Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:madmax: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

How are u posted:

i went to check out the greyzone to see what the fuss was all about and holy loly they are absolutely insane people lmao

D&D morons need not post here.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

How are u posted:

i went to check out the greyzone to see what the fuss was all about and holy loly they are absolutely insane people lmao

Oh good, now I know it's worth checking out, thanks

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i have the same edition of red star over china

while there may not have been a warcrime at douma that logo certainly is

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

i assume libs are extremely mad because of who max's dad is
sidney blumenthal made some libs uncomfortable in the 90s because of how tenacious he was, since it conflicted with the liberal goldfish-bowl ideology that "we need good republicans." so max has that jedi energy but turned his powers against libs

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I will say that this one loving sucks. Craig Murray is a scumbag who shouldn't be trusted + has put his lot in with the fascists of the Alba Party

lmao that Brown Moses was dunked on like that tho, in any situation. gently caress Craig Murray and fucj him too

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

sidney blumenthal made some libs uncomfortable in the 90s because of how tenacious he was, since it conflicted with the liberal goldfish-bowl ideology that "we need good republicans." so max has that jedi energy but turned his powers against libs

Sidney was the main guy in the 08 Clinton campaign pushing the Obama birther theory which is extremely funny

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

indigi posted:

e: one of the nice things about the Grayzone is that when you go to their website there's no "allow cookies?" popup, no intrusive dialogue begging me "please disable your ad blocker" or "subscribe to our email list," no autoplaying videos or intrusive ads. based purely on UX they're the greatest media outlet in history

I didn't think those kinds of sites even existed anymore, good job

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

How are u posted:

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Blumenthal going to Nicaragua to report on the Guarimbas kidnapping Sandinistas to torture & murder them was great, because every useless piece of poo poo left wing academic had already bought into the lie that the government was massacring "peaceful protesters" and not handling a reactionary revolt with kid gloves.

AFAIK they never found out who was sniping people from the football stadium.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Blumenthal going to Nicaragua to report on the Guarimbas kidnapping Sandinistas to torture & murder them was great, because every useless piece of poo poo left wing academic had already bought into the lie that the government was massacring "peaceful protesters" and not handling a reactionary revolt with kid gloves.

Fun personal story, my mom actually met and got a photo with Daniel Ortega when she was in Nicaragua on a medical mission. She went there as a smart but fairly sheltered suburban type and came back a raging partisan for the Sandinistas. When I was 17 she told me that while she was in a small place called Bluefields the Contras killed four people who didn't have jackshit to do with anything, just a farmer and some fieldhands, and that's when she decided that the CIA could go gently caress itself.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lipstick Apathy

Zeroisanumber posted:

Fun personal story, my mom actually met and got a photo with Daniel Ortega when she was in Nicaragua on a medical mission. She went there as a smart but fairly sheltered suburban type and came back a raging partisan for the Sandinistas.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt5EYAAj4XA

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Fun personal story, my mom actually met and got a photo with Daniel Ortega when she was in Nicaragua on a medical mission. She went there as a smart but fairly sheltered suburban type and came back a raging partisan for the Sandinistas. When I was 17 she told me that while she was in a small place called Bluefields the Contras killed four people who didn't have jackshit to do with anything, just a farmer and some fieldhands, and that's when she decided that the CIA could go gently caress itself.

Cool mom.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jose posted:

mostly impressed he goes to latin america and the middle east because he looks like he should burst into flame on contact with the sun

Corbynism is now so widespread in C-SPAM a post likening a Jewish man to a literal vampire is completely glossed over by mods simply because he has a reasonable position on both sides of the Israel-Palestine conflict smh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

SplitSoul posted:

Corbynism is now so widespread in C-SPAM a post likening a Jewish man to a literal vampire is completely glossed over by mods simply because he has a reasonable position on both sides of the Israel-Palestine conflict smh

as i'm jewish its inherently antisemitic to probate me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SplitSoul posted:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

D&D morons need not post here.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I've really enjoyed his interview with both Maduro and Ortega. They don't get the same questions that the shithead CIA/State Department "journalists" constantly ask them and you tell they're very happy to be doing the interview.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

SplitSoul posted:

antisemitism means disagreeing with or making fun of any individual jewish person for any reason. any jewish person who makes fun of any other jewish person is obviously a self hating jew

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I've really enjoyed his interview with both Maduro and Ortega. They don't get the same questions that the shithead CIA/State Department "journalists" constantly ask them and you tell they're very happy to be doing the interview.

Got any links? I have the day off and wouldn't mind giving those a watch.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zeroisanumber posted:

Got any links? I have the day off and wouldn't mind giving those a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai_fCZ9slAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c93l9ddyI7I

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jose posted:

as i'm jewish its inherently antisemitic to probate me
as i'm german... *sweats profusely*

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

on most issues they're cool and good but they also take the tired line that Assad did nothing wrong.

so on measure they're better than most MSM sources which shill for every war criminal but Assad

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Not So Fast posted:

on most issues they're cool and good but they also take the tired line that Assad did nothing wrong.

so on measure they're better than most MSM sources which shill for every war criminal but Assad

Can you provide some citations. Tia

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Doktor Avalanche has issued a correction as of 16:58 on Jun 5, 2021

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

It was a joke, come on now. Anyway, here is Cohen and Blumenthal's depressing documentary on Gaza. DTI.

https://vimeo.com/549520612

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Max once introduced Ben on a stream as "the child wearing a fake beard and mustache."

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

the gay zone

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

just for the fellas though

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Not So Fast posted:

did u just say that assad must go...?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The grayzone folks often get painted as assadists because they hold the assadist view point that the US should stop funding terrorist organizations which are going around beheading, raping, and enslaving people.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
it is fact bad and fascist to imply the american empire should gtfo of the whole of middle east, and the world in general, and should remain within their internationally recognized borders

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

also afair they were one of the only outlets to report on the opcw leaks, and liberals hate being humiliated like that.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Not So Fast posted:

No they don't

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Not So Fast posted:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

lollontee posted:

it is fact bad and fascist to imply the american empire should gtfo of the whole of middle east, and the world in general, and should remain within their internationally recognized borders

Sometimes we do real good, sometimes we do real bad. It's kind of a mixed bag.

Sometimes it feels like the whole world is a mixed bag, and that things are not really black or white, right or wrong. Makes u think.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

How are u posted:

Sometimes it feels like the whole world is a mixed bag, and that things are not really black or white, right or wrong. Makes u think.

go back to dnd

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

How are u posted:

This is the grayzone appreciation thread, not the d&d special needs thread.

Go away.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

How are u posted:

Sometimes we do real good,

please sir may I have a source

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol he's mad he got shown up