Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
Laughing at the fact that the dude who is roughing the announcer, with the catchphrase about death, who walks around backstage putting people through the ceiling, is the guy wrestling face in the match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
D
M
D

First half of that match seemed off, but the back half was 100% gold

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
Thank you Shida chant :3:

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
Jesus loving christ darby

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
What the gently caress ios going on in this match

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
I'm hooting like a loving baboon at hands in pockets counter

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
Jesus loving christ, that's on a personal top 10 best list

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
As someone who thinks Sami is the most punchable human to have ever lived

That was the perfect ending

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

legit the greatest ppv i've ever seen

Agreed. The heels that needed to win won, the faces that needed to win won, everyone is better for being on it, I've seen several spots I've never seen before, it's amazing, and most importantly the crowd goes home happy. An overall amazing PPV.

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

beggar posted:

Floored that nobody took a pool bump

They're gonna have access to this resource year over year over year, no need to burn everything out up front.

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010
The worst match of the night was a 21 man battle royal with several high spots, a surprise debut, and the right guy going over.

This legit is one of the best PPVs I've ever seen.

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

I feel the consideration there is Moxley's probably gonna be taking some time off soon so this is a good way to write him out for a little while.

But I do want Eddie to get a real solid solo push because THAT HEAT man.

Personally I think the real consideration is "tag teams are better than two solos we randomly paired up", ala the WWE formula of finding something for guys not in the main event picture to do.

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

graph posted:

im glad to have paid for another fantastic aew ppv

I've been a "wrestling fan" since like 2015 and have "paid" for two PPVs in that time, this AEW show and the last.

(I had a WWE Network account for a few years, but cancelled ages ago and $10 a month for network access ain't buying the PPV)

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

MotU posted:

mox and eddie are friends for a long time with history outside of and inside of AEW. like them tagging is a culmination of a story since eddie challenged mox they arent really randoms. like if it was mox and christian or something yeah but eddie and mox are a valid tag team

There's a difference between "guys who have been a tag team for ages" and "guys who have known each other for ages"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJTheran
Mar 31, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

And drat, I forgot - I went from "Who the gently caress is that?" to "This guy fucken rules" in under a minute on Lio Rush! Where's he from? Was this a decent sample of his whole deal?

Also, I really liked seeing who the crowd loved! I wasn't sure if Hangman was still going to be mega-over. Good to see he was. It feels like people absolutely love hating Britt, and also cheering her.

He was on WWE for a while and they treated him like absolute poo poo.