Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

FractalSandwich posted:

Ray has so little to do with the original game that it's not even obvious to me when they take place relative to each other. I assumed Ray was a prequel at first, because I thought its name was "Blue Reflection Zero", but then I realised it's a different "rei" and it's referring to something else. It might still be a prequel as well, which would make that a pun on about five different levels.

I feel like it's being intentionally ambiguous on that part, given that (Blue Reflection ending spoilers) Yuzu and Lime are still around, which they shouldn't be if the events of the original game happened.

And honestly, I'm not sure it's as disconnected as it seems, given that the Sephiroth are hanging around, and that Mio and co. are trying to gain access to the Common. Even outside of the direct links, it's still very much playing on the same themes as the game, just handling them in a significantly different manner, and with more serious, far-reaching issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Episode 11 was really strong, I liked it a lot. Also nice of them to finally explain the Common for folk who haven't played the game. I liked how they directly referenced the dungeon designs from the game, too.