Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

As Piers Morgan is once again in the news for calling a tennis player a snowflake for not wanting to face criticism at a press conference, let’s enjoy this picture of his face seconds before he stormed off his own show, live on air, because a fellow presenter offered some mild criticism of his racist, sexist bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Convex posted:

Lol why is the back of his head bulging out like that? Presumably the part of the brain that handles smugness

Because he’s a bloated sack of poo poo

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Any chance we could stop the racist stereotyping of Northern Irish people as angry, violent simpletons?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm about 2/3 of the way through Ulysses and some chapters are genuinely cool, especially once you get into a rhythm with the stream of consciousness style. Others bits (particularly the Stephen Dedalus POV sections, and yes yes I know that's the point and he's making fun of himself) are quite clearly just Joyce showing off though, because every single bloody line is some cryptic reference to a classical author or philosophical concept or some other niche topic, and you really need to kind of understand each bit to make the rest make sense. Unless you're some absurd polymath you're going to be looking up references every few lines, and that's even before you get to the fact large parts of it require you to have a working knowledge of latin and greek and half a dozen other languages and most of the chapters are extremely long. It's 100% worth reading but I would definitely recommend doing it alongside a companion book that summarises and explains each passage for you to avoid a heap of pain. I guess some people probably enjoy the challenge, but ugh I have other things I could be doing. I think the people who say Joyce just was just an arrogant self-declared big-brain rear end in a top hat who did a deliberately obtuse fart on a page and called it literature are being kinda uncharitable, but I sympathise with the frustration.

It’s impossible to take Joyce seriously once you’ve read his pervy sex letters about sniffing Nora Barnacle’s farts

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

ThomasPaine posted:

10/10 username/post combo

For those that haven’t. Enjoy…

https://allthatsinteresting.com/james-joyce-love-letters-nora-barnacle

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Old Kieth sure does love an incredibly niche policy to set the headlines alight doesn’t he?
High powered rental car menace right up there with his thrilling government bonds

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Azza Bamboo posted:

It's a beer trap policy. You're supposed to oppose it so Starmer can go "I can't believe they actually want yobbos driving around at night!"

Yes I’m sure the 12 people it affects will be up in arms

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Labour: Tough on rented Lamborghinis, tough on the causes of rented Lamborghinis

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Video of Hancock’s groping incoming shortly according to my sources

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Taking bets now - viewed in motion it will be a clumsy honk and not a gentle caress.

You weren’t wrong

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15397207/watch-matt-hancock-video-health-secretary-kissing-gina-coladangelo/

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Where is Kieth? Have we seen a single on camera comment about Hancock from
him yet? I think we can make our own assumptions about why not

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Ah. Licking boots rather than secretaries faces.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Halisnacks posted:

If the anger around the Hancock story sustains into next week, could it be enough to save Labour in Batley & Spen?

Lol no

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

It’s not often I genuinely LOL at things on the internet but this is one of those occasions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQE2r2rLrbQ

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This is certainly an intriguing read if the rumours posted here yesterday are correct

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9728749/SARAH-VINE-problem-wife-knows-youre-not-Master-Universe.html

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Poor Keith

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1410564484641525764

Some good stuff in the replies lol

smellmycheese fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 1, 2021

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Josef bugman posted:

When it hits 20 points behind can we start getting cross?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Looks like Keith might just squeak it

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol at Galloway trying to pull a Trump and blame the Lame Stream Meeja

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Incredible. The “Matt Hancock groping his squeeze set to the Alan Partridge soundtrack” video has been removed for “sexual content” lol

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

This is not going to go well for them. Even Bootlicker Podges is outraged. This could well mean they only extend their lead over Keith by another 5 points

https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1416661432817553408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Across the nation echoes the sound of millions of phones deleting the Covid App