Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

blue reflection ray is a magical girl drama about girls who've been through some very real problems getting together to work out their issues and swing cool crystal swords around (mostly at each other). the shading is kind of wack and an obscure local law requires each episode's script to use the word "feelings" at least twenty times, but the show is nevertheless the anime of the season and a worthy watch. like fellow urban-supernatural dramas madoka magica, selector infected wixoss, and wonder egg priority before it got bad, it uses its fantastic elements to bring out the characters' struggles, not overshadow them, and the result is shaping up to be something truly special.

(show's also loosely related to one-half-A JRPG blue reflection no subtitle but i haven't felt lost at all despite not having played it, read a synopsis, or leafed through the official prima strategy guide, so you should be safe to jump right in without pausing to build up social links for 40 hours)

FEATURING:

a bookworm

an anime protagonist

a hypocrite

an incredibly gaudy phone

a cyberbully

an apprentice electrician

a girl who looks like she's choking the protagonist in the ED but then the camera pans up and she's actually hugging her instead

the nap master

:siren: NO :siren: monsters of the week except for one in a flashback that plays every other episode :twisted:

watch now and get a FREE MOOD RING. don't, and the GAY MARRIAGE WAVES will tear you apart. the choice is yours......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

this show rules
its epic. please watch blue reflection! please talk about blue reflection!! i made this thread in the hopes that maybe more than three people would watch and talk about blue reflection!!!

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Endorph posted:

in order to start some actual discussion: with this being confirmed for two cours i do wonder if, say, the first cour will deal with the human antagonists while the second cour will actually have non-human enemies.
longshot guess: the second season will have the girls who've had their feelings stolen turn into monsters/nega-magical-girls who need to be defeated and reunited with their hearts. I think I'd prefer something like that -- anything where the monsters are human-ish and exist as characters -- to more giant space knights like the one in ep1

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

idk why the subs melted for a minute halfway through the ep, but it was pretty cool otherwise, if a little loredump-y! opening the episode with "The First Day" like the episode is going to cover all three, continuing the pattern with "The Second Day" partway through, and then putting up the "The Third Day" slide as the ep ends is pure malice on the director's part