Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I wonder how big a catapult you'd need to get a spark plug cap into the bottom of that from ground level.

Just gonna leave this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8pivOifGFQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Noxville posted:

Ha we’re having img this exact same thing locally, they’re making empty playing fields into a community garden and some people on Nextdoor are angry about how having benches for people to sit will mean youths will congregate there and be generally menacing

That seems to be every other post on Nextdoor as it is mainly old ppl that use it.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

My sister left the Wimpy in Oxford Street, London just 20 minutes before it blew up in 1981.

Why did your sister blow up a Wimpy?

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Guavanaut posted:

It's okay, people that matter only have mild symptoms so open everything up, time for

Saj Vax - Tory Road

UKMT Summer 2021: Saj Vax - Tory Road

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Grey Hunter posted:

I saw that this morning.
How is it an Olympic sport? The lass I saw just went down a rail without falling off and this was apparently good as the Chinese lass before her fell over.

As someone with no knowledge of the subject I just couldn't figure it out.

They’ve had freestyle snowboarding and skiing for a while in the winter Olympics, so skateboarding shouldn’t be surprising.

Now, horse dancing I am completely baffled about why that is in the olympics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

The Perfect Element posted:

Yeah, the IOC sold the rights to Discovery+ , so most of it is paywalled by a service I’d literally never heard of. Seems like a pretty spectacular own goal by the IOC in the long term, as you’d imagine that advertisers and sponsors are not gonna be happy that most of the general public are gonna miss a bunch of coverage.

It’s difficult to get Olympic fever if all you’re watching is highlights, and I imagine viewing figures are gonna drop off as interest was already fairly low this year anyway.

It’s reported that Discovery paid £920m pounds for the rights for this and the Paris games in 2024.