Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Canada is bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

mexico trying to thaw out the turf with their salt, drat.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Better to be lucky than good. :canada:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

They're in!!! THEY'RE FUCKIN IN!!!

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

MagicCube posted:

Canada-Panama match cancelled as the CMNT are protesting against grievances with the Canadian Soccer Association.

Gutted, as I had tickets to the game but good on the players for standing up for themselves. Still sad though that the team finally comes back to Vancouver and it turns into a massive poo poo show between this and the Iran game being cancelled.

The CSB trying to run the national teams like the CPL is laughable and I hope they get humiliated for it. The domestic league is going to fold in a few years if this bullshit keeps up.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Canada Soccer signed a ten year deal back in 2019 with a private entity (Canadian Soccer Business) to basically run all their poo poo for them. This group also owns the CPL, and runs the on demand website that streams national team games. The 10% cut that the players get is in line with how they pay domestic league players peanuts, plus they only release statements through approved channels. CSB never releases details about anything to the public until its already done, and their propaganda wing tried to get ahead of the players' statement by lying about the terms presented.

Edit: They tried to make people think the players demanded 80-100% lmao

Stiev Awt fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 6, 2022

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I'm barfing!!!!!!!

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I loving hate Gareth wheeler

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I can't believe I forgot to wear my Larin kit!!!!!

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

THEY DIDN'T gently caress IT UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

At least it'll get me ready for watching multiple beatdowns.