Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pistol_Pete posted:

I just read this, so now I'm going to make you all read it too:
Ryan Wain is political director at the Tony Blair Institute

Whoa that was some arch tory poo poo, I was dazzled by the spoiler

Protect the flags, protect Coulson, white power, terf poo poo.
The politics poo poo was so vague but the culture war stuff was stark though hidden behind polite euphemism. I fully thought it was some lovely failson tory journalist

They've gone fully off the deep end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Labour fightback

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Oh poo poo time to get interested in football briefly again

Cam eeeeeern!!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Edinburgh and Glasgow being included is baffling until you remember that the Scots are being wrapped into the culture war so bojo can secure his legacy by standing up to those wokist blm trans brutes

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

why put headphones on an egg?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

kingturnip posted:

I'd be very surprised if Keith is still leading Labour by the time we get that far. The next by-election looks like it'll be another loss for Labour, and that should probably be enough to get him chucked out of a window, politically.

Is there anyone for progress to replace him with? I imagine they'd have to be pretty sure to take that gamble

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our timeline seems dumb but rarely to our benefit so I think we're gonna get kier until 2026 and then yvette Cooper running as a a moderniser

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

pale sunburnt goon reporting in. I have displeased Sol

nice day tho

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The media won't push anything that's destabilising to the government, which functionally means as long as they continue to screw up big enough they won't be harmed

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I think gbnews is gonna be like our politicians where despite failing as badly as possible it never goes away and gets rewarded beyond its wildest dreams

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Camrath posted:

New Fudge Release!

Hey guys, back just in time for Father’s Day with a collection of delicious goodies on offer! Nearly didn’t make it after my cooker decided to die mid-batch, but we’ve pulled through with some truly yummy results!

All orders placed before 13:00 (1pm) tomorrow (Friday) will be shipped that day, so should arrive with you in time for Father’s Day! And use the code ‘nofuckudad’ to get free shipping on orders over £15 until tomorrow evening!

We have a /lot/ of flavours on offer right now, and the new ones are:

Rum and Raisin
Eton Mess
Whisky and Candied Ginger
Peanut Butter Crunch
Chilli And Chocolate Toffee
- Fresh from the bubbling hellpots of our experimental fudge lab, this is our first attempt at a toffee! Expect a firmer, chewy texture and a deep complex flavour with a finish that’s hot hot hot!

All available now at https://www.fudjit.co.uk Hurry while stocks last!

All fudge is sold in bars of c100gr (normally more, because we’re nice like that!)

Get Fudged. :D

Glad I got some in before going on a diet, the chocolate orange fudge is incredible

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Smh at the libs itt who want a tory speaker to be leader of labour because he wore a funny tie and was rude on telly

Major 2012 Olympics energy imo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Necrothatcher posted:

Having a tory as the new labour leader is the next logical step after Starmer though.

It's the current logical step during starmer

We may as well just select JK Rowling as leader if all we want is a murky British version of star power who might win

Bercow wouldn't even win but she might

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Asking why kier isn't concerned about the tory lead is like asking a dad why he's intentionally losing a foot race to his toddler

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

There's a Chinese here that does salt and chilli chips that are amazing.

You gotta basically search high and low for British takeaways with actual flavours in and stick with them to the death once you find them

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Channel 4 isn't privatised already?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Algol Star posted:

It genuinely amazes me how many people are not just willing to but are proud to sing something like God save the Queen in the 21st century. It's not even like she's some strongman dictator and people can feel less afraid by convincing themselves she's strong and in charge or something.

As a kid I always thought of it as us all helping an old woman stay alive by prayer so sorta the opposite of a strongman dictator

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/TheNationalNews/status/1407781185393156097

Billionare sex criminals be dying in their cell just before they can testify.

Oh drat the absolute madman

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Beefeater1980 posted:

This isn’t sarcasm, to be clear, it’s just my best guess at why we as a species are so recurrently genocidal when as individuals literally nobody* thinks that genocide is ok.

Somebody hasn't read the british opeds during the famines in India

I regret to inform you the number of people who can accept or even cheer on a genocide as long as its interpreted as the other people's fault is a lot higher than you imagine

Britain is ridden with malthusian thinking which is a short hop to genocide apologia

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

When I think of the UK armed forces in the 21st century I really think of them saving peoples lives

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Halisnacks posted:

If the anger around the Hancock story sustains into next week, could it be enough to save Labour in Batley & Spen?

Is there any?

I assume theyr gonna be up in the polls

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I support everyone's right to live the way they want I just think trans people shouldn't be allowed to use the toilet because I'm extremely Normal

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

That last sentence is the worst one I've read in a long time. Just touchy feely pablum trying to explain how it's progressive to be an outspoken homophobe.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

bump_fn posted:

ok seriously what is goin on with british women that boris johnson and matt hancock are viable sexual partners??? is this becaus of brexit

Our ruling class selects for the most ugly and oafish of men so if you're an upwardly mobile woman or lobbyist honeypot theyr the only option.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

politics is BBC1 for even uglier people

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Nice tories get to sack hancock without it being about catastrophic megadeath which they can continue to ignore

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

bump_fn posted:

is javid the egg guy

Yeah me and my partner were trying to remember who he was then we both burst into gleeful smiles and said "the egg man!" at the same time

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It's really clear what kier stands for, just because it's bad doesn't mean it's unclear

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

the lesson from the corbyn years was just how inadequate and actively booby-trapped the labour party is as a vehicle of social change

we need a new party since I think thats possibly a hair more likely than actually being able to turn 2021 labour into a viable left wing electoral force but i also think thats very unlikely.
whats more likely to happen is the left just gets drawn back into some struggle over Labour when its burnham vs phillips over who gets to be leader of a pack of incompetents for the rest of my life

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I disagree about the high profile politicians, I don't really think there's any high profile labour politicians anyone gives a poo poo about

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I have never heard of the hilariously named Left Unity or their wanking antics could someone gimme the goss

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

They were so close. If only it wasn't for that owen Jones looney

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

SpaceCommie posted:

I'm still hoping Zarah Sultana gets a shot at the leadership. If there's another leadership election and the right win again I might just cancel my direct debit finally. I'm going to need that £5 a month come August for the Games Workshop app anyway ...

My condolences

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

SpaceCommie posted:

I tried really hard not to fall back into a plastic crack addiction but I've had naff all else to do during lockdown.

I make terrible descisions, as my continued membership to Labour can attest.

Lockdown has made hams of us all friend

But I still wouldn't pay a sub for any kind of app made by games workshop

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

The Bugle fell apart when he got too successful.

GARLIC BREAD. GARLIC BREAD

The bugle is better than ever when it has good guests on imo

Though they have that one woman on who just hated Corbyn too hard to make jokes when I heard her, so I never listen to her eps

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Borrovan posted:

I'd ask why this didn't apply to the Wales v Turkey game Wednesday before last, but the answer is because that'd really be within Welsh Labour's purview & Welsh Labour is not a loving embarrassment

For one nobody cares about playing turkey, but also the Welsh already got to taste footballing success let us have a go, you tyrants

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

WhatEvil posted:

Crowd at Wembley booing the German national anthem.

I don't go in for nationalism as a concept but loving hell I hate the English.

The English crowd booed the German national anthem as a display of anti nationalism you bloody fool

E: did someone say mephedrone is back?? *begins to twitch*

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What about Labour being willing to stir up sectarian and racist anxieties to lose elections

The establishment has decided that if labour loses batley its because of George Galloway inciting the Muslims, so we don't wanna hear those kind of obvious truths thanks

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Well yea the gov isn't gonna teach kids that it's doomed them is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

if it comes home i think we shouldnt let up the pressure on the england team at all, they have to win the world cup too