Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
ironically I'd be more likely to go into a (non-Spoons) pub if they didn't have any of those three beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
just an army of vigilante wetherspoons day drinking gammons turning up to break the strike :mcrappe::manning::manning::manning::mcrappe::mcrappe::manning::manning::mcrappe::mcrappe:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

OwlFancier posted:

I feel like strike action is within your control, if you give them what they want they will stop striking.

It's also easier to find lorry drivers is you offer to pay them a living wage.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

fuctifino posted:

Seen in a Wetherspoons. The supply lines are now seriously affecting the boozers. This will be schadenfreudic.

Finally, a Brexit Dividend worth having.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fuctifino posted:

Seen in a Wetherspoons. The supply lines are now seriously affecting the boozers. This will be schadenfreudic.

They still have a full range of beers in stock, though.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jedit posted:

They still have a full range of beers in stock, though.

they'll fill up again once they've had a few customers through the gents

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Venomous posted:

Marion Millar trial today for posting transphobic shite on Twitter. Hope they throw the book at her.

Does anyone know what exactly shes getting done for? As best I can tell the actual tweets shes being prosecuted for relate to harassing a police office and making derogatory comments about their sexuality?

The thing about the suffragette symbol which is making nutcase twitter mad seems to be made up best I can see. As in not that it didnt happen, but it doesnt seem to be what shes getting done for.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
:mcrappe::manning::manning::manning::mcrappe::mcrappe::manning::manning::mcrappe::mcrappe::mcrappe::manning::manning::manning::mcrappe::mcrappe::manning::manning::mcrappe::mcrappe:

crispix fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 31, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

If they run out of WKD Croydon will burn.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

serious gaylord posted:

Does anyone know what exactly shes getting done for? As best I can tell the actual tweets shes being prosecuted for relate to harassing a police office and making derogatory comments about their sexuality?

The thing about the suffragette symbol which is making nutcase twitter mad seems to be made up best I can see. As in not that it didnt happen, but it doesnt seem to be what shes getting done for.

AFAIK (and this is pasted together from those annoying Twitter fragments where everyone is up to their elbows in the subject making it almost incomprehensible to an outsider) it started with a police visit about tweets made in the midst of the SNP TERF wars and escalated from there, but until the trial we won't actually know the exact tweets that are the subject of the prosecution.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Where's are Maddie you monster?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Yeah, no-one's publishing the exact messages to avoid prejudicing the court but it leads to this ridiculous scenario where the terfs have invented an entire fantasy universe of innocuous nonsense to insist she's being charged over. She was charged with "behaving in a threatening or abusive manner" aggravated by homophobia and transphobia.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Dead Goon posted:

Where's are Maddie you monster?
Not dead :colbert:

E: https://twitter.com/Devon_OnEarth/status/1432773048252444672?s=19

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 31, 2021

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Bit late to this maybe but I've heard a couple of people on podcasts use 'person experiencing homelessness' which is clunky but at least does put the person first. Like saying 'enslaved person' instead of 'slave'.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Lungboy posted:

I'd say with Covid around and the state of the job market, there's every reason to try and have as big a safety net as possible at the moment.

I mean its going to vary by sector but there's a bit of a labour shortage, actually.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

still no captain tom :sigh:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Skarsnik posted:

still no captain tom :sigh:

you will have your August Ames and you will like it

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh I wondered who that was, rip I guess

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Frankly I’m glad the wretched beast is finally slain, it wasted 4 years of court time for defra to finally kill it as they should of done when It first tested positive for TB. The fact this farce and media circus has been going on for 4 years is frankly a damning inditement on the state of the British legal system.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

ok keith

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Same except extend the sentiment to all life.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Yeah I mean wouldn’t it be funny if we decided it would be a waste of court time for simple things like “is it a human rights abuse to strip people of British citizenship unilaterally and leave them stateless” but an alpaca having an infectious disease against the law is allowed to waste 4 years of it.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Why is this Llama news? We kill animals en masse and it's nbd.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I’m actually genuinely certain it’s news to hide all the embarrassing poo poo about Afghanistan in the press under a deluge of “DID MADDIE AND PRINCESS DIE TO TRY AND WARN US ABOUT GERONIMO??? More on pages 1,2,3,4,5-19” stories

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The lack of empathy for Geronimo (pbuh) itt is frankly disgusting

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
god the news is going to have a field day when it discovers I laid a trap for some mice three years ago. Get that 24h coverage of BBC reporters outside of my house.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Tbh i don't know a lot about bovine TB other than we sure kill a lot of non bovine animals in its name.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I lived in the countryside during foot and mouth and got to smell the cow fire pits so tbh don’t give a gently caress about some silly rich lady’s pet when it’s risking all the less photogenic animal’s lives.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mr Phillby posted:

Tbh i don't know a lot about bovine TB other than we sure kill a lot of non bovine animals in its name.

The only relevant thing is if it infects the cows is spreads super fast and we get cow fire pits.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

The lack of empathy for Geronimo (pbuh) itt is frankly disgusting

I'm not empathetic I'm jealous.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I remember watching JCBs push over mounds of earth and cows. The main thing that sticks with me, though, was all the faff of washing my wellies if I wanted to walk through the country lanes.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/LondonEconomic/status/1432680388904853507

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Yeah I mean wouldn’t it be funny if we decided it would be a waste of court time for simple things like “is it a human rights abuse to strip people of British citizenship unilaterally and leave them stateless” but an alpaca having an infectious disease against the law is allowed to waste 4 years of it.

Im not really that fussed I just wanted to make a Keith joke

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

That looks like a starvation amount of food unless the kid is like 4

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Drone_Fragger posted:

Frankly I’m glad the wretched beast is finally slain, it wasted 4 years of court time for defra to finally kill it as they should of done when It first tested positive for TB. The fact this farce and media circus has been going on for 4 years is frankly a damning inditement on the state of the British legal system.

should have just told the government it was from jamaica and they would have gotten it on a plane post haste

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

knox_harrington posted:

That looks like a starvation amount of food unless the kid is like 4

No chips, didn’t even bother to butter the bread roll :(

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

On the one hand, no watery mince with lumpy grey mash.

On the other hand, no weird brick of ice cream with toffee sauce.

In conclusion, jamie oliver should be hanged.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

josh04 posted:

Yeah, no-one's publishing the exact messages to avoid prejudicing the court but it leads to this ridiculous scenario where the terfs have invented an entire fantasy universe of innocuous nonsense to insist she's being charged over. She was charged with "behaving in a threatening or abusive manner" aggravated by homophobia and transphobia.

This is whats spinning my head out. You can see the charges, and you can see that normal media are not reporting on it for obvious reasons and because of this terf twitter are on an absolute normal one. Guess we wait until October for them to be released as evidence.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Mr Phillby posted:

The people I know who I'd personally defer to say it's a stupid cull order that clearly doesn't work, but also there's no real reason to allow a single exception for a farmer to profit from infected animals just because they're running an impressively bullshit press campaign. She didn't campaign against the bovine TB cull, she lied at every opportunity (and she paid for a lot of opportunities) to try and avoid having to follow the same rules as everyone else.

As for the "why do we do this", zoonotic myco bovis is innately resistant to some front-line TB drugs and has annual mortality and infection rates that amount to almost 20x the entire first SARS outbreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Personally, I would've enlisted geronimo into the taliban and taught him to smoke and carry munitions, but I'm not a ludicrously wealthy twat fighting a PR war against environmental regulations

I'm a very poor twat fighting a PR war against yuppie kulaks