Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Why isn’t he tossing that fish into the cooler? Ah wait never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I suspect that if the offensive foul rule changes end up being enforced this could have been the peak for this hawks team but who knows.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I thought Collins was basically a guarantee to walk for some reason. Wasn’t there a bunch of smoke about Atlanta not wanting to pay him?

You’re probably right in any case

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I don’t think so I just distinctly recall some articles implying they didn’t think he’s worth maxing out

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Lot of takeaways from the finals and playoffs in general.

In general This team took a huge leap forward and up until the finals Monty Williams adjusted extremely well through some very difficult circumstances against tough teams. A lot of the decisions he made in the finals seemed puzzling to me. Specifically in tonight’s game I didn’t like seeing cam Payne riding Pine for pretty much the entire second half. I know as things tighten up teams start tightening their rotations but Torrey Craig and cam Payne needed more minutes in the finals IMO. Mikal bridges was ineffective on offense. He was great when defending anybody but Khris Middleton as usual but by game four defenders were sagging off for good reason. Would have liked to see more of torrey and cam Johnson spelling him.

Chris Paul has made this team way better. He had some stinkers here and there through the playoffs but played great tonight. If he opts out on his option year I hope Sarver ponies up.

Ayton had three incredible series in a row and one that was really rough at the end. He was great when he stuck in his lane but I don’t think he can be that guy who is, haha, DOMINAYTON when it comes to physical paint play. The suns would do well to try and find a goon to bang bodies in spot minutes. Preferably not Alex len.

Booker is a star but he fell flat tonight. He had three incredible games and two bombs in this series and he’s still 24. I’m not worried about him at all, I fully expect to see this team back making a deep run next year.

My main hopes for the off-season would be to see cam Payne and Cp3 reupped. Dario saric will be unavailable and Jalen smith need to put on weight if he’s going to back up Ayton. Kaminsky is fine in spot time but we can’t rely on him for big minutes. Cam Johnson needs to see more time split with Jae crowder. I hated the Jae signing because it’s taken minutes away from Cam but he needs to develop defensively a little more before I think we could move on from Jae.

Overall I’m thrilled with how this team played aside from the last four games. The west is a grind so who knows what the future holds but the future is very bright for this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

DeimosRising posted:

My only disagreement with Thrilla is I think Ayton can be that guy, he definitely got schemed out this series but I think he’s smart enough to learn to learn from that and comeback better. The games the Suns won were the games where he was involved on offense and putting his body to Giannis, and I think he and the coaches csn learn how to make that happen every game. For me that’s the development the Suns have to see to get back here

I hope you’re right! But the pattern over his career so far is that he settles for soft hook shots or midrange pullups if he is getting too much body put on him on either end of the court. And he’s a decent shooter so it’s not as bad of a habit as it could be, but it definitely needs work. He’s still young.

I’m really happy that the suns are good again. It’s nice not hating all of our players. Shout out Eric bledsoe