Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Monday May 31st
6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EST/2am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH Mitsuhara Misawa Memorial 2021
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Haoh vs Seiki Yoshioka
Kongo (Kenoh, Manabu Soya, Nioh & Tadasuke) vs NOAH (Junta Miyawaki, Kaito Kiyomiya, Kinya Okada & Yoshiki Inamura)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles: Stinger (HAYATA & Yoshinari Ogawa)(c) vs Daisuke Harada & Hajime Ohara
GHC Tag Team Titles: The Aggression (Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya)(c) vs Funky Express (Muhammad Yone & Shuhei Taniguchi)
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title: Atsushi Kotoge(c) vs Yuya Susumu
GHC National Title: Takashi Sugiura(c) vs Kazushi Sakuraba
M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh & Masato Tanaka) vs M's Alliance (Masakatsu Funaki & Naomichi Marufuji)

With Mutoh's challenger locked in for CyberFest every other title is on the line in roughly 5 hours. Interesting to note that Saito isn't on the card considering his connection to Misawa, although I expect both he and Go will make appearances, perhaps even Akiyama or the other Pillars

You can watch it :
- Live on Wrestle Universe with English commentary
- Live & free with Japanese commentary on Abema
- Live on Fite for twice the price if you're into that, although I can't tell what language it'll be in

Here's a fairly in depth preview of the event

No doubt Hisame will be providing English language support to those people watching with Japanese commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fite is English commentary. But subbing to Universe is way better value

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm trying to die my post-DoN high to stay up for this. Looks like a great card. Wish we could've gotten a GHC Heavyweight defense too though.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A GHC defence would have been a foregone conclusion only a week out from CyberFest, plus you'd have to imagine Mutoh wouldn't have the body anymore to pull out two main event performances in seven days

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Watching the English language version on Wrestle Universe, still on a high from Double or Nothing :hellyeah:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I had both Universe and Abema up to make sure they were both working, WU's intro was maybe half the time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Full Korakuen :stare:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
There's English commentary on Wrestle Universe for those want it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I appreciate the graphic letting me know which stables the former members of Full Throttle each joined

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was fun, if real sloppy in places

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dildo over here was convinced this started at 10:30 so good job I checked the thread so I cam hear Kenoh's glorious theme

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

loving Tadasuke trying to look cool when taking off his glasses and Soya hits the ropes was great

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Dildo over here was convinced this started at 10:30 so good job I checked the thread so I cam hear Kenoh's glorious theme

Yeah I made sure to change the times you'd written when I made the OP.

Kiyomiya looks good for losing half his blood the other week

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It's like teppanyaki in here there's so much beef

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

loving love getting Kaito vs Kenoh interactions, poo poo rocks

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's nice to see Covid has not mellowed Kenoh out a single iota

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I like to imagine Kenoh wakes up and petulantly screams at his own reflection in the bathroom mirror for the audacity of stealing his look

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I am positive I've seen Manabu before and recognize his name, but looking at his history I'm not sure where I would have seen him in his major promotions. Did he do some ROH stuff in the mid-2000s maybe?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I am positive I've seen Manabu before and recognize his name, but looking at his history I'm not sure where I would have seen him in his major promotions. Did he do some ROH stuff in the mid-2000s maybe?

Nah, he was a Mutoh era AJPW guy before following to Wrestle 1. You might have seen him on one of the AJPW/NJPW/NOAH shows like All Together have the Tohoku Earthquake?

Pretty sure he only did his excursion in Canadian indies

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Not that I can find. He did some joint shows with NJPW in the early 2010s but he's pretty much AJPW -> Wrestle1 -> NOAH for his career

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't think I ever saw those, maybe I just caught an All Japan show here or there and he stood out enough to grab a spot in my memory :shrug:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

loving love Kinya Okada, boy's got so much heart

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The best double stomp

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey.... HEY this guy's a sore winner!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Hey.... HEY this guy's a sore winner!

The other month he was in a 6 (or maybe 8) man tag that ended in a no contest. He got so lovely he had them restart the match, at which point his team promptly lost. Kenoh is an absolute treasure

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

The other month he was in a 6 (or maybe 8) man tag that ended in a no contest. He got so lovely he had them restart the match, at which point his team promptly lost. Kenoh is an absolute treasure

Ahahahaha loving amazing

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's awesome that Masato Tanaka is not only healthy after a decade of ECW and FMW in the 90s, he's still in absolutely incredible shape. Dude is a machine

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I always hear Spartan X start playing and the crowd at the Differ going all in yelling MISAWA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

It's awesome that Masato Tanaka is not only healthy after a decade of ECW and FMW in the 90s, he's still in absolutely incredible shape. Dude is a machine

When he showed up at the All Star Battle Royale on the Hana Kimura Memorial I couldn't believe how good he looked.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Love that green lighting

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Somehow I totally missed that Ohara was a Toryumon Mexico trainee (lost to Kazuchika Okada in the 1st round of the 2004 Young Lions Cup)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Did Fulton just mispronounce ZSJ's name on purpose :lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Love me some weird Lucha submissions

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Just finished up DoN so jumping on this just in time to see Hayata absolutely miss a moonsault.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was a loving gnarly backbreaker

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Just finished up DoN so jumping on this just in time to see Hayata absolutely miss a moonsault.

You missed Kenoh being a massive poo poo to Kiyomiya after their match, always a good time

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This is a really good Jrs tag so far. Spamming backbreakers all over the place looks great.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was real fun after a slow start

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stay funky boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Who won? Match went a bit long and I needed to run to the loo in what felt just before the finishing stretch