Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the spurs need to tear down and actually rebuild. no more demar derozan, no more rudy gay, sell off poeltl for whatever you can get for him, bottom out and start fresh. it was a really, really good run, and now it's done. popovich should start thinking about his retirement, not because he's lost a step, but because he's 72 years old and he buried his wife recently.

it's also time to figure out who's worth keeping and building around and who should get shipped off for assets. i love lonnie walker, but it's time to see if he can handle an nba scoring load. dejounte murray: is he a future star? why else would someone vandalize his wikipedia page? same with keldon johnson, and also getting more minutes for devin vassell.

priorities are grabbing an actual center and figuring out if the team wants to run 4-out lineups for the rest of eternity or if they want more size to compete with the mavericks and the lakers.

it sucks though, the spurs are a boring team to watch and i dunno if a casual fan could name 3 non-derozan players on the roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

i think utah's bigger problem is bringing in perimeter defenders and potentially a smaller/quicker backup for rudy that would allow them to match up more effectively with small ball teams which would be hard to fit in under the cap but idk that's just me

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

larry brown has done nothing but basketball since he was like 6

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

a rare dub for morey on twitter

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

sga is not going anywhere and he triple especially isn’t going to fuckin toronto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

the thing with “oh he just doubled his minutes and he doubled his stats bing bang boom” is that his efficiency didn’t fall off a cliff which indicates he can handle an increased scoring load and time on the floor without falling apart. he’s not a #1 option but you can put him around some elite guys and he’d be a great third or fourth option on a contender

basketball is not played in a vacuum or on a spreadsheet; guys have to actually Do the Thing instead of having their output extrapolated statistically. bird in the hand and all that