end:

https://www.indycornrows.com/2021/6/27/22551190/how-rick-carlisles-playbook-fits-the-pacers

It's pretty great just from a basketball read, not just boring Pacers stuff.

That’s great, I wish there was more of this stuff

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah their injury issues were pretty bad. Couple that with losing almost every decent big man in the prior off-season, it's not surprising they struggled.

Plus they were in Tampa, which is where I've been staying in hotels for the last 2 months. Not a place for peak performance. Not a place for much of anything except headquartering insurance companies for tax reasons

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

The clippers are real good and I think them or the nets are the "actual" best teams but I don't think the nets are ever going to actually be healthy (they might still win out even if not though).

Soaking of Nets, does Blake get a new contract next year? What does that look like?

I would be shocked if he gets more than mid-level exception, because the Pistons are still paying him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I meant mid-level exception is an absolute ceiling, like there’s no way any team would give him more money than that, the 5 million or $3 million deal is so much more likely

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I thought Collins was basically a guarantee to walk for some reason. Wasn’t there a bunch of smoke about Atlanta not wanting to pay him?

You’re probably right in any case

If the hawks renounce everyone this summer, (they won't) they have 33m in cap space. But there's no one to sign with that money. And they don't have much to trade unless they want to hollow out the team that just got to the conference finals. I assume they re-sign him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd just seen it, my bad!

What's the story with this Sengun guy?

Check the draft thread, we've been posting about him over the last few days

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Theres no need for hyperbole. Shes very good. Shes not the best drivbler on planet earth. We should respect what things are without having to imagine them as something theyre not.

Victor is too much. The victor tanking will be egregious

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vinestalk posted:

I don't think she's getting any more or less hype than other young dribbling phenoms like Jordan McCabe. I think all the tweets and clips are just appreciation of someone who's doing cool things in life.

Yeah it's just me being cranky about how language is used on the internet

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
That's definitely what I said. Youre all a bunch of doodoo heads

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Detroit Mercy legend Willie Green could be the Pels next coach. Longtime Bud assistant Charles Lee is also in contention

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2021/07/05/pelicans-head-coach-rumors-willie-green-charles-lee-fred-vinson/

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article252679788.html
Just some Duncan Robinson musing, again sourced to JJ Redick's podcast. Why is that the number one soft news destination for nba players?

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 12, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Marc Stein is saying LeBron and AD plan to play the 4 and 5 respectively more this year, so the Lakers are going to go after a playmaker and for some reason they think Lonzo Ball is a playmaker so they are going after him.

The Lonzo stuff seems pretty ludicrous but Stein usually is pretty good at Lakers free agency news when he does report on it.

Nothing about Lonzo's game makes sense with Lebron. Not a real pg, only a transition passer, can't break down defenses, not a great catch and shoot player, not a great defender. I guess he's a good guard rebounder. The lakers would be better off with Josh Hart than Lonzo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

LeBron is gonna have the ball like 90% of the time he's on the floor no matter what he says he's going to do or how much he demands more playmaking so Lonzo is probably fine as a 3 and D spot up guy. I am unclear how they are planning to pay him though

He's a good defender and shoots over 40% on catch and shoot 3s. That's the only shot he can make. His problem is that he can't dribble or shoot off the dribble at all but that doesn't really matter if LeBron is on the court

I'll let Kibner explain his catch and shoot problems so I look less foolish

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Darvin teaches young players how to throw poo poo down

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
As much as Ingram doesn't move the needle, finding big wings is one of the hardest things for teams to do. Unless they grab someone they really trust as a replacement, I don't think they're going to part with him.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kirios posted:

Wait why are y'all so down on Ingram? He's a solid #2 option. If you need good guard play for him and Zion (definitely agree on that) then you find or sign a good distributor. You don't even need a great one! Someone like a Conley as an example. That's much easier to find than someone with Ingram's skill set. You trade him away you basically guarantee Zion's not sticking around longer than he has to.

We're down on Ingram because he is what he is, a small forward who can get 20 points a game without really doing much for you. He eats up usage that would otherwise go to worse guys, but that's about it. He's probably the median starting SF right now.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kirios posted:

Ouch that seems unfair - you make him sound like he's Wiggins or something. Well agree to disagree - if the Pelicans go hard after Conley in the offseason I think they can surprise a lot of people like the Suns this year.

It's funny you say that, they ended up neck in neck in RPM for sfs, in what was an absolute career year for wiggins. However they were mirror images, ingram's positive impact was all on offense, wiggins's was all on defense now that he's become a swing 3/4 defense first guy with draymond moving him around like the knight on the chessboard.

He was more like a mid tier backup impact wise before.

Ingram really does need to improve his defense, I'm just not sure he can. If he was a net 0 defender he'd be much more worthy of the contract he wants.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Conley is going back to Utah

Those stats are a lot worse at measuring individual defense than they are offense

Defense in general has all sorts of network effects built in, and the top teams of o/d on RPM would show weak guys as much stronger than you think, that's true, but as a rule of thumb, balance of guesses sort of thing, I think it's fair enough. From what I saw of wiggins this year he was producing on defense and not doing much on offense

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I’m going to have to question any formula that puts Jarret Allen, a legit room protector, under Andre Drummond, who doesn’t do anything but offensive of rebound and catch lobs, And gently caress up trying to post up.

Richaun might be The unquestioned master of the scoop shot, but I would much rather have Jarret Allen’s defense than Richuan’s lack of.

Edit drat what’s with iPhones capitalizing random words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Veryslightlymad posted:

He was right.

You know how sometimes people get in the MIP discussion and all that they did was double their minutes, and you're like, "yeah. Of course your stats are better. You're playing twice as often." Well, Grant had his minutes increased and almost doubled his usage. So yeah, of course he looks better than last year on a superficial level. The team is deliberately running the lion's share of their possessions through him, which of course Denver didn't do because it's a bad idea. There's a lot of reasons why the Pistons were bad, but "We believe Jeremi Grant can be the best player on a team" is one of the top three.

He was a very good first option good scorer from three levels, And that was on a team with a bunch of No hopers, reclamation projects, rookies, andthird point guards getting the shot to play with the first unit, and a plumlee. I have no complaints.

If the pelicans called Detroit today, and said we will give you Ingram and a protected first for Grant, the Pistons would say no. I think that’s a no for about any small forward in the league who isn’t already a multi time all NBA.

I think when they have cade, healthy killian, and a stronger rotation, Grant will be able to play more defense, And he gives them the thing that rebuilding teams are often chasing for years with no hope. We get to hear regularly from lock back how nice it is to have loving Harrison Barnes at that position. I have no complaints about Mr. Grant. He also doesn’t play the same position as Victor, so if God smiles on Detroit no worries about that

Oh and morestuff, you’re right sorry that’s what I get for scrolling up from the last post, dizzied

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 16, 2021