Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

gudetama posted:

At this point? Jeffrey should reinvest some of the money into hiring someone who does community management as a professional. Either as an actual paid position or as a consultant to bring in and help them figure out a system that works. Everything seems incredibly hosed and no one on the mod team seems to have the skills needed to fix it and the userbase as a whole isn't going to have an answer. Bring in a professional because again, none of these are new problems and lots of other communities have solved them.

In short, asking the people complaining on how to fix it is part of how we get into these messes. None of us know how to fix it, if we did it would of been done a long time ago. The admin team needs to reach out and try to find the answers themselves, preferably from an expert.

somethingawful is a black swan and anyone who actually has the depth of knowledge to fix whatever problems you have in mind isn't gonna be cheap

what will likely happen is that jeffrey will hire some zoomer @ $30,000/yr who is gonna realize they're out of their depth and is either going to be completely arbitrary and capricious or too cowardly to stir up a revolt

the thing is, op, problems magically go away when you stop caring about them

some days i wake up and check my threads and it's just a wall of yellow quote boxes with "gently caress off you crazy rear end in a top hat" scribbled underneath

do i let that stop me? of course not

just post lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol remember when lowtax "hired" a "brand manager"

😂

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Jose posted:

i spoke to jeffrey in the mod forum and he's hiring lis smith

can we get liz warren?

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
number of anti-mod riots i've been involved in as a mod: zero
number of anti-mod riots i've participated in as a user: seven or eight... poo poo i dunno it's gotta be a lot