Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
me, pocket protector on fleek, pleated slacks a crisp six inches above my white socks: it's totally cool and normal for superfetch to need 100% of your disk, especially upon startup. you might need to immediately boot up search and find that one file seventeen subfolders deep whose name and contents are a randomly generated assortment of machine code gibberish. i bought bill gates a plane ticket to pedophile island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

bill gates you are my boss stop trying to initiate an affair with me me this event will be cited in your divorce proceedings in like, 15... 20 years? and then people will make fun of you!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

biosterous

i think this menu is too clear, it present all the useful options right away. i think all the useful things should be split into separate submenus, and hidden among a bunch of useless things

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Finger Prince

Instead of providing solutions, we'll have a support forum where other users can help each other with their problems, and the final post of every thread will be "I tried all that and still have the problem, does anyone from Microsoft actually read these threads??" and we will in fact not read these threads.

-note: maybe make the help forum inaccessible from the internal network?

cruft

"There was an error."

cruft

I have a great idea that will drive the entire Internet INSANE! Let's put "> " in front of quoted text like everybody else does, and then WORD WRAP IT!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I started my career supporting XP for government offices, and I am going to reach retirement supporting XP for government offices.

nut

me to all the Microsoft software programmers: all aboard

Khanstant
just detected a user messed with their control panel... we must hide it further!!!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
if we bloat windows defender no body will be able to infect their computers because they'll be too fuckin slow

crimes

google THIS

Finger Prince posted:

Instead of providing solutions, we'll have a support forum where other users can help each other with their problems, and the final post of every thread will be "I tried all that and still have the problem, does anyone from Microsoft actually read these threads??" and we will in fact not read these threads.

-note: maybe make the help forum inaccessible from the internal network?

We'll also have a knowledge center.

Sometimes poo poo happens, yo.

Did this help you with your problem?
[ YES ] [ SURE ]

Finger Prince

google THIS posted:

We'll also have a knowledge center.

Sometimes poo poo happens, yo.

Did this help you with your problem?
[ YES ] [ SURE ]

I want a knowledge center for my bosses.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
hjaha hey there, instead of having a consistent use case for the direction arrows and pageup/pagedown buttons, let's let the programs decide.

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

i mean a bare bones image manipulation software is useless, right? just delete ms paint, no one will care.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
opening one image in a folder with a lot of images? you fool. you buffoon. you abject nincompoop.

crimes

biosterous

i can't think of any situation where somebody would want to batch rename a bunch of files, so let's only make it possible through cmd

gallery of sigs

he/him

Finger Prince

So we're gonna go ahead and put all your user created stuff in this OneDrive folder by default. That way you can access them through The Cloud! What do you mean you don't want The Cloud. Are you some kind of heretic? Luddite? The Cloud is the future! How could you not want The Cloud? Anyway yeah, your photos aren't in My Pictures, they're in OneDrive.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

btw you've filled all 75kB of your onedrive space and we will be reminding you for the rest of linear time

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

deep dish peat moss

No you can't have more than one drive, that's kind of the point.

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
are you SURE you want to close this program?

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

my proudest moment was obtaining my MCP 2000. I used those skills to obtain my dream job.

growing plants in dirt.

and clipping train tickets.

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

my proudest moment was obtaining my MCP 2000. I used those skills to obtain my dream job.

growing plants in dirt.

and clipping train tickets.

That sounds nice 😁

google THIS

Ok fine, don't use Edge, see if I care, I don't care, even though it would be better, and if you ever want to switch back you know where to find me and believe me, you will want to switch back, but seriously how can you not use Edge when it's so fast and secure and whatnot, but whatever, it's fine, I'm not even mad, just disappointed, you go and live your life without Edge, even though it'll be a bad life, are you sure you don't want to switch back to Edge?

biosterous

i think that users changing their preferred programs is actually a bug, so every time we release an update we should fix that and revert things back to the correct programs

gallery of sigs

he/him

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
We'll streamline the user interface by making every action take two additional mouse clicks!

Finger Prince

Behold! Cortana

Ooooh
Ahhhh
What does it do?

Nobody knows!
Nobody has ever used it!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

great news! we've updated windows, and there's only like a 20% chance you've lost all those photos and videos of your family forever

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
more like microshaft

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Nosfereefer posted:

more like microshaft

micro; soft

google THIS

Do you want Windows to update later, when you're not actively using this computer?

[ Yes ]

Well, I want a billion dollars and that's not going to happen either

hbag

brb somehow managing to make microsoft teams more clunky than anything made by adobe

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
This operating system, which we programmed wrong on purpose, as a joke,

crimes

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

yospos

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

no wait

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

We should really hire this Steve Jobs guy now that he has resigned from apple.

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

he died in 2011.

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

he died in 2011.

I was afraid that would happen. He resigned in the late 80s to start his own company

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

he found the illness with the power of fruit and lost.

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
hehhehehhhhhh eehehehhhe h (i laughwheezesnort through my profoundly deviated septum) mo-maahahaha, more like steve jobleaaaahahaha, joblll, joblesssssss!

crimes