Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Pistol_Pete posted:

Ryan Wain is political director at the Tony Blair Institute

Read my article in The Times about how people like me are being silenced by back seat drivers and how the only way to promote open debate is to silence them back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007

When it's time to grift we will always grift hard, grift hard etc

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/10/dominic-cummings-promises-no-10-revelations-paid-for-newsletter-substack

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007

No one cares much about hustings. They are attended by a folk who have made up their minds. Maybe that's changed a little now there is a bit more social media coming out of them, but used to be candidates would avoid them at all costs.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007

Football has some big issues but I am dead against criticising it for its own sake. Very snobby thing to do. If someone comes up and tells me they're in to choral performance I feign interest and I expect the same courtesy

As a Scot living in London that means I have to suck up regular bouts of stuff coming home, satiating myself by going on the windup when it inevitably doesn't. It's easier at the moment because the England team seems to be mainly composed of nice lads that mean well.

However I think what a lot of England fans and the BBC simply don't get is that in football terms they are Germany to us. No-one expects England to be happy when Germany wins the World Cup but I am regularly challenged on why I wont back England to win major tournaments.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/joswinson/status/1414337291443707920

:thunk: