Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Steve Jobs dies and people make weird shrines to him outside of their stores and talkshow hosts make tearful soliloquys about his passing. Our CEO gets divorced and nobody even sends an email!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
can't modify access on the Marriage drive because i lost my administrator rights :(

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
me, bazinga t-shirt, rainbow suspenders, striped pants, cubicle wall covered in XKCD comic strips i printed out at home because i dont have the printer code yet: hahaha you studied the humanities???? pfffft aahahahahahhhhh

crimes

alexandriao

deep dish peat moss posted:

No you can't have more than one drive, that's kind of the point.

alexandriao

hello, im a Microsoft support technician and im here to- ppfffff- to- pfffffff-*puts hand over the phone*

to- pfffff HAHAHAhahahahahaha hey bob, bob, bob i cant deal with this script man it's too funny aahhhhahahaha ok,ok,ok, hheehee,, sorry sir- uhh ma'am, im here to help

alexandriao

Excuse me, have you tried maybe power cycling? What do you mean unix systems can do without power cycling! What? They what?? Sorry ma'am that is a bold faced lie no system can stay alive for that long! The cookies will start to go off!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
tbh, i remember how bad the earlier versions of windows were, and im kind of impressed how those corporate nerd got the thing so stable

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
on the other hand, simply checking your local IP is p byzantine now

cruft

Nosfereefer posted:

tbh, i remember how bad the earlier versions of windows were, and im kind of impressed how those corporate nerd got the thing so stable

If we're being honest, nobody else has ever even attempted to keep an operating system updated while maintaining backward compatibility with binaries from 1981. It's really impressive that they've made things as stable as they have.

Well, I guess IBM's Z series has also done this.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Hey, I noticed these progress bars are linked to other processes. Let's go ahead and isolate those.

barfdog

hahahaha siri?? how about the sweet sexy cyber chick from halo that every one finds hot?

checkmate, apple.

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

nut

ya we made the CD drive with the hole in the middle so you can cut a weak hot dog in half with it like you asked

nut

ya we named all these holes the Universal Serial Buses after the coolest means to travel outer space

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Off topic, but that feel when your windows machine needs to reboot after an update (OS or some 3rd party software) and after powering down and restarting all it does is hang on the loading spinner.

Do something!

Khanstant
What if instead of letting one tablet program run without begging for admin privileges, on the admin account, we instead give them either the option to get more pop-ups from us, or simply go open rear end, no notifications, no stopping access, just gently caress you, either let us babysit or we're throwing you in the ocean.

google THIS

(error message designer on their first day)

"Error: Unable to allocate 11084756 bytes..."

(senior error message designer cracks whip)

"More obtuse!"

"Uhh... SEGFAULT 2790 CORE DUMP..."

(crack) "More obtuse!"

(desperately) "STOPCODE COULD_NOT_COPE. Please visit this webpage with one sentence of unhelpful text for more information."

"That's better. Now add a sad face emoticon and a QR code so they know we're cool."

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

google THIS posted:

(error message designer on their first day)

"Error: Unable to allocate 11084756 bytes..."

(senior error message designer cracks whip)

"More obtuse!"

"Uhh... SEGFAULT 2790 CORE DUMP..."

(crack) "More obtuse!"

(desperately) "STOPCODE COULD_NOT_COPE. Please visit this webpage with one sentence of unhelpful text for more information."

"That's better. Now add a sad face emoticon and a QR code so they know we're cool."

Finger Prince

I don't care if it's possible, we 👏 do 👏 not 👏 read 👏 the 👏 other 👏 file 👏 system!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
We did it. We designed video drivers that work with any monitor. True multi-monitor support at last!
What do you mean, "at the same time"?

Zamboni Rodeo

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
me: can i desginate some of these custom fonts as members of the same font family?
windows, spitting out their drink: what the gently caress? what the gently caress did you say to me you little bitch?
me: i... i just, i want to customize how these custom fonts are displayed
windows: I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

crimes

Nosfereefer

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

me: can i desginate some of these custom fonts as members of the same font family?
windows, spitting out their drink: what the gently caress? what the gently caress did you say to me you little bitch?
me: i... i just, i want to customize how these custom fonts are displayed
windows: I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

Muscle Tracer

Medals only weigh one down.

Usually, when someone is applying formatting to text, we'll make it keep the selection, in case they want to apply other formatting to the same text. Unless they're highlighting the text, in which case we have to deselect that poo poo immediately. IMMEDIATELY.

biosterous

there's no way that someone would want to select only part of a word if they select a whole word after that! absolutely impossible. need to make it select the entire word for them because they are definitely doing it wrong every time.

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

HELLOMYNAMEIS___

Finger Prince posted:

Behold! Cortana

Ooooh
Ahhhh
What does it do?

Nobody knows!
Nobody has ever used it!

Just a few days ago, Cortana was suddenly open on my machine. It was a window that was titled "Cortana", and it just said "Cortana is not available in your region". I could close it, but it wouldn't actually close, just go to the background (it would still be in the alt-tab task list). I had to go to Task Manager to kill it.

Well, that's my Cortana story.

Finger Prince

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
i'm the guy responsible for putting ads in minesweeper. i proposed that idea while receiving genital pleasure from a minimally modified DeWalt SawzAll.

crimes