Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Bobstar posted:

I'm in Mumbai right now about to blow somebody off

Look some of us are still under lockdown so this bragging is unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh good this insane vaxx documentary thing has interviewed Piers Corbyn and he mentioned Nazi Germany so Twitter is now a cuntocalypse.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Day three of the vaccine and I'm still tired and need to drink more water but otherwise no side effects so just enough side-effects to know I didn't just get saline solution without kicking my arse.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Wille zum Rennie, a blind incessant impulse without knowledge that drives the instinct to, uh, whatever this is

Look at that majestic fluffy boy.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Beckett is the one who wants to start a TV channel instead of using that money to donate to the Labour Party.

Can someone post where polling on the leadership election is? I'm interested to see what they standings are.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I first learned that a sinus was reason to be concerned in my first year of uni when I woke up to find my left eye was swollen and unable to open. Specifically it was talking to a GP who had medical knowledge that allowed me to learn, rather than intrinsically responding to the issue by gaining knowledge from the ether.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

love to photoshop pictures of an 18-year-old girl because I can't actually counter her argument with facts

Oh I thought the joke was it's some actual adult who just looks like a bigger Thunberg.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well then,

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yet again the right being anti-Semitic and turning to us and calling us the Nazis b/c Jomory Cobbin two genders

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

(gay frogs) Jones.

Please, do not deadname Geronimo Frost.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Completely apropos of nothing as I post after midnight, I remember fellow posters talking about a fibre supplement they found to be brilliant. What was it again?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Psyllium husks and coir (ground coconut husk fibre) are both good sources, and some of the more popular vegan burgers (Gro maybe, I think (which to their detriment suffer from being a bit chewy)) are full of various plant fibre if you check the labels.

Also bananas, like just getting and eating bananas. Excessive fibre can also be a problem.

Cheers!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Your Honour I would like to plea "pending"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

oh no but she had so much else to live for

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The meme has actually evolved now because the FBI cottoned on to the "in Minecraft" meme and so now people say "in Roblox" to avoid the content sensor.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Another option is to play copyrighted music that he might not want to spend money licensing so the audio is bollocks.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Or this https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/1400554145564614662

bonus if you can bean him with a rotocock

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It owns how much these cunts whining about the youth of today would absolutely be siding with the Nazis back in the day.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Or being the dipshits who refused to follow blackout and get their whole neighbourhood killed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Borrovan posted:

Nick Robinson is such a oval office

He did a discussion yesterday with him & 2 cis male guests* about trans issues, guess which side of the "debate" he actually allowed to talk

*the trans-positive guest pointed out right away that this wasn't appropriate, and Robinson jumps in saying "first of all you don't know anything about me", which, I mean... big if true.

lmao

"it's she/her from now on you little poo poo but also pronouns are for triggered liberals"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

One of my lecturers went drinking with us one night and spent ages ranting at me for accomplishing nothing in my life while he has a loving PhD and the other elders around were like "jfc it's the first term of first year calm the gently caress down"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jokes on them I did accomplish nothing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In general it's a genetic fallacy, in that it's based on the origin of the argument.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The article just seems to talk about how these days people are more socially aware and so they'd probably talk themselves out of edgy jokes more easily. Obviously that's been cuntified into WOKE LEFT CANCEL JOKES

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

groceries has got wild expensive this year :manning:

ahhh I'm sure it's just a coincidence

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's genuinely more funny because Labour only had a snowflake's chance in hell under Corbyn in 2017, it's just a seat the constituents are determined to have occupied by a colossal wanker but this time around decided that wanker doesn't mean the Tory oval office picked to replace the prior Tory arsehole.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tarnop posted:

His supporters explicitly want a return to the days of the Labour leader responsible for PFI

John Major wasn't Labour, but you're right ol' tonty really loved him some PFI too.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TBH Bercow was expected to defect to Labour prior to becoming speaker so this isn't that surprising. Bit annoying he didn't do it under Corbyn though what with being a Jewish lad who thought the accusations of anti-Semitism towards Corbs was bollocks, but I suppose defecting while Speaker would be a mite sus.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Bercow as leader would actually be extremely funny because I don't even know if he even disagrees with the tories politically as much as he thinks they're idiots.

Nah Bercow has a reverse-Sp!ked kinda trend where he was someone who joined the Tories on the far-right of the party and the more time he spent in Westminster the more he shunted left - his wife Sally likewise was a Tory but came over to Labour with Blair and was still a vocal supporter of Corbyn during his tenure.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

just send a boom box inwith d-ream playing on a loop

also, hustings are one of those things you can never really win, but you can certainly lose

nah mate, remember the Ilford South one in 2019? the guy up to replace Milky Gapes Mike? he loving crushed it at those hustings

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It really feels like Raynor is being forced to have a 'source' or press person whose sole job is to make her look as stupid as possible. Like she's clearly getting on well with Corbs there so is that her pushing outside the boundaries that Smithers' crew will allow her and so she's being subjected to a deliberately absurd 'official' response?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Then it wouldn't be a photobomb, and it would be absurd to call it as such.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

She might also just be equally willing to pretend to be friends with everyone whenever it is convenient and also lie whenever it is convenient.

Maybe! I just don't want to dismiss her so easily. I remember her being decent throughout the Corbyn years and don't want to believe she's abandoned that path so easily. I'm not going to stan her or anything, just suspect that her getting lovely press isn't necessarily proof of her being The Arsehole.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

The Owen Jones documentary on Batley and Spen is dead good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEcNHMLyEYk

His conclusions are that Labour's existing electoral base is continuing to crumble and the leadership remains bizarrely complacent/ unconcerned about this.

Yeah it's good, also interesting seeing Galloway basically walking on water as he campaigns around the town.

keep punching joe posted:

Could have told Owen that 6 years ago :scotland:

lol tbf OJones has been screaming this either side of Corbyn's tenure

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

Oof, 27 covid deaths today, which is ten more than this time last week. That's nearly a 40% increase.

This seems bad?

Don't expect it to be a blip, unfortunately. Especially if last week's "Delta Plus" variant first sequenced in Nepal decides to start going YOLO.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

To be fair to Van Riper America has yet to win a war against unconventional forces. Their only victories were a bunch of small invasions and defeating Saddam Hussein for a bullshit "War on Terror" only to cause global terrorism to exponentially rise. If anything he kinda proved how America comes in flopping its dick only to get owned by a bunch of poo poo it hadn't planned for, whether it's Chinese reinforcements in Korea, the concept of trees in Vietnam or that training a bunch of fundamentalist religious fighters to kill their perceived invaders might one day have your own country seen as the invader.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kecske posted:

Never forget Australia lost the Emu War :australia:

https://twitter.com/pixelsmixel/status/1405168100152995843

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

So is no-one going to comment that the banjo oval office from Mumford and Sons is taking his ball and going home because he praised a nazi propagandist's book, and then we all found out his half-billionaire dad is the co-author of the Lib Dem Orange Book and fascist prick behind GB News?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Endjinneer posted:

Sarah Vine's on record saying she doesn't like sex with Gove but considers it her duty, isn't she?

She said it was such a joyless affair that she started faking being asleep to stop him trying.