Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

biggest pop from me was Sting countering into the reverse DDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I'm thinking about the Chair Dimension

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

And drat, I forgot - I went from "Who the gently caress is that?" to "This guy fucken rules" in under a minute on Lio Rush! Where's he from? Was this a decent sample of his whole deal?

Also, I really liked seeing who the crowd loved! I wasn't sure if Hangman was still going to be mega-over. Good to see he was. It feels like people absolutely love hating Britt, and also cheering her.

He was on WWE for a while and they treated him like absolute poo poo.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

OB_Juan posted:

And drat, I forgot - I went from "Who the gently caress is that?" to "This guy fucken rules" in under a minute on Lio Rush! Where's he from? Was this a decent sample of his whole deal?

he was in WWE for a hot second like two years ago until he quit because veterans thought it was cool to make young boys carry their luggage and do their errands and he wasn't okay with being treated like a literal slave

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

I'm thinking about the Hellshake Yano Chair Dimension Lair

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Did Lio and Mark Henry ever kiss and make up?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the most pleasantly surprising pop was for Max Caster imo

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The emotional moment just before the women’s title match: Shida getting glassy-eyed and Baker fighting to stay Stone-faced was so impactful to me. And Tony coming over just to give Baker a heartfelt hug. gently caress, that was so good.

It was more impactful that how Belair and Banks acted, fight me on it I do not care.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man that ending was a seriously awesome moment with everyone in the ring pumped up as the camera panned around the crowd singing. Whoever said it feels like the start of a new generation is right. Like this was episode one of a new season. I think they hit a grand slam tonight.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

OB_Juan posted:

he's been doing a lot of GCW matches recently and some work for new japan. he also dressed up like spider-man in a superhero themed match for AAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZNQQk33dG8

e: with brian cage as thanos and i forget who the other 2 were, i think daga was captain america and venom was...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I was grinning like an idiot when Mox got to use the shoe after the ref confiscated the other.
Every single weapon Jericho got to use against MJF just got me going too. It was the dumbest most amazing thing I'd seen.
Until the chair lair of course.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo I thought the pop for Jungle Boy coming out for the Battle Royale was big, then he won it and god drat!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Chair Dimension is when I realized "Oh, this is SAMMY's show"

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Duke Pukem posted:

biggest pop from me was Sting countering into the reverse DDT

I noticed this pop especially. just from I think the surprise factor of him reversing into the move so quickly. one of the cooler pops of the night for sure

me too. that was so weird and yet so wonderful

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Penguin Patrol posted:

yo in my discord group i was READY for Caster to be the 5th guy in the first suite and when he came out I lost my fuckin mind.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would have changed two things with the battle royal:

1)No nap spot for Christian. That said, I do think he might have tweaked something when he took that run in chop block to the back of the leg.

2)Have Lio Rush come in earlier. The Joker shouldn't be cemented to come in last. Give him more time to show off if you're bringing him in.

That's about it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Penguin Patrol posted:

he's been doing a lot of GCW matches recently and some work for new japan. he also dressed up like spider-man in a superhero themed match for AAA

e: with brian cage as thanos and i forget who the other 2 were, i think daga was captain america and venom was...

venom was Black Taurus

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
lio rush is a strong candidate for most recent young talent wwe has entirely wasted

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's gauche to vote for yourself

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Penguin Patrol posted:

This except it wasn't surprising :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TOP TEN BABY

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

flatluigi posted:

lio rush is a strong candidate for most recent young talent wwe has entirely wasted

he had no chance, they only want big guys and thus make everyone look average by comparison (i.e. Miro, Brodie Lee)

Lio Rush is S M A L L

not even WWE small, hes loving tiny by all standards. Rey Mysterio is one of the greatest luchadors of all time and even WWE never really gave him a true chance over 20 years because small.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
My wife had Jungle Boy winning the Battle Royale and I had Christian. That was an honest tense 5 minutes for us.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Okay I thought I recognized her.

Also drat.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

thanks for the work you do to organize these!

high five Fushin!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lmao

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The only thing unrealistic about that part was the lighting. Arenas really do just have places where they stack as many chairs as possible.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Chair dimension

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

I turned the corner from "10 was an over gimmick and Spears has done nothing for me" to "okay unhinged Spears in the Chair Dimension is sports entertaining"

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The chants of ‘you’ve still got it’ for Sting nearly brought a tear to my eye because you know that had to be nearly overwhelming to Sting

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

For a dude to still have it at 62 is nuts.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Coolness Averted posted:

I was grinning like an idiot when Mox got to use the shoe after the ref confiscated the other.

Diors-Day Device was an inspired call

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Comoroto's jecket throw was one of the low-key great moments

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

zgrowler2 posted:

I turned the corner from "10 was an over gimmick and Spears has done nothing for me" to "okay unhinged Spears in the Chair Dimension is sports entertaining"

When he called Sammy a "son of a bitch" right before Sammy slammed his face into a chair was an awesome moment

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Sugar Blaster posted:

he was in WWE for a hot second like two years ago until he quit because veterans thought it was cool to make young boys carry their luggage and do their errands and he wasn't okay with being treated like a literal slave

CJTheran posted:

He was on WWE for a while and they treated him like absolute poo poo.

Penguin Patrol posted:

I think I can afford to have another favorite.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

OB_Juan posted:

If you want a good sample of what Lio can do, MLW has featured him a lot recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbFDHC_6bw8 (starts around 34 minutes)

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 31, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
wtf is a Chair Dimension it was a Chair Lair

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

fez_machine posted:

wtf is a Chair Dimension it was a Chair Lair
well poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

When Santana attacked Tully, I was sure we were going to find out that Tully had bladed.