Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
With the arrival of the 'yoffs, comes the departure of the teams that couldn't cut it. RIP to some real ones. To our tankers too poo poo to qualify. To our Play-In playoff-posers who left us too soon. And to the ones who sabotaged their chances of getting a lottery pick in order to lose in the first round.

This is a refuge for our gentleposters of teams bereft of playoff games. This is your safe space. Revel in a thread where you don't have to post in the looming shadow of LeBron or where you will be constantly reminded that your GM decided to NOT draft Luka Doncic.

What's your team gotta do to not suck so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Cinny Buns and Jayson Tatums are welcome

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome Wizards poster(s). At least you didn't get swept and, in so doing, you made the Philly faithful have another existential crisis in the first round.

Also, welcome to my Knicks posting pals. At least you won a playoff game at the Garden during a season when everyone thought you'd be battling for 9th place. Let's gracefully glide into off season together.

https://youtu.be/kvGE2jXLBAo

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome Grizz posters. As the octogenarian play-by-play commentators loved to repeat every 15mins, you have the 2nd youngest team in the NBA and you gave the best team in the league a real run for their money. No matter what, always remember:

https://twitter.com/CJMcCollum/status/1397774649665093634?s=20

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome Lakers and Blazers posting pals.

Blazers went up against an MVP after another bumpy season littered with injuries. It might be time for change but there's no shame losing to Nikola Jokic when he puts up those kinda stat lines.

Oof. Lakers fans. It's tough to not mention the short break and injuries and everything else that built up to this. Take solace in the fact that next season will be better because LeBron's not gonna let this happen again. Schroeder's insta is proof of that.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome Mavs posters. You took the Western Conference super team to 7 games and Luka demonstrated that he's capable of being this generation's greatest player. It's rough losing when you're so close to the next round but When you have one young player capable of carrying a whole team that far, there's a lot to look forward to.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome, Denver fans. It's bittersweet getting an MVP but losing in the playoffs, but we all know this is a different series with Jamal Murray. It's always tough saying "next season," after all the things this team has been through but Denver is legitimately a contender every year Jokic is on the team. It's just a matter of finding the right pieces around him and staying healthy.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome Jazz fans. This team came through a tough first round that's undersold but it's 4-1 outcome. They were battered and bruised which led to the tough series they had against the clips. It took ungodly performances from the unlikeliest of sources to overcome the best shooters in the league. This season will be a big "what if," for the Jazz but we all know Mitchell is going to come back even harder next year.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome Nets fans. It's a rough way to go out, but during an injury plagued season you had your talisman player show that his injury with GS is far behind him. Much like the Jazz, there are a lot of what ifs this season. But there is no denying the Nets are probably the favorites to come out of the East next season and KD showed why.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Metapod posted:

Yes someone trade for kemba and give us a big

The Lakers have one Andre Drummond...

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

coming to the devastating realization that realistically the bulls should try to sign cameron payne or derrick rose

How much has being a bulls fan these past couple years just felt like groundhogs day?

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome Sixers fans. Look, it's easy to be dejected after continually knocking on the door for as long as this team has and losing in game 7. You as fans have been through some bad poo poo for years and years. But, sometimes it takes a moment like this one to realize that you have to change something to get back to the good poo poo. You were the top seed in the East and you have an MVP caliber player in Embiid. It's time to find the right players to bring around him to make the next step forward.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Lockback posted:

The "Attemping to diagnose a person playing sports with a mental disease" thing is getting kinda gross

I think my diagnosis of Focal Basketball Benjamin Button Disease wrt his shooting followed all the necessary criteria

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Welcome Clippers fans. It's always rough when your marquee player gets injured. Even more so when it's a player that has historically carried much worse teams to a championship. While it might be tumultuous now, at least Paul George showed what he was capable of when there was no one else to carry the team. Much like so many other juggernauts from the west, next year will be different.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

You think this clippers team, healthy, was better than the Beautiful Game Spurs or the Raptors? I think the first would gently caress them up and the latter would be a pretty even series

I was calling this year's Utah, Denver, and Lakers teams juggernauts and lumping the Clippers with them. All western teams, all had an injured star, and all teams you wouldn't be surprised if they won the final against whoever comes out of the East.

I think just about any of those teams could have beat the championship raptors, and I agree it would be close, but I'm too dumb to speculate how they'd do against the Spurs.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
What was cooked about him? He's not jumping over a Kia Blake, but he was legit defending against Giannis, dunking, and still able to shoot some 3s. This is the best he's looked in years.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I know I'm late to the post and the hallmark tier welcome posts are probably whatever for almost everybody, but Welcome Hawks fans.

Trae young is a ridiculously good player and he is not the only young, ridiculously good player in Atlanta. I'm not even worried about shooting foul rule changes because Trae is too smart to let those hold him back. This team is fun and one of the most entertaining in the league. Losing this close to the finals is always going to hurt but this team was 18-27 before Nate took over and there is no reason to believe this hawks team couldn't be the "Bubble Suns," of the East.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I hope we see a YouTube video in a year or two where she crosses Curry at a kids summer camp

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Theres no need for hyperbole. Shes very good. Shes not the best drivbler on planet earth. We should respect what things are without having to imagine them as something theyre not.

Victor is too much. The victor tanking will be egregious

I don't think she's getting any more or less hype than other young dribbling phenoms like Jordan McCabe. I think all the tweets and clips are just appreciation of someone who's doing cool things in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I feel ya, and it's a fair observation that stuff like Twitter/insta/tiktok lend themselves to hyperbole