Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

WHO has adopted a new naming convention for the virus it'll be interesting to see which outlets follow it and when.

Sadly they did not go for the lovely Leaders Variant Nomenclature, but rather Greek letters to be easy-to-pronounce and non-stigmatising.

Current variants of concern:
Alpha (B.1.1.7, 'UK variant')
Beta (B.1.351, 'South African variant')
Gamma (P.1 'Brazilian variant')
Delta (B.1.617.2, 'Indian variant')

Cool, we're actually going to get Omega Covid now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm curious how things will look once the 90ish% of the population who want the vaccine are fully dosed, will it wither away from herd immunity or will it be obnoxiously infectious to the point it can still tag enough of the unvaccinated and breakthrough cases?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

Big cat food recall. Let your cat-owning friends know:

https://twitter.com/holly/status/1405160932779700226?s=20

This is the one thing we didn't want to happen

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

stev posted:

What happened to Dylan Moran anyway? He was in basically every British film and sitcom made in the 2000s but I've not seen him in years.

They stopped making good sitcoms he could be in

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

HopperUK posted:

This marshmallow flavoured cider I bought tastes like fuckin jelly babies. Just because I'm an infant baby and want sweet things I am being *punished*. Who taste tested this? How is this marshmallow flavour?

I'm going to have to learn to enjoy beer at this rate.

Sounds like someone needs to get into fruit liquers